Im writing a Green Lantern script!

So it looks like the John Stewart uniform? Just green shoulders & bracers then a big black body suit underneath?

Yeeechchhch....

The current Hal Jordan look is great. Very iconic, but a little modern too.

LanternFan said:
So it looks like the John Stewart uniform? Just green shoulders & bracers then a big black body suit underneath?

Yeeechchhch....

The current Hal Jordan look is great. Very iconic, but a little modern too.

Ehhh.....The only thing I liked about John Stewart was his uniform. However, as a character, John Stewart is a complete bore to me, and you will see zero elements of the Stewart character in my Green Lantern script.

Just for the record, John used to have quite a bit of personality... it magically dissappeared when Kyle came on the scene and hasn't returned since...

HR-PUFF&STUFF said:
why would Parallax be in the first movie that would be like haveing the clone saga for the first spider-man movie.

I thought about this the other day, and if I were to write a Hal Jordon GL movie, I just have balls and take the route that could potentially suck balls or be really cool. Wish it start off with the Parralax story. Just start it with Hal Jordon in confrotation with his memories, have the entire first story be Hal Jordon's fall, and at hte end he doesn't stay Parralax, but rising up again, and the rest of the movies would be him dealing with that and being a superhero. Since the main fault with Hal Jordon has always been he's a boring character, that kind of solves it.

GL1 said:
Just for the record, John used to have quite a bit of personality... it magically dissappeared when Kyle came on the scene and hasn't returned since...

Yea....but it still wasn't anything worth filming.

I, myself, am coming up with an idea to pitch to WB. I hope I can succeed. But I am not trying to steal your glory, Venom. If we both fail... perhaps we could talk and co-write!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woot: :gl:

batlovescatDC said:
I, myself, am coming up with an idea to pitch to WB. I hope I can succeed. But I am not trying to steal your glory, Venom. If we both fail... perhaps we could talk and co-write!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woot: :gl:

Good luck to ya........I just want a good Green Lantern movie made.

ShadowBoxing said:
You might try working on your grammar first.

This guy is not joking. I have written a couple screenplay's and the first one was destroyed by critics for grammar, punctuation, and spelling. There wasn't a single page that wasn't covered in red. It was a bloody mess.

Good luck! I've been working on my GL script for the past month, trying to get it finished by February 2007 for my submission deadline to see if WB is interested in my take of it. If they are, then I may get offered the Flash.

^^
Holy crap, seriously? How the hell does that work? :wow:
Could you explain?

I wrote a 'Darkhawk' script a few years ago, but Marvel passed on it at the time since they stopped accepting scripts after they closed their open-submission policy when Jemas "left."

However I was recently contacted by a studio, name I'm withholding, and they liked my 'Darkhawk' script. So I recently pulled the script from my site, while they try to get Marvel's ear for them to see if they like to adapt it. However the guy I talked to for said studio said he had better ties at Warner Bros. and asked if I was interested in doing a presentation draft to WB. After saying yes I accepted for 'Green Lantern,' as they were less than happy with the one for Jack Black, and they were looking to go beyond the Superman and Batman franchise they had. The guy also mentioned that they may be looking for a presentation draft of 'Flash' as well.

Anywho, he showed his friend my 'Darkhawk' script and they liked it, so now I have until February 2007 to submit my script. If they like it, then they'll buy it, with me getting 85% and the studio getting 15%. As for on-screen credit, that'll depend, as WB can easily hire a WGA writer to fix a few things and they'll get the credit, while I'm the ghost writer - which irks me a little, but meh, I need money right now more than the credit. However, if they do like it as is or ask me to do the re-write, then I can easily get the credit once they provide financial statements for me to submit to the WGA for membership as proof of having sold a script.

Anywho, wish me luck!

venom420 said:
Im sorry for the mis-lead. I mean't in movies further down the road. Im sticking with one Lantern!

that's lame. Green Lantern should be similar to Star Wars in that first (chronologically at least) you have the rise and fall of the greatest hero (Anakin/Hal), who takes the entire group (Jedi/GLC) down with him. Then you have one of the few remaining elders (Obi-Wan/Ganthet) recruit the young, reluctanct rookie (Luke/Kyle) and start it over with a new beginning. It'd make for a great series of films. I hate saying trilogy since it seems everything's a trilogy these days, but three does seem like a fitting number. First is Hal's origin, Sinestro and whatnot. Second is his fall and turn to Parralax. Thrid is Kyle's origin and defeat/redemption of Parralax.

Oh well, hopefully DC finally decides to take GL seriously, and hires a damn good team to produce them. I have huge faith in them after the last few of movies they made (Constantine was decent yet forgettable, but Batman, Superman, and V were excellent).

Katsuro said:
that's lame. Green Lantern should be similar to Star Wars in that first (chronologically at least) you have the rise and fall of the greatest hero (Anakin/Hal), who takes the entire group (Jedi/GLC) down with him. Then you have one of the few remaining elders (Obi-Wan/Ganthet) recruit the young, reluctanct rookie (Luke/Kyle) and start it over with a new beginning. It'd make for a great series of films. I hate saying trilogy since it seems everything's a trilogy these days, but three does seem like a fitting number. First is Hal's origin, Sinestro and whatnot. Second is his fall and turn to Parralax. Thrid is Kyle's origin and defeat/redemption of Parralax.

Oh well, hopefully DC finally decides to take GL seriously, and hires a damn good team to produce them. I have huge faith in them after the last few of movies they made (Constantine was decent yet forgettable, but Batman, Superman, and V were excellent).
What Katsuro is really saying is that it should parallel Star Wars in its story line. Stories about the rise, fall, and redemption of a hero is not necessarily unique to the Star Wars franchise. This type of tale is as old as the epic of Gilgamesh. Even mythical heroes like Heracles (Hercules) and Beowulf had similar story lines and it is not solely exclusive to "Star Wars" and Darth Vader. This is a classic plot line and has proven it self over time in both written stories and on film. You could also use the Lensmen serial as source material as well.

I also think that using an ensemble cast will help since Green Lantern has always been challenged as a lone character title in the comics, never having a consistent run over the last 68 years like Batman or Superman. I think that the trend has shown that films of this genere (comicbook heroes and scifi/fantasy) have performed better with an ensemble cast. This offers the audiece multiple heroes to idolize as well as multiple subplots to follow. Also keep in mind that luring in an audience from the Sci-Fi/Fantasy genere is going to aid significantly in the attendance of the film so tailoring a script to that demographic will be key.

venom420 said:
Yea....but it still wasn't anything worth filming.

It was outselling everything else when it was out. I don't think you actually know what you're talking about. Stick to what you know.:cwink:

I am beginning to think that he is actually a troll and he is trying to start up an argument over John Stewart. I would just ignore what he said about that.

Be sure to cast Jack Black as the Green Lantern! He would be PERFECT for the role!!! Lol. I was being sarcastic, thank god GL/JB never saw the light.

My script consists with Ha Jordan, Sinestro, Carol Ferris, Thomas Kalmaku, and, of course, The Guardians. If done right... the Green Lantern movies could be the next STAR WARS or STAR TREK.

I am beginning to think that he is actually a troll and he is trying to start up an argument over John Stewart. I would just ignore what he said about that.

Hey, sorry I don't really like John Stewart. It's just my opinion, nothing more. I'm not a troll and Im not trying to act like a troll. Again, Ive just never been caught up in the story of John Stewart.

Hey, sorry I don't really like John Stewart. It's just my opinion, nothing more. I'm not a troll and Im not trying to act like a troll. Again, Ive just never been caught up in the story of John Stewart.

So what ever happened to you script? Care to comment on that?

I wrote a 'Darkhawk' script a few years ago, but Marvel passed on it at the time since they stopped accepting scripts after they closed their open-submission policy when Jemas "left."

However I was recently contacted by a studio, name I'm withholding, and they liked my 'Darkhawk' script. So I recently pulled the script from my site, while they try to get Marvel's ear for them to see if they like to adapt it. However the guy I talked to for said studio said he had better ties at Warner Bros. and asked if I was interested in doing a presentation draft to WB. After saying yes I accepted for 'Green Lantern,' as they were less than happy with the one for Jack Black, and they were looking to go beyond the Superman and Batman franchise they had. The guy also mentioned that they may be looking for a presentation draft of 'Flash' as well.

Anywho, he showed his friend my 'Darkhawk' script and they liked it, so now I have until February 2007 to submit my script. If they like it, then they'll buy it, with me getting 85% and the studio getting 15%. As for on-screen credit, that'll depend, as WB can easily hire a WGA writer to fix a few things and they'll get the credit, while I'm the ghost writer - which irks me a little, but meh, I need money right now more than the credit. However, if they do like it as is or ask me to do the re-write, then I can easily get the credit once they provide financial statements for me to submit to the WGA for membership as proof of having sold a script.

Anywho, wish me luck!

Dude that's really fascinating! I started writing a GL script too, a lot of it adapted straight from the comics with Hal as the lead character and tons of cameos from well known alien GL's.

I hope that they like your script man. Green Lantern is one of my favorite heroes. He's so different from anybody else and the world he inhabits is so adventurous .

Once again, Good Luck! Make it Rock! Unlike Superman Returns...

the only way in my eyes to do justice to GL is to make it a trilogy

Have the first film a set up story with the origin played out,with Hal finding Abin Sur getting the ring,learning all about the corps,guardians and oa then defeating Sinestro.

The second Mongul tears through the galaxy with warlworld and destroys coast city,sending Hal mad making him kill mongul and becoming parallax,the movie could end with Kyle getting the ring (empire strikes back type bummer ending).

Part three would be Kyle learning his powers and stopping Hal,who would eventually be redeemed when he discovers he is host to the parallax parasite and gets free of it and he and Kyle destroy it.

Thats how i would love to see it...will never happen though

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"