I'm skeptical for the following reasons

Skeptical, but anxious to see the series.

From the trailers they've shown it could end up being hit or miss.

The girl in the white dress though, gets props from me regardless of the quality of the rest of the show.
:up:

I've changed my mind.

I'm "optimistic" with high hopes for the series to survive more than six episodes. I actually prefer Sticky's appearance to Wesley's. IMHO, the one key advantage that Wesley had was his martial arts training. I'm hoping Sticky can catch on to "film" martial arts as quickly as Kianu did for the Matrix series.

Neo's martial arts looked good. Wesley's martial arts look pretty good, but at times he looks like he's posing while implementing the move.

I want Sticky's fight scenes to look fluid.

XBRoughneck said:
I've changed my mind.

I'm "optimistic" with high hopes for the series to survive more than six episodes. I actually prefer Sticky's appearance to Wesley's. IMHO, the one key advantage that Wesley had was his martial arts training. I'm hoping Sticky can catch on to "film" martial arts as quickly as Kianu did for the Matrix series.

Neo's martial arts looked good. Wesley's martial arts look pretty good, but at times he looks like he's posing while implementing the move.

I want Sticky's fight scenes to look fluid.

Sticky said himself he won't train that much in martial arts in his latest interview. He said he will focus more on boxing which he considers more street fighting. Besides if you look at his costume he has way too many weapons on him, there's no way he going to look fluid by doing too much martial arts anyway without props flying off. Goyer said the series will have more gunplay then fist fights anyway.

I disagree about Snipes. The Blade series wouldn't be what it is today if it wasn't for Snipes period, he brought in his fighting team and Snipes is the one who gave Blade his Bladeness. Used his Martial arts traing and his ideas with some of weapons ala the Blade Sword with spikes coming out the handle etc.

Goyer gets way too much credit. Alot of the time Snipes would cut out some lines from the script to make the character more apealing. You seen what happens when you don't have Snipes involved in a production from last movie, thats when you get something like Blade Trinity.

I say B:Trinity started as a solid Blade movie the first 15 minutes until Blade gets captured then the film goes down hill from there. The movie is like MTV style/waterdown version of Blade. Barely no gore, weak fight scenes for the most part and corny ass jokes that really brings the movie down.

I agree. Goyer didn't seem to know where he wanted to take the film & he was too focused on the "Nightstalkers" movie that never happened to give Trinity the respect it deserved.
Oddly enough, he has repeatedly criticized the Batman films of the 90's, saying they got progressively worse. And yet he repeated one of their biggest mistakes; taking the focus off the main character.

My biggest concern is that Sticky may not stand up to unnecessary character changes like Snipes did. In the commentary of all the Blade movies, Wesley is very adamant about saying "No, Blade won't do this" or "Blade wouldn't do it like that, he'd do it like this"..he went through many battles with the film makers about Blades persona and eventually got his way and the result was a kickass Blade-in speech and mannerism. Sticky might not be as detemined as Snipes in standing up to the network, and if they ask him to have Blade say 'cry', then he might just go with it, just to keep the peace.

I really hope Sticky studied the Blade films to nail Wesleys mannerism.

Golgo13:The Hitman said:
I really hope Sticky studied the Blade films to nail Wesleys mannerism.

Sticky did extensive research using the Blade comics, not by watching Wesley.

The original Blade is considered (by most I think) to be the best of the bunch, and yet Wesley didn't have another "Wesley" to study.

I look forward to Sticky's interpretation of the Blade character.

Studying another actor's portrayal of the character may be the worst thing you can do. When you take over a role from someone, you wanna be fresh & original. Not a carbon copy of what came before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"