For you, which movie had the best score?

AVEITWITHJAMON

Badass Cloud
Reaction score
I had to see Hellboy II a few more times before I decided this, and I want to know what others think about the score situation. I was a bit dissapointed in the cinema when the opening credits started and the HB theme from the first movie wasnt there, but when I sat back I still enjoyed the score for the movie, thought it helped it along really well at some points.

BUT, I still find the score to the first movie to be superior, not only did I like the main theme from the first movie better, but some of the little theme's were much better too. So, its definately the first movies score I prefer, what do you guys all think? Vote above.

I like the second but not by much. Both of them are a bit underwhelming, I just think Hellboy needs a more amazing score...and the two we've gotten doesn't really give the charecter justice.

^The score for the first movie had to grow on me for a little bit but these days I love it, a great score and certain bits, like Hellboy saving Liz and Myers from the Sammaels and vice-versa, I know couldnt do without. The score from HB II never really had little theme's like that and the main Hellboy theme was sorely missing IMO. Who knows though, I may grow to love the 2nd movie score more in the coming years.

I liked both of them but Marco's themes for the characters from the first film stick out in my mind more. I loved each of their themes, especially the moment of Father's Funeral.

I am a very big fan of both. The thing I rate the most is appropriateness, and I think they both pulled that off to a tee.

The first one had two of my favorite themes from any movie (Father's Funeral and Hellboy and Liz). Therefore, the first film gets my vote.

Hellboy I. Probably the one thing from the original I liked more (every other aspect I probably give to Hellboy II). Elfman's score isn't bad at all, but Marco's themes are much more memorable, especially the main one during the opening titles.

^I have got to agree, I watched both back-to-back the other day, and while 2 is the superior movie, the score in HB1 (which is still an awesome movie BTW), was just so much better, it just got in your head more and improved more scene's than the score in the 2nd movie did. Plus, the score from the 2nd movie didnt seem to have a central theme for Hellboy, or at least, a compelling one.

I actually enjoyed both equally, both scores took their time to grow on me, but they both fit their respective movies as the tone for the first one is horror, while the tone for the 2nd is fantasy, so both scores suited the tone that both movies went for, for me at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"