Interesting story I found regarding casting.

i like the guy and all but isnt he too damn old?

a 52years old Bruce Banner?
Is this sequel setted into a 20-years-after dimension??
God, please, no....

i have to say, that would be the most stupid casting ever...

Age isn't that big of a deal. Bill Bixby was a far more compelling Banner than Eric Bana could ever hope to be.

Age isn't that big of a deal. Bill Bixby was a far more compelling Banner than Eric Bana could ever hope to be.

yeah, but Bixby was 44... not 52 when he started makin' David Banner. And then he don't came after Bana, or a younger Banner, anyway. This is a sequel, don't forget it. It means that this movie comes after "Hulk"... and how they think to place it in time continuous? Age difference is evident!

Well age issues aside, the casting choice just plain sucks.

Here is the full article which has been updated at the bottom:

Peter Gallagher to be in the New Incredible Hulk Film!?
Written by Robert Sanchez
Thursday, 22 February 2007

So can the OC star be the next Dr. Bruce Banner in the Marvel retelling of the Incredible Hulk? Or a villain or supporting character?

I have to admit that I was not the biggest fan of Ang Lee’s Hulk, ok, I really didn't like it. I thought he tried a bit too hard to make it like a comic book projected onto the big screen. That and the fact that the villain sucked horribly bad, the soundtrack was god awful and the story was lame. Let’s face it, it was just a complete disaster. But, it did make money.

I am sure everyone has heard by now that Marvel is spending tons of dough on a second chance bringing the jolly green radiated monster to theaters. So who will be replacing Eric Bana as Dr. Bruce Banner?

This morning I received a very interesting email from one of our readers. Before you read the following, I want to be very clear on this, I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO CONFIRM ANY OF THIS! Okay, here it is:

Thought you might be interested. My fiancee works at the CW network in **********. We just watched that last episode of THE OC on screener. Not bad. If you want spoilers, email me. Anyway, thought you'd be interested to know that Peter Gallagher has been up [he may have it by now? or not] for a role in the "Hulk" sequel. His scenes on the final episode had to be shifted around, because of some kind of test on the movie. Anyway, could be old news....

“D”

So exactly what kind of role would require testing 6 weeks prior to shooting? Hmm, too early to tell but let’s look at what we do know.

1) Zak Penn is writing the script

2) This movie is not a total reboot of the franchise

3) There will be two villains in the new film, The Abomination and Thunderbolt Ross

4) The new Hulk will be a mixture of CGI and prosthetics

5) It has a budget of over 100 million dollars

6) It is said that this movie will be loyal to the comics

So are we any closer to finding out who Peter (if this story is true) might be playing? Eric Bana is 13 years younger than Mr. Gallagher and I am not too sure that Marvel would want an older actor to portray Banner, but who knows.

But if the story is true it would indicate that Peter is doing some costume tests or CGI tests which could mean that he could be up for the role of the Hulk or maybe of Russian Emil Blonsky who becomes The Abomination.

Even if the scoop is true, it doesn't mean that he actually got the part, he may have just been in the running. But, if he did get signed, I really don't think it would be for Banner. His age is a big factor here. I see him as more of a villain or supporting character. We shall see!

Hmm, interesting…but way too much speculating from my part.

Stay tuned as we check with Marvel and the Studio for comments later today.

UPDATE #1: Talked to Gallagher's agent's office over at CAA. I was informed that I, "need to speak to Peter's publicist." When asked if they could even comment about it at all, or give a "no comment" response, they refused and said simply, "You need to talk with his publicist." So we are following up with his publicist and are waiting for a call back, check back for further updates!

Update #2: Gallagher's publicist just gave us a call with another quick update, so what did she have to say? That the story is not accurate. He has not yet read for a role and as far as she knows no casting has been done for the film.

link: http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1948&Itemid=99

Update #2: Gallagher's publicist just gave us a call with another quick update, so what did she have to say? That the story is not accurate. He has not yet read for a role and as far as she knows no casting has been done for the film.
Well that's a relief.

Oh just about to post that. Yep he IS just too old for Banner. I wouldn't care if he played a small role in the film but not any of the leads.

Who are the mods here in the Hulk forum? I think this thread should be merged with the Adrien Brody thread and it should be changed to Hulk Movie Rumors, or merged into the incredible casting thread.

Oh just about to post that. Yep he IS just too old for Banner. I wouldn't care if he played a small role in the film but not any of the leads.

Who are the mods here in the Hulk forum? I think this thread should be merged with the Adrien Brody thread and it should be changed to Hulk Movie Rumors, or merged into the incredible casting thread.

try HR or DL, they are always around

agree

He has not yet read for a role and as far as she knows no casting has been done for the film.

No casting has been done? This is the first thing to make me go ARGHHHH! :cmad:

Ok so right now we are pretty much down to the line. Does not filming have to start in a matter of a couple months and therefore casting a top priority given actors do have schedules they need to clear up for fiming.

Ok so right now we are pretty much down to the line. Does not filming have to start in a matter of a couple months and therefore casting a top priority given actors do have schedules they need to clear up for fiming.

they start filming in June, so they have around 4 months, but yeah, i would thought we'd atleast have Banner cast by now.

Peter Gallagher? Imma have to say nay on that one.

They're saying Matthew Modine now... I like him, but he's a bit old...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"