Should Dark Phoenix Be Shelved When Disney gets Fox?

While I have a bad feeling about Dark Phoenix after the delay (and it not going to SDCC), I will point out that Deadpool, Logan, and Deadpool 2 all didn't get trailers until 5 months before release. Just for the doomsayers to consider.
Well you pointed out Sdcc which is something to consider... You were sure that the film would present its trailer there but not even a poster was shown. Consider that.

I would NOT use DP2 as a example of a good Fox Marvel to prove my point

I'm expecting this to be bad, but I do wonder if it can be Fant4stic level of bad. Kinberg is a first time director anyway, and he has an awful track record as a writer, which includes some of the worst FOX CBMs. And he apparently directed some of Fant4stic as well.

Also, this movie will (apparently) have the skrulls in it. And it will be debuting close to Captain Marvel. So... it could be another reason if Disney decides to release it on streaming if it's in the best interest of the MCU moving forward.

three months of reshoots... LOL. I still don't know what they were thinking when they got Kinberg to do this. Maybe he was the only one willing to direct.
It's definitely the best option to throw this on the streaming service, and just stop the reshoots. Stop spending money on this and just throw it on the service.

Kinberg, as part of his proposition to the Powers-That-Be at Fox for why he should direct, said he was the grandfather (or was it godfather?) of the X-men films. Shows you how the studio has no clue how Simon is viewed by fans.

Surely dude has some clout at the studio though, otherwise you can't really go from writing X3, Fant4stic and still be offered higher positions.

He's obviously bent the knee to the right people.

I suspect both figuratively and literally . :sly:

The X-Men deserve better. The whole situation is just sad.

The X-Men deserve better. The whole situation is just sad.

The X-Men will get better once Feige has them all safe at Marvel Studios. :cwink:

The best part of this reshoot business is that, just like Josh Trank before him, Kinberg was confident enough in what he shot that he had all the sets struck months ago. Now they will not only have to rebuild, but the studio they originally used is no longer available so they have to shoot elsewhere. It's like he learned nothing from his experience on Fant4stic. :loco:

The X-Men will get better once Feige has them all safe at Marvel Studios. :cwink:

The best part of this reshoot business is that, just like Josh Trank before him, Kinberg was confident enough in what he shot that he had all the sets struck months ago. Now they will not only have to rebuild, but the studio they originally used is no longer available so they have to shoot elsewhere. It's like he learned nothing from his experience on Fant4stic. :loco:

As I was reading some things about 3 months reshoots and then "No, it's not really that bad", I was thinking this sounds SO MUCH like Fant4stic.

I'm waiting for Kinberg to reuse his infamous line: "It's not a disaster". :funny:

Has there been any mention of anybody competent taking over, or is Kinberg still blindly fumbling through the reshoots after being the reason they need reshoots?

Yeah, I think that the Disney streaming service should have like a "Marvel Legends" banner or something...throw the non-MCU films and tv shows in that...then put New Mutants and Dark Phoenix there to entice a few more people to join.

As I was reading some things about 3 months reshoots and then "No, it's not really that bad", I was thinking this sounds SO MUCH like Fant4stic.

I'm waiting for Kinberg to reuse his infamous line: "It's not a disaster". :funny:

Has there been any mention of anybody competent taking over, or is Kinberg still blindly fumbling through the reshoots after being the reason they need reshoots?

In his new role as Fox newscaster, here is Simon Kinberg reporting the latest news from his helicopter: "It's not a disaster"

giphy.gif

Collider confirmed 2.5 weeks of reshoots.

The original article made it sound like the source of the info about the switch from “2 weeks to 3 months” and the move to a different shooting studio is the CEO of the Film and TV Bureau of Quebec. If you believe the Collider report debunking the article, then you believe the CEO is lying.

Well you pointed out Sdcc which is something to consider... You were sure that the film would present its trailer there but not even a poster was shown. Consider that.

I did.... hence my mentioning it.... :dry:

The original article made it sound like the source of the info about the switch from “2 weeks to 3 months” and the move to a different shooting studio is the CEO of the Film and TV Bureau of Quebec. If you believe the Collider report debunking the article, then you believe the CEO is lying.

It seems to me that Collider may be getting played by its "sources close to the production". The same writer was fed false info supposedly debunking the start of DP's filming in Montreal, too. There is a lot at stake here for Kinberg which makes a spin campaign all the more likely.

Whatever the length of the reshoots, it'll all come out eventually just as with Fant4stic, Justice League, Suicide Squad, etc. A slew of "What Went Wrong" articles will detail all of the backstage turmoil as soon as this turkey crash lands in theaters. That's how it always works.

Whelp, here's hoping X-Force starts shooting before the deal is signed. It won't happen, but c'mon baby, let Drew Goddard get it in under the wire before Disney shelves it because it'll be too much IP trapped in the R-rated space!

(With that said, I still think there's a decent chance they put New Mutants on Netflix. They can't stream it on their service if the reshoots are to make it R...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"