Improved action?

AVEITWITHJAMON

Badass Cloud
Reaction score
I dont know about anyone else, but most of the action in the first movie slightly dissapointed me and it was often to short. Now i know this may have been down to budget, but i hope the fights in this movie are slightly longer and a bit more epic. The best fight in the first movie was Hellboy vs Sammael in the train station and it lasted what? 3 minutes. This dissapointed me because the fights in Blade II were perfect, and this was the same team. So i hope we get a few longer and more epic fights in this movie, anyone else feel the same?

I don't have any problems with the action scenes in HB apart form the fact that some stunts were obviously done with wire-work.

I hope we get a kickass battle sequence with HB fighting fairies. I'll pay for that. :D

Thats what i am hoping a few longer and more intense fight sequences in the sequel, but i think GDT mentioned somewere that the budget for the sequel is the same as the first movie, so that may not be possible.

Well, now that there's no need to set up the character's backgrounds, there will be more time for some serious monster butt kicking. GDT has promised us more action this time around.

>^^<

I think now that they're at Universal they're getting a slightly bigger budget.

monkeygust said:
I think now that they're at Universal they're getting a slightly bigger budget.

What makes you think that? Any sources or just a guess?

I just remember GDT saying that the sequel would be bigger in scale but no in budget. I hope the budget is bigger though, GDT can work wonders with a smaller one so imagine him with a biggish one.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
I dont know about anyone else, but most of the action in the first movie slightly dissapointed me and it was often to short. Now i know this may have been down to budget, but i hope the fights in this movie are slightly longer and a bit more epic. The best fight in the first movie was Hellboy vs Sammael in the train station and it lasted what? 3 minutes. This dissapointed me because the fights in Blade II were perfect, and this was the same team. So i hope we get a few longer and more epic fights in this movie, anyone else feel the same?

i agree partially... i liked most, if not all of the fights in hellboy. they were shorter, sure, but there were more of them, and them were spread out pretty evenly throughout the movie.

but yeah, the choreography in blade II was much, much smoother, as was the wire work (which was pretty off in hellboy in some scenes) and the fights (especially the last last few with blade vs. the guards and blade vs. nomak) were all aces.

I thought the action was pretty well done in Hellboy. But more scenes with his gun would be cool to see.

Mr. Credible said:
i agree partially... i liked most, if not all of the fights in hellboy. they were shorter, sure, but there were more of them, and them were spread out pretty evenly throughout the movie.

but yeah, the choreography in blade II was much, much smoother, as was the wire work (which was pretty off in hellboy in some scenes) and the fights (especially the last last few with blade vs. the guards and blade vs. nomak) were all aces.

This was a main concern of mine definately, and as you said, the fight scene's in Blade II were a lot smoother and IMO definately more exciting and nailbiting.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
This was a main concern of mine definately, and as you said, the fight scene's in Blade II were a lot smoother and IMO definately more exciting and nailbiting.

In Blade II, Jeff Ward was the fight choreographer, whereas Hellboy didn't have one at all. That may be why the fight scenes don't look as nice in Hellboy and who knows, maybe GDT will get one for Hellboy II.

>^^<

TheShadowCat said:
In Blade II, Jeff Ward was the fight choreographer, whereas Hellboy didn't have one at all. That may be why the fight scenes don't look as nice in Hellboy and who knows, maybe GDT will get one for Hellboy II.

>^^<

Jeff Ward was the fight choreographer for HB as well, i'm sure of it.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Jeff Ward was the fight choreographer for HB as well, i'm sure of it.

Jeff Ward did stunts on Hellboy, but he wasn't the stunt choreographer according to IMDb.

>^^<

TheShadowCat said:
Jeff Ward did stunts on Hellboy, but he wasn't the stunt choreographer according to IMDb.

>^^<

I'm sure he at least helped choreograph the fights in the movie, in fact i'm sure of it, he is on the DVD.

I loved the action in the first film especially Kroenen.:up: My only wish is that Abe Sapien gets to do more and show his skills same with Liz, her power is a great offensive weapon and looks beautiful on screen.

Retroman said:
I loved the action in the first film especially Kroenen.:up: My only wish is that Abe Sapien gets to do more and show his skills same with Liz, her power is a great offensive weapon and looks beautiful on screen.

I thought Kroenins fight with HB could have been longer, in fact i felt every fight could have been longer.

Retroman said:

Then you'll be happy to know that Abe gets a much bigger part in Hellboy II.

>^^<

TheShadowCat said:
Then you'll be happy to know that Abe gets a much bigger part in Hellboy II.

>^^<

I hope we get to see Abe fight, i am curious about his fighting style, i think it would be somewhat like Nightcrawlers in X2.

^Your not the only one, i think it will rock and i have looked forward to it for a while now!

I want to see HB REALLY in danger in this movie, i never got the sense that he was going to lose in the first movie and i hope they do it in this one.

Kroenen really didn't do much in the first movie as far as fighting goes. They should find a way to bring him back and have him be more formidable.

Also, for the action scenes in Blade 2, you didn't have just Jeff Ward, but also Donnie freaking Yen doing stunt choreagraphy.

^Dont think Kroenin is gonna be in this, think Del Toro confirmed that.

At best, Kroenen will have a cameo in the 'don't blink or you'll miss him' kind of thing.

>^^<

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
^Dont think Kroenin is gonna be in this, think Del Toro confirmed that.

Unless something has changed. Kroenen will definately be in HB2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"