Should Dark Phoenix Be Shelved When Disney gets Fox?

Whelp, here's hoping X-Force starts shooting before the deal is signed. It won't happen, but c'mon baby, let Drew Goddard get it in under the wire before Disney shelves it because it'll be too much IP trapped in the R-rated space!

Goddard hasn't started writing X-Force yet, he has been, and will be, busy with Bad Times... up until October. Earliest it could film is probably late next year [educated guess][...and of course that's if Marvel go ahead with it.].

Last edited:
(With that said, I still think there's a decent chance they put New Mutants on Netflix. They can't stream it on their service if the reshoots are to make it R...)

New Mutants getting mixed up in this is the biggest kick in the bollocks for me. It was my favorite comic when I was a kid and it's movie being horror got me more amped because it's my favorite genre. I'm hoping it gets a theatrical release or comes out on Blu-Ray?

If it goes to streaming then you would get a blu-ray at some point. Iron Fist has a blu-ray.

Last edited:
In the UK right now only :o

Which angers me!!!

Didn't know that. Seems quite backwards. Are blu-rays not region free now though?

It definitely seems like Disney wants to bury the rest of the franchise.

The cynic in me says Disney doesn't want Phoenix released before Captain Marvel and Avengers 4. Is that in any way a possibility?

June cements it that Disney will control this movie, they will then shelve it to Streaming.

Disney being intimidated by a sequel of Apocalypse? Fat chance, me thinks,

They are not intimidated, they just don't want their new acquisition to be tainted by a train wreck of a movie.

May 24: Disney's Aladdin
May 31: Godzilla: King of the Monsters
June 7: The Secret Life of Pets 2
June 7: Dark Phoenix
June: 14: Men in Black spin-off
June 21: Toy Story 4

Good luck, Dark Phoenix.

June 7 is just a paper date, no way it;s getting released in theaters on that date or at all.

Good luck, Dark Phoenix.

If Dark Phoenix is under Disney by then, why would they release it only a couple of weeks after Aladdin and a couple of weeks before Toy Story 4?

It's not like they think they have such a strong product that they can have it compete against the Secret Life of Pets 2 and then be undercut by MIB or potentially still pushed aside by Godzilla.

This isn't exactly Infinity War that they're dropping right in the middle of these as if to throw down the gauntlet and let everyone else run for cover.

Given that the release date has been pushed back yet again, now I do believe that there is a real chance that this might not get a wide theatrical release. I said there was little or no chance of that happening before, but I just can no longer ignore that this much smoke might really mean that there is actually a fire.

What happened to the rest of the X-Men Dark Phoenix thread? It seems like all the posts from the last day have been deleted, setting it back to some time on Wednesday when someone last posted in it. What was wrong with all the posts from the last day?

What happened to the rest of the X-Men Dark Phoenix thread? It seems like all the posts from the last day have been deleted, setting it back to some time on Wednesday when someone last posted in it. What was wrong with all the posts from the last day?

The same thing happened to the Keep Hope Alive thread. There is something seriously wrong with the site.

The same thing happened to the Keep Hope Alive thread. There is something seriously wrong with the site.

I thought it looked a bit odd too.

There was a lot that was posted in here. It's as if the whole Dark Phoenix being pushed back to June never happened if you were to read this thread.

Maybe it was all a dream and it's still on for Feb. :o

No. It is already delayed.

Good luck, Dark Phoenix.
More like good luck keeping a theatrical release.

Heavy traffic i guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"