In theaters or on Disney+?

Web-Head

Oh boy yeah
Reaction score
Now that we know Black Widow will be released in theaters and on Disney+ simultaneously, how will you be watching it?

ExL1AFsUUAg9flN

https://twitter.com/MarvelousRealm/status/1374430223568052243/photo/1

At home.

But there probably should be a poll option for "wait".

I'm definitely in theaters but I suspect most people will be watching from home. I'm curious to know if most will watch from concern of the virus, or because its on D+.

Ill likely be watching on D+ even though it'd be cheaper to watch in theaters.

I think I'll end up watching it in theaters depending on numbers and whether I've been vaccinated.

Probably at home. Apparently cinemas will be open in the UK by then but I don't know if I'd want to be risking that. I would hope it wouldn't be as packed and that there would be a space between seats as standard. My cinema only seems to play films for about a week or so before it's already on its way out.

As long as theaters require wearing masks at all times, I don’t think I’ll be going back. I definitely agree with the rule but it is very uncomfortable for me to be wearing it for a straight 2+ hours indoors.

If I see it at all, probably in theaters. For one, I don't have Disney+ (even though there are other means), but as annoying as it was to have a mask on the whole time for New Mutants and WW1984 (and soon Godzilla v Kong), I get it. It's irritating, but I get it.

As long as theaters require wearing masks at all times, I don’t think I’ll be going back. I definitely agree with the rule but it is very uncomfortable for me to be wearing it for a straight 2+ hours indoors.
The crazy thing is, I just went to watch The Courier there was about 12 people in theater with me and almost all were just wearing them around their chins. I don't know how much theaters are trying to enforce this.

Depends on how bad infections are in my province, and the vaccination status of me and my family members. We're currently in a spike of new infections that match the 2nd wave, and my first vaccination won't come until mid-June at earliest.

For safety's sake I'll probably end up getting this at home.

The crazy thing is, I just went to watch The Courier there was about 12 people in theater with me and almost all were just wearing them around their chins. I don't know how much theaters are trying to enforce this.

Yeah that’s what I’m afraid of too. There’s going to be people like that and you can’t really do much about it. I’d rather remove myself from that type of situation entirely so I don’t have to deal with it.

If people wear glasses and not contact lenses then wearing a mask is going to fog up your glasses the whole time making it difficult to see. I can't see this being comfortable at all and worth it just to see the film in theatres and then maybe not even enjoy it that much.

Last edited:
Yeah my glasses always get fogged up when wearing a mask

If theaters are open I go there. But Im not waiting any longer, if they are closed I go with Disney+.

Home. If a movie is vastly improved visually in IMAX I will go theater, otherwise home. This movie doesn’t need IMAX for me. I also need at least one toilet break per movie, at home I can hit pause. Also if I can manage I would avoid wearing a mask for 2 hours straight. Even if D+ charged $40, home. I am lucky that cost is a relatively minor concern to me. I hope they would provide the home option going forward though I know it’s a wishful thinking.

In Australia, specifically Melbourne, we're very lucky to be going almost back to normal in a lot of ways, including the cinemas. I feel like I'd be taking that for granted if I just stayed home. Hopefully, as long as things stay the way they are in July, you bet my butt's gonna be in a seat at my local cinema. The first big blockbuster in 2 years deserves to be seen on the big screen if you can. It sucks that some other countries can't do it yet. One of my mates lives in the UK and he's starved for that experience.

In Australia, specifically Melbourne, we're very lucky to be going almost back to normal in a lot of ways, including the cinemas. I feel like I'd be taking that for granted if I just stayed home. Hopefully, as long as things stay the way they are in July, you bet my butt's gonna be in a seat at my local cinema. The first big blockbuster in 2 years deserves to be seen on the big screen if you can. It sucks that some other countries can't do it yet. One of my mates lives in the UK and he's starved for that experience.

I know, right? Just a few more days until Godzilla vs Kong comes out.

Godzilla vs. Kong already made over $122 million worldwide. That could give Marvel some hope.

Last edited:
Seeing in theaters, saw Nobody this past weekend, and seeing Godzilla vs Kong tomorrow.

If all goes well and the theater stays open I will be seeing this as well.

Premiere Access, because if it’s good, than I can watch it a few days later again

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"