Comics Interesting way for Storm or Iceman to fight

Storm could only do so with wind. Iceman could do the ice stunts but has no control over water.

danielisthor said:
Storm could only do so with wind. Iceman could do the ice stunts but has no control over water.

not true. iceman has the potential to do it as he's used water before. when he was possessed by emma frost's psyche, she entered a river and integrated with the stream, ending up miles away in a matter of minutes and reforming. more recently in a fight with the collective man, iceman was knocked into a lake and managed to add all of the water onto his body, freezing it and increasing his mass to a giagantic size.

writers constantly downplay how truly powerful iceman is. he has omega level potential but he simply hasn't cracked into it yet.

danielisthor said:

Actually, Storm and Iceman can do everything you just saw, if they put there minds to it.

Both have shown control over water.:)

Storm showed she can change water currents once before in an issue of X-Men Unlimited. However, directing water or ice like shown in that video and using ice to form various shapes like that is more Hydroman's (in the case of water) or Iceman's (ice, shown some water control too) specialty. And in this case Iceman would own Storm. Storm can't do everything Iceman can.

danielisthor said:

Great clip!!! It seems like animation artists are getting more creative with water-manipulating characters. I thought they were pretty creative with introducing Mr. Freeze on the recent Batman series.

If you remember the last big story arc with Nightcrawler and his father Azael (or whatever), Iceman was decapitated for 98% of that story, and remained just a talking head most of the time. By the end, the X-Men were attacked by one of Azael's guards, and Iceman killed her by draining every molecule of water out of her body, so that he could make a new body for himself.... Anyone remember that?

Intheknow101 said:
Storm showed she can change water currents once before in an issue of X-Men Unlimited. However, directing water or ice like shown in that video and using ice to form various shapes like that is more Hydroman's (in the case of water) or Iceman's (ice, shown some water control too) specialty. And in this case Iceman would own Storm. Storm can't do everything Iceman can.

Which one was it in unlimited x-men,i need 2 know!!!

Intheknow101 said:

I agree. If both of them were in a watery environment like in that video, there is no way Storm would come out alive. Forget about what their personalities, or fears, or conceiveable potentials are currently like. If it was a survival of the fittest death match, lightning bolts or not, the power of water and Ice is far greater... Storm fans may not like that, but whatever... Consider the environment they're in.

Intheknow101 said:
Storm showed she can change water currents once before in an issue of X-Men Unlimited.

Actually that would be X-Men Unlimited 6, X-Men Unlimited 39 and somewhat in Xtreme X-Men 46(IIRC).

Intheknow101 said:
However, directing water or ice like shown in that video and using ice to form various shapes like that is more Hydroman's (in the case of water)

I’m guessing you haven’t read Uncanny X-Men 95, 116 and 156 where Storm summons a large amount of water to forcefully remove her foes. Also Storm control clouds which are made of small droplets of water or bits of ice that are spread out from each other, with this ability she has create humanoid shapes (UXM 472)

Intheknow101 said:
or Iceman's (ice, shown some water control too) specialty.

Storm and Iceman both control water and temperature mentally. Storm ability to create ice was strong enough to hold Colossus (at the time, a Class 80 tons character, UXMA 6).

Intheknow101 said:
And in this case Iceman would own Storm. Storm can't do everything Iceman can.

Actually it the other way around, Storm can do just about everything Bobby can do with water and temperature, along controlling the weather and summon solar flares.

While making pretty ice sculptures and transform into water is a nice trick, what can Bobby do that Ororo can't do on an even greater scale?

Let’s see, Storm can stimulate the creation of any form of precipitation (rain, snow, sleet, hail, fog) and even sense the composition of rainwater (Storm 2). Her manipulation of water has ranged from controlling ocean currents (XMU 39) to using raindrops as a lens to filtering out certain forms of solar energy (XMHY 6). She can even manipulate the surface tension of water enough that she can actually surf on it (XXM 46). Storm also has shown the ability to sense the movement of object while in the darkness of ocean water (XMU 39).

ProfeZZor X said:
I agree. If both of them were in a watery environment like in that video, there is no way Storm would come out alive. Forget about what their personalities, or fears, or conceiveable potentials are currently like. If it was a survival of the fittest death match, lightning bolts or not, the power of water and Ice is far greater... Storm fans may not like that, but whatever... Consider the environment they're in.

You might want to read a little more on Storm if you think she doesn't have a chance of surviving in this enviroment.

it would be cool to see Iceman do that.

Yeah it would. How come i've never seen this cartoon before? I've been missing out.

Neptune said:
Yeah it would. How come i've never seen this cartoon before? I've been missing out.

Hold on, you've never seen Avatar: The Last Airbender.:eek:

Lord, what have we been teaching our children.:)

Anyway you can watch all of the episodes on YouTube if you like.

HandOfFate said:
Actually that would be X-Men Unlimited 6, X-Men Unlimited 39 and somewhat in Xtreme X-Men 46(IIRC).

I’m guessing you haven’t read Uncanny X-Men 95, 116 and 156 where Storm summons a large amount of water to forcefully remove her foes. Also Storm control clouds which are made of small droplets of water or bits of ice that are spread out from each other, with this ability she has create humanoid shapes (UXM 472)

Storm and Iceman both control water and temperature mentally. Storm ability to create ice was strong enough to hold Colossus (at the time, a Class 80 tons character, UXMA 6).

Actually it the other way around, Storm can do just about everything Bobby can do with water and temperature, along controlling the weather and summon solar flares.

While making pretty ice sculptures and transform into water is a nice trick, what can Bobby do that Ororo can't do on an even greater scale?

Let’s see, Storm can stimulate the creation of any form of precipitation (rain, snow, sleet, hail, fog) and even sense the composition of rainwater (Storm 2). Her manipulation of water has ranged from controlling ocean currents (XMU 39) to using raindrops as a lens to filtering out certain forms of solar energy (XMHY 6). She can even manipulate the surface tension of water enough that she can actually surf on it (XXM 46). Storm also has shown the ability to sense the movement of object while in the darkness of ocean water (XMU 39).

You might want to read a little more on Storm if you think she doesn't have a chance of surviving in this enviroment.

Didn't it take her a lot of concentration and time to do those stunts? I remember she directed water currents to push her back to shore. That's a lot different from the actual control of water shown in this episode of Airbender.
Iceman does that stuff with ice with ease. Ice and cold ARE his element. Storm just doesn't have the finite control or raw power of ice/water that Hydroman or Iceman shows respectively. Actually Storm can do very few things Bobby can do. If you're saying that Storm can build ice bridges, survive with just a head, come back together after being blown up, absorb water to increase her strength, etc it's a bit of a stretch. Just because she can use cold like Iceman doesn't mean she can do everything he can. Just like how Emma Frost is a telepath, but she can't do everything Jean can. Or how Electro can do things with Electricity that Surge can't. etc etc.

And if Iceman drops the temperature low enough, Storm's body will compensate the other way and she'd suffer from a massive fever.

Iceman wins.

And this isn't directed at you Handoffate, but to some Storm fans in general. Why does Storm have to be a "goddess" and the best at everything? I've heard she's a better fighter than Wolverine, a better theif than Gambit, a better leader than Cyclops, more powerful than Jean, and yes even her ice powers are as good as Iceman's.

Intheknow101 said:
Didn't it take her a lot of concentration and time to do those stunts?
Nope. Once she puts her mind to it this all happened rather quickly.
Intheknow101 said:
I remember she directed water currents to push her back to shore. That's a lot different from the actual control of water shown in this episode of Airbender.
If she can mentally move ocean current to raise the X-Jet from the bottom of the ocean, then she can easily move puddles of water. (XMU 6)
Intheknow101 said:
Iceman does that stuff with ice with ease. Ice and cold ARE his element. Storm just doesn't have the finite control or raw power of ice/water that Hydroman or Iceman shows respectively.
Whoa...Storm has controlled water on a global scale that greatly surpasses Iceman and Hydroman's powers combined. While I agree Storm might not have Iceman or Hydroman's finite control over water, she could duplicate a lot of their feats. As I pointed out earlier, she can sense the composition of water and use it to filter out certain kinds of sunlight, that's something Bobby and Hydroman have never done to my knowledge.
Intheknow101 said:
Actually Storm can do very few things Bobby can do. If you're saying that Storm can build ice bridges,
Technically speaking there no reason she couldn't build an ice bridge. It's just holding water in a location then quickly freezing it
Intheknow101 said:
survive with just a head, come back together after being blown up, absorb water to increase her strength, etc it's a bit of a stretch.
I never said she could do that. That a great power feat for Iceman but it doesn't make him more powerful then Storm. Also I feel that your slightly splitting hairs here. Iceman ability to become ice and his ability to manipulate/project ice are two different things.
Intheknow101 said:
Just because she can use cold like Iceman doesn't mean she can do everything he can.
There is no logical reason Storm couldn't do everything Bobby has done with his projection of ice. AAMOF, unlike Bobby, Storm can actually move moisture in the air to increase her ice making ability.
Intheknow101 said:
Just like how Emma Frost is a telepath, but she can't do everything Jean can. Or how Electro can do things with Electricity that Surge can't. etc etc.
That's more skill level then power level. Also it seems that Bobby's control over water is limited too, seeing that he has never made it rain.
Intheknow101 said:
And if Iceman drops the temperature low enough, Storm's body will compensate the other way and she'd suffer from a massive fever.
You do realize that Storm can create heat. In an old issue of Uncanny during Inferno, Bobby drop the temperature blow zero while Storm kept the X-Men safe by raising the temperature to the point that they where sweating next to him.
Intheknow101 said:
Iceman wins.
I won't say who would win but I hope Bobby doesn't turn into water during the fight. If he does there a good chance that Storm could forcefully make him evaporate.:)
Intheknow101 said:
I've heard she's a better fighter than Wolverine,
Who told you that?
Intheknow101 said:
a better theif than Gambit,
Well, I know that not true..
Intheknow101 said:
a better leader than Cyclops,
IMO, that's up for debate, Cyke hasn't been that great of a leader in the past few years
Intheknow101 said:
more powerful than Jean,
To me this depends on which state of Jean where talking about. Non-Phoenix Jean is a 50/50 battle.
Intheknow101 said:
and yes even her ice powers are as good as Iceman's.
It depends on what you mean by ICE POWER. Storm could probably freeze a much larger area then Bobby but he could easily drop the temperature much quicker then she could.

Hooray for overpowered characters! Whoohoo!

Hooray for every thread ends up in a "Storm is the most powerfull" argument!!

Exploding Boy said:
Hooray for every thread ends up in a "Storm is the most powerfull" argument!!

I hear ya. Apparently she has surpassed Iceman and Hydroman in regards to water and ice manipulation. AND it's assumed she can do things she's never been shown to do just cause she's Storm. :rolleyes:

Can we just create a thread/or a board where all the Storm junkies can go in and declare her GOD? Just as long as I don't have to sit through another Storm > Character A-Z.

But that wouldnt be fun because they wouldnt get the stasfaction of ruining some poor persons thread by invading and causing a Storm takeover :(

Intheknow101 said:
I hear ya. Apparently she has surpassed Iceman and Hydroman in regards to water and ice manipulation. AND it's assumed she can do things she's never been shown to do just cause she's Storm. :rolleyes:

Can we just create a thread/or a board where all the Storm junkies can go in and declare her GOD? Just as long as I don't have to sit through another Storm > Character A-Z.

I've offically decided to not use the word "Storm" (after this onw time) in any of my future posts...Its sad, because I like the character...I just can't take the "debate" that always fallows.

As far as the actual topic of this thread goes, I think the power manipulation in the clip is cool, but when you think about the full abilities already shown by these two characters, it feels limiting. By that I mean I think they achieve greater use of their powers they way we see them use their powers normally.

Aptman said:
I've offically decided to not use the word "Storm" (after this onw time) in any of my future posts...Its sad, because I like the character...I just can't take the "debate" that always fallows.

As far as the actual topic of this thread goes, I think the power manipulation in the clip is cool, but when you think about the full abilities already shown by these two characters, it feels limiting. By that I mean I think they achieve greater use of their powers they way we see them use their powers normally.

That clip was cool. I have to watch this show more. I like your approach Aptman. From now on I'll try to avoid the use of "the name which shall not be spoken".:)

Moving ocean currents is a completely different thing than being able to control and manipulate water, especially to the degree that was shown in that clip. No way can Storm control water like Hydroman. And she does not have Iceman's degree of control over ice. Iceman forms intricately detailed ice sculptures based on instinctual whim. He forms ice walls and ice armors and ice weapons on the spot without any effort whatsoever. In fact, once he was able to create sculptures that moved and fought by flash freezing and unfreezing them!

Can Storm muster that level of control? If she can, then why hasn't she ever done it? Just because Storm freezes things doesn't mean she freezes things like Iceman.

What I have come to realize lately with this recent influx of Storm-Obsessed members is that arguing anything about her power level or her fighting ability or anything of the like is entirely useless and futile and that it's best to just let them live in their fantasy world and continue to get their rocks off every time they imagine Storm doing something ridiculous and unmerited.

BrianWilly said:
Moving ocean currents is a completely different thing than being able to control and manipulate water, especially to the degree that was shown in that clip. No way can Storm control water like Hydroman. And she does not have Iceman's degree of control over ice. Iceman forms intricately detailed ice sculptures based on instinctual whim. He forms ice walls and ice armors and ice weapons on the spot without any effort whatsoever. In fact, once he was able to create sculptures that moved and fought by flash freezing and unfreezing them!

Can Storm muster that level of control? If she can, then why hasn't she ever done it? Just because Storm freezes things doesn't mean she freezes things like Iceman.

Thank you for summing up what I've been trying to say so succintly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"