Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that all these teased characters are playable. Cause really why wouldn't Ares not be playable, or Sinestro. Both are very high ranking rogues in DC Universe.

well the way they described Ares by saying how they want to make him "cool" and awesome to people who may not familiar with him..........that makes it sound more likely he's playable and not just some background character.

same with Aquaman. the article seemed pretty emphatic that Aqua would "star" in Injustice.

Raven would benefit from the same treatment as Ares. she's probably not that well known to the general public, and this would be a good way to make her more mainstream.

the only one I could see "in" but not playable would be Doomsday as a Goro-like unplayable/unlockable boss.

oh, and I finally picked up MK9 yesterday. I got the Komplete Edition.

I tried out Noob and Ermac, and I can definitely see Raven's playstyle in those characters.

Noob has that ghost energy ball attack that prevents people from blocking, as well as shadow and portal attacks.

Ermac has TK attacks, lifts, and slams.

nicely done! welcome to the MK9 family, I think you'll have a lot of fun with that game

nicely done! welcome to the MK9 family, I think you'll have a lot of fun with that game

yeah.....it does feel kind of weird going back to the MK universe. It feels familiar, yet different with all the new mechanics.

I grew up playing MK 1 and 2. By the time MK 3 came out, I started to lose interest and the arcade scene was starting to die out. I hardly touched any of the "3d" MKs.

so far, I've been staying in Tutorial/Practice mode, trying to get a feel for the mechanics and characters.

I got it for PS3, btw. so if anyone here's on PSN..........

yeah.....it does feel kind of weird going back to the MK universe. It feels familiar, yet different with all the new mechanics.

I grew up playing MK 1 and 2. By the time MK 3 came out, I started to lose interest and the arcade scene was starting to die out. I hardly touched any of the "3d" MKs.

so far, I've been staying in Tutorial/Practice mode, trying to get a feel for the mechanics and characters.

I got it for PS3, btw. so if anyone here's on PSN..........

I also grew up playing MK1 and 2, I still remember the first time I played MK1 at a friends house and how fascinated I was with it. After that I never stopped loving MK, even through the less popular "3d" era which I still really liked.

which MK characters do you like most or are trying to use first? I have it on PS3 so im down for playing if you like, I could teach some good combos, I know good combos with almost everyone, only characters I suck with are jax, sheeva, sindel, noob saibot, baraka and kung lao

Subzero was the one I used the most back in the arcade days.....

but now, I'm looking at characters like Ermac and Kenshi. I like the TK based characters. Noob's moveset also looks cool, but I generally don't like playing as bad characters ( I had no idea he was the MK 1 Subzero!!! ).

the combos were giving me a hard time in tutorial.........

and I thought each character had 2 fatalities? in the fatality practice mode it only gives you one to practice.......

my PSN id is ravenxedge......btw.

You unlock the other one in the krypt or I believe if you look it up and do it on the tutorial it saves it for you

Subzero was the one I used the most back in the arcade days.....

but now, I'm looking at characters like Ermac and Kenshi. I like the TK based characters. Noob's moveset also looks cool, but I generally don't like playing as bad characters ( I had no idea he was the MK 1 Subzero!!! ).

the combos were giving me a hard time in tutorial.........

and I thought each character had 2 fatalities? in the fatality practice mode it only gives you one to practice.......

my PSN id is ravenxedge......btw.

I haven't played MK9 in a long time but I'm probably going to re-boot it soon. The characters do have 2 normal fatalities and 1 unique sequence to do stage fatalities each. You can either unlock the code in-game (mostly in the krypt), buy the strategy guide, or search for it online.

I played a lot of Noob, Smoke, and Kitana when the game first came out. I haven't decided on who to play in Injustice yet though. If characters have unique stories or unlockables then the first thing I'll do is try and beat it at least once w/ everyone. For online play I'll probably try and figure out the top 2 I'm best with out of the characters I like.

yeah, I really hope each character has some kind of story/intro/ending, outside of the more structured Story Mode.

if Raven's in, I'm obviously maining her. after her, Nightwing.

MK9 had a tower w/ unique endings for everyone. If Injustice is the same then I'll play through w/ everyone just to see their endings.

If there are unlockable characters or skins then unlocking w/ be my first task. I cannot stand having locked content. I hope there are unlockables but I also hope they are easy to unlock...you know, something like "complete tower on any difficulty level using _________" There is a limit to my patience with unlockables. For example, I bought DOA5. It took forever for me to unlock the on-disc skimpy swimwear skins and the Alpha-152 character... while it was rewarding to show them off online when I finally unlocked them, the level of difficulty and time commitment for these was astounding and very frustrating.

These are the types of unlockables I'd like to see: displayable titles and comic art

Last edited:
Cheetah should really be playable in Injustice. Sure might have 0 chances because of Catwoman, but the possibility is still strong. Being a villian is one thing, but being a Wondy's main villian and part of the Dark Trinity(Joker, Lex, and Cheetah herself), there is still a chance. Cheetah is one powerful DC villian. She is the avatar of a goddess, which grants her the ability to have claws and fangs that can tear through Supes skin. Also, not only is she as strong as WW, but she can be fast enough to catch Flash off guard. Most recently in JL #13, she gave the whole group one hell of a time and it looks like she threw the battle to get into watch tower.

In the game Cheetah would be a strong power class character like WW. have fast blitzing combos like Flash, and would be nimble and agile like Nightwing.

In JL Doom, Cheetah attached nano chips onto her claws to make WW think everyone is Cheetah. So her gimmick would be where she sprints towards her opponent and their control input is reversed. In her super move, Cheetah strikes down her opponent with a powerful slash. Making them see a dozen clone of her self. Soon all 12 of the clones attacks in all directions, with Cheetah slashing them at their throat.

well I definitely hope she's in, her powers would be awesome in this game, im just trying to be cautiously optimistic. Like RavenX said, only time can tell for sure at this point

just like he wouldnt tease about Penguin? what do you think his chances are? hes gotta throw out some false hints, this is Boon we're talking about

I dont recall him throwing any false hints before MK9 was released.

He certainly did regarding DLC characters and unlockable outfits, though.

I dont recall him throwing any false hints before MK9 was released.

Well he did once say that they were working on Onaga's moveset and Bo Rai Cho's X-ray.

I think since MK9 was a retelling of MK1-3 most people knew more or less who the roster would be, the only surprises were the extra non mk 1-3 characters (quan chi, cyber sub, skarlet, kenshi) plus the huge story leak sure helped to lay things out nice and clear. Nothings been leaked (with confirmation) for injustice, and literally any DC character can be in this game, its not a retelling of anything, so I think Boon is having fun with the unknown

Cheetah should really be playable in Injustice. Sure might have 0 chances because of Catwoman, but the possibility is still strong. Being a villian is one thing, but being a Wondy's main villian and part of the Dark Trinity(Joker, Lex, and Cheetah herself), there is still a chance. Cheetah is one powerful DC villian. She is the avatar of a goddess, which grants her the ability to have claws and fangs that can tear through Supes skin. Also, not only is she as strong as WW, but she can be fast enough to catch Flash off guard. Most recently in JL #13, she gave the whole group one hell of a time and it looks like she threw the battle to get into watch tower.

In the game Cheetah would be a strong power class character like WW. have fast blitzing combos like Flash, and would be nimble and agile like Nightwing.

In JL Doom, Cheetah attached nano chips onto her claws to make WW think everyone is Cheetah. So her gimmick would be where she sprints towards her opponent and their control input is reversed. In her super move, Cheetah strikes down her opponent with a powerful slash. Making them see a dozen clone of her self. Soon all 12 of the clones attacks in all directions, with Cheetah slashing them at their throat.

Wow...love how you're thinking!! I also love Cheetah and I'm hoping for her to be a playable character, along with Circe and Giganta (so Wonder Woman has 3 arch-enemies). I feel Cheetah is a powerful enough character (and different from Catwoman) that she can be placed in this game (as well as a main villain in a solo Wonder Woman movie).

I think since MK9 was a retelling of MK1-3 most people knew more or less who the roster would be, the only surprises were the extra non mk 1-3 characters (quan chi, cyber sub, skarlet, kenshi) plus the huge story leak sure helped to lay things out nice and clear. Nothings been leaked (with confirmation) for injustice, and literally any DC character can be in this game, its not a retelling of anything, so I think Boon is having fun with the unknown

He said all characters from mk1 to umk3 and rain didnt make it before dlc was announced.

But not for the final on disc rostor.

Yeah but the NRS hype machine didnt really start until MK9 turned out to be a huge success. Injustice is a different beast because there's an insanely huge DC fan base coupled with fight game fans and the hype of NRS in general in the wake of MK9.

There wasnt really a mystery as to who would be in MK9 and the fan base was a lot smaller at the time obviously. There's a difference.

I have to admit, I never really liked Cheetah as a character until her recent appearance in Justice League where I gained some appreciation of her character. If she were in the game, even if she played differently, I think a lot of people wouldn't give her a chance and would complain about having anther Catwoman.

Injustice issue 2 is out on DC app.

They are great so far but annoyingly short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"