Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmmm it does look like shes confirmed but it says in part of the article NOTE: All of these characters may not be playable

Hmmmmm it does look like shes confirmed but it says in part of the article NOTE: All of these characters may not be playable

Im tired of Boon trolling us. Just confirm Aquaman, Ares, Shazam, Black Adam, Sinestro, Doomsday, Black Canary, Zatanna, Hawkgirl, and Raven already. If these characters were not playable, then why are you hinting at them. If Aquaman and Ares werent playable how would they come across as bad ass?

Pretty sure she's playable. Otherwise Boon is a bigger troll than I thought. From Twitter:

Ed Boon ‏@noobde INJUSTICE comic seems to be getting RAVE reviews. Its a great prequel to the story in our game. http://www.readdcentertainment.com/Injustice-Gods-Among-Us-2013-1/digital-comic/DIG002462 …

hmmmm.....can't tell if that's a hint or not.......lol

but in Boon's latest tweet, he says that character DOES look like Raven, but reminded us that not all characters in story mode are playable.........:csad:

so, he's either being coy, or there's a chance that Raven really is unplayable...........:csad:

that would be a huge missed opportunity, if you ask me. the roster could really use some more diversity, not just in gender but in powers and ability.

we've got a lot of guys. and a lot of gadget/tech or brawler types.

time for another female, a hero, and a power character. and Raven's magic/shadow/TK powers would make for some interesting gameplay.

besides, that article also mentions how the characters will interact with the environmental objects differently ( something they've mentioned before ).

so far, all of the characters seem to be based on "physical" powers or abilities. Raven could use her mind/magic/TK powers to hurl the objects at her opponents, or slam her opponents into the objects.

also, if you look at the picture Raven is in, ALL of the other characters are playable.

We know Catwoman and Nightwing are playable. in the very back it looks like Cyborg vs someone offscreen, and Cyborg is playable.

Lex and Bane have been revealed, and while we haven't seen actual gameplay footage of them, the magazine did say Lex's "special button" gives him a shield and Bane's special button involves venom. That would suggest they are playable.

also, there was that rumor way back when about the voice actors for Cyborg, Deathstroke, and Raven, and the 1st 2 are confirmed playable. if Raven were merely a background/story/cutscene character, would she even need a voice actor??

so, with all of that, it should seem likely that Raven is playable. otherwise, that would be an extremely cruel and ironic tease to include her in that scene with other playable characters but make her unplayable.........

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Re. Raven: You made an observation that "if you look at the picture Raven is in, ALL of the other characters are playable." I agree w/ your opinion that this probably makes her more likely to be playable. Also, her moves are likely very similar to some of the more magically inclined MK9 characters...MK9 had a lot of them (Quan Chi, Noob, Ermac) and did that very well; I don't see them shying away from the opportunity to add a similar playing character here.

Re. Alt Skins: I've been checking out the Red Son story in preparation for the game. It's a pretty cool story. If you haven't seen it check out this youtube motion comic: link

Anyone have any wish list as far as alternate character skins?

My wishlist:
classic costumes for all
new 52 for at least Green Lantern, Aquaman, and catwoman
bizzaro superman alt for superman
supergirl alt for power girl
john stewart alt for hal jordan

^ Re. Raven: You made an observation that "if you look at the picture Raven is in, ALL of the other characters are playable." I agree w/ your opinion that this probably makes her more likely to be playable. Also, her moves are likely very similar to some of the more magically inclined MK9 characters...MK9 had a lot of them (Quan Chi, Noob, Ermac) and did that very well; I don't see them shying away from the opportunity to add a similar playing character here.

Re. Alt Skins: I've been checking out the Red Son story in preparation for the game. It's a pretty cool story. If you haven't seen it check out this youtube motion comic: link

Anyone have any wish list as far as alternate character skins?

My wishlist:
classic costumes for all
new 52 for at least Green Lantern, Aquaman, and catwoman
bizzaro superman alt for superman
supergirl alt for power girl
john stewart alt for hal jordan

yeah, I've been reading up on Noob Saibot's and Ermac's movesets, and a lot of that reminds me of what Raven could do. so, I could really see her being a combo of Noob and Ermac. the template for her character already exists.

as for costumes and alt skins, I'd be fine with what you listed.

for Raven in particular, they should have her "white robe" costume. if she does have the pale/gray skin as her normal look, they could include a normal skin tone alt as well as an "evil red" skin one ( with the 4 demon eyes ).

also, her new 52 costume has a rather elaborate, bird-armor look to it, so perhaps that could include that in Injustice or something similar. NRS does like the armored look, after all.......lol

xtxp7h.jpg

I'm really now starting to worry about Black Canary's chances. Especially if the roster is indeed 24 characters. She would be perfect for a game like this and has plenty of moveset potential. They seem to be basing some of the character's playstyles off ones in MK. Canary could easily be the Sindel of the game.

If there happens to be more characters and someone like Robin gets in and not her, I will flip out.

After examing the scans from OXM, im guessing that so far Batman's team consists of Cyborg, Nighwing, and Raven. But thats not all in the playstation magazine it said that Green Arrow and Green Lantern were fighting each other. So they will be on opposing sides.

Also, in the section about the super moves, it states that Bane breaks his opponen's back over his knee. Although that was a given, its nice to see some confirmation.

bane-batman-backbreaker.jpg

So im guessing that the mystery person behind Bane got his back broken.
2797095-0107131630_zps07e7cc85.jpg

yeah, I'm not sure about Canary's chances, now.

Boon did say there will be more females revealed. and he used the plural, so it's going to be more than one.

now we have Raven hinted at. let's say she's playable. that's another hero female.

we also know Boon's been talking about Powergirl. she may end being DLC, but let's say she's also on the main roster.

so that would mean we'd have WW, Raven, and Powergirl on the good side. Harley is bad. and Catwoman is neutral-good.

if there were to be anymore females, we'd probably get another villain to even things out.

even if Power Girl were DLC, after Raven, we'd probably get another villain. so you'd have 2 good, 2 bad, 1 neutral.

and remember, Zatanna may or may not have been hinted at, too.

and didn't Boon recently tweet "The question is, Canary, Lightning, or Adam?"

at face value, that would suggest that only one Black-named character would be in, and Boon's already given a strong hint towards Adam.

unless Boon was trolling with that answer as well.......lol

After examing the scans from OXM, im guessing that so far Batman's team consists of Cyborg, Nighwing, and Raven. But thats not all in the playstation magazine it said that Green Arrow and Green Lantern were fighting each other. So they will be on opposing sides.

Also, in the section about the super moves, it states that Bane breaks his opponen's back over his knee. Although that was a given, its nice to see some confirmation.

bane-batman-backbreaker.jpg

So im guessing that the mystery person behind Bane got his back broken.
2797095-0107131630_zps07e7cc85.jpg

Very glad it's confirmed now,Can't wait to play as Bane even more now

It is said in the article that Joker is much like the Arkham Asylum version, but lacks giggly, insane charm, substituting it for more conventional menace. Bane is described with an Columbian accent. Cyborg's first line in the story mode is "I'm Cyborg, folks, hello!" Suggesting that this is just the beginning of the stroy mode. Catwoman is seen facing off with Nightwing, but Nightwing is the mystery character behind Bane. Lastly, Bane is seen walking towards Batman.

So far there is no mention of Shazam. They didnt state if they saw him in a cut scene like Raven, it just says "Billy Batson's a teenage boy with the power to transform into a muscled superhero" Thats about all the article talks about, besides what the game is and how it works.

character reviews aside.

what are sites and mags saying about this game so far (previews)

are they mostly positive or negative?

character reviews aside.

well, according to a tweet from Boon, Injustice is getting RAVE reviews. with the word RAVE emphasized......which may or may not be a hint itself..........:cwink:

edit: guess I misspoke. Boon was referring to the comic, not the game.......

so, someone on Gamefaqs posted this, speculating what the final roster could be, assuming we have exactly 24 spots, not counting DLC.

Heroes:
Confirmed:
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
The Flash
Green Lantern
Green Arrow
Nightwing
Cyborg
Very likely to be confirmed:
Aquaman
Shazam
Raven
Martian Manhunter

Villains:
Confirmed:
Harley Quinn
Solomon Grundy
The Joker
Catwoman
Lex Luthor
Bane
Deathstroke
Very likely to be confirmed:
Sinestro
Doomsday
Black Adam
Ares
Captain Cold

Could this very well be the final roster, with characters like Powergirl and Lobo saved for DLC?

character reviews aside.

Most of the previews by websites and magazines are pretty positive. Not only is the game getting positive review but so is the prequel comic.

Something tells me there may be a bit more. As Boon did say that there were more females(plural) on the way.

There was a rumor that it would be 28 characters. So 14 heroes and 14 villians

Supes Team:
Superman
Wonder Woman
Flash
Green Arrow
Aquaman
Zatanna
Martian Manhunter

Bats Team:
Batman
Nightwing
Cyborg
Shazam
Raven
Black Canary
Green Arrow

Injustice League
Lex
Joker
Cheetah
Bane
Ares
Catwoman
Sinestro
Star Sapphire
Captain Cold
Black Adam
Harley Quinn
Deathstroke
Solomon Grundy
Doomsday

DLC:
Lobo
Powergirl
Hawkgirl
Darkseid
Poison Ivy
Red Hood

^^ I'd be very happy with that roster.

the only 2 who I don't know are Cheetah and Star Sapphire. I'm assuming they are both female villains?

I don't think Star Sapphire will be in this game since Hal and possibly Sinestro are in, I would love for her to make cameo appearance in the story though.

Yup, from the Wonder Woman and Green Lantern mythos, respectively.

thanks.

I don't think Star Sapphire will be in this game since Hal and possibly Sinestro are in, I would love for her to make cameo appearance in the story though.

hmmm.....yeah.......and Aquaman needs an archnemesis, so perhaps Black Manta?

how about Green Arrow?? does he have an archnemesis?

I'm going to assume that both Green Arrow & Aquaman will be on Batman's side. One of the covers for the comic had Superman, Wonder Woman & Green Lantern diving into the ocean, like they're about to attack something. If those three are attacking Atlantis, I'm sure Aquaman will side with Bats.

& apparently GL & Arrow were seen fighting each other, so Arrow has to be on Batman's side.

That roster is perfect but i think maybe Circe would make it instead of Cheetah or Sapphire. I think Raven and Zatanna would swap because Zatanna and Bruce are childhood friends and Raven would feel the pain of Superman because he lost his child and Lois Lane. It would be cool to see Nightwings reaction to her not being on his team.

Just realised you did Green Arrow in both Supes and Bats sides. You meant Green Lnatern in Supes side though didnt you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"