Comics Interesting way for Storm or Iceman to fight

sebita said:
Getting back on the subject...

Does Iceman actually freeze stuff or does he merely envelops them in ice? I know Ororo does freeze things with her powers, we've seen it more than once. But Bobby... I've always got the impression he merely warps things up in ice.

He can incase or freeze something down to it's very core.:)

Thanks again 4 those scans earlier today Handoffate.:) And I finally have 1,000 posts!!! Woohoooooooooo!!!!!!

Yeah. I might get one next week. Those things come in handy...if only I knew how to use it. And how much do they cost handoffate?

javon said:
Yeah. I might get one next week. Those things come in handy...if only I knew how to use it. And how much do they cost handoffate?

I got combo fax/printer/scanner/copier form Wal-Mart for $80.00.:)

<Forgets about getting a scanner> Is their any cheaper ones? If not, then i might get it anyway becuase i really want one.

HandOfFate said:
I got combo fax/printer/scanner/copier form Wal-Mart for $80.00.:)

That's exaclty what I'm gonna buy next week... it's called a "Multifunction" or something like that... weird that the price here in Argentina is exactly the same ...

HandOfFate said:
He can incase or freeze something down to it's very core.:)

Thermal vision (like infra-red)
Freeze water molecules
Extract water from beings
Animate ice

And the list goes on......

His powers are cool. So is another females.....

^*Cries* I've missed EVERY episode from the 3rd season so far. How many has their been so far Please tell me less than 5...

5 or 6 in the US and 9 in the UK.

All of them are good, but most of them are sleeper episodes with only a little action. The story is still focused around them, but since they're maturing (in a sense), the drama seems to be better this time around. So far, I've seen 9 of the 10 episodes.... All worth seeing.

PS - Iceman has grown considerably over the past year. So I would have to put my money on him, especially when Sinister and Mystique thought he could ruin their plans, and neutralized his powers temporarily.

All of them are good, but most of them are sleeper episodes with only a little action. The story is still focused around them, but since they're maturing (in a sense), the drama seems to be better this time around. So far, I've seen 9 of the 10 episodes.... All worth seeing.

PS - Iceman has grown considerably over the past year. So I would have to put my money on him, especially when Sinister and Mystique thought he could ruin their plans, and neutralized his powers temporarily.
I need the goods :cmad:

This is a great thread! I love the citing of issues and the scientific and logical analysis of powers. Some great knowledge and argument in here. I've had my Storm-obsessive moments too. Too bad that the movies only touched on the abilities of both Storm and Iceman. Only a TV series could really feature all the various intricate uses of powers.

Regarding the story where Storm glides on solar wind and creates a hurricane to blast a Sentinel...

That always troubled me. But it's plausible. Firstly, there is such thing as 'space weather' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_weather). Energy and matter move around within all environments, whether or not they have an atmosphere. The earth's own weather is created by the exchange of energy - it arrives from the sun (heat + particles that cause electrical charge), builds up into extreme weather events like storms and transfers itself to the earth, with earth and air creating a giant circuit.

When Storm dispersed a blizzard (in the story where they first fought Alpha Flight and Shaman's mystically-created weather system went out of control), she drew stored electrical energy from the earth to neutralise the energy of the blizzard. The story said she was 'forced' to tap into the earth's energy...but later the writers seemed to imply that she regularly drew on the energy of the earth. Electromagnetic energy is created by the earth's core rotating (thus creating the planet's EM field) and also by pressure acting on any rocks containing quartz crystals (such as granite). That's called piezoelectricity and is also seen in those devices used to light gas stoves - you press a button and it creates an electrical spark by pushing on a piece of crystal.

Anyway, back to that solar wind. The solar wind is a plasma - a superheated gas that has become electrically charged. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_wind It consists mainly of ionised (charged) hydrogen, with some helium and other substances including oxygen and nitrogen. The earth's atmosphere consists of nitrogen, oxygen and other gases in a mixture called 'air'.

It's quite conceivable that Storm would be aware of the solar wind, because she is aware of gases and also of electricity, and the solar wind is both - an electrically-charged (ionised) gas. It's also conceivable that she could instinctively create a controlled disturbance in the solar wind that would allow her to carry herself as if flying on atmospheric wind. It's also conceivable that she could manipulate the gases in the wind so they were similar in composition and behaviour to normal earth 'air' and then turn that air into a gale-force wind.

I don't mind Storm - or Iceman - having weaknesses that make them human and make them have to work hard in any confrontation to defeat the odds. That's what makes characters interesting, much like Superman's kryptonite.

I'd love to see more X-movies so we could see more creative uses of Storm and Iceman's abilities. Subtle and constructive uses, creative ones as well as destructive.

FF 548. If Ororo wants to she can turn Bobby into vapor with just a flick of her hand :D Goddess thank Dwayne McDuffie :D

This is a great thread! I love the citing of issues and the scientific and logical analysis of powers. Some great knowledge and argument in here. I've had my Storm-obsessive moments too. Too bad that the movies only touched on the abilities of both Storm and Iceman. Only a TV series could really feature all the various intricate uses of powers.

Regarding the story where Storm glides on solar wind and creates a hurricane to blast a Sentinel...

That always troubled me. But it's plausible. Firstly, there is such thing as 'space weather' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_weather). Energy and matter move around within all environments, whether or not they have an atmosphere. The earth's own weather is created by the exchange of energy - it arrives from the sun (heat + particles that cause electrical charge), builds up into extreme weather events like storms and transfers itself to the earth, with earth and air creating a giant circuit.

When Storm dispersed a blizzard (in the story where they first fought Alpha Flight and Shaman's mystically-created weather system went out of control), she drew stored electrical energy from the earth to neutralise the energy of the blizzard. The story said she was 'forced' to tap into the earth's energy...but later the writers seemed to imply that she regularly drew on the energy of the earth. Electromagnetic energy is created by the earth's core rotating (thus creating the planet's EM field) and also by pressure acting on any rocks containing quartz crystals (such as granite). That's called piezoelectricity and is also seen in those devices used to light gas stoves - you press a button and it creates an electrical spark by pushing on a piece of crystal.

Anyway, back to that solar wind. The solar wind is a plasma - a superheated gas that has become electrically charged. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_wind It consists mainly of ionised (charged) hydrogen, with some helium and other substances including oxygen and nitrogen. The earth's atmosphere consists of nitrogen, oxygen and other gases in a mixture called 'air'.

It's quite conceivable that Storm would be aware of the solar wind, because she is aware of gases and also of electricity, and the solar wind is both - an electrically-charged (ionised) gas. It's also conceivable that she could instinctively create a controlled disturbance in the solar wind that would allow her to carry herself as if flying on atmospheric wind. It's also conceivable that she could manipulate the gases in the wind so they were similar in composition and behaviour to normal earth 'air' and then turn that air into a gale-force wind.

I don't mind Storm - or Iceman - having weaknesses that make them human and make them have to work hard in any confrontation to defeat the odds. That's what makes characters interesting, much like Superman's kryptonite.

I'd love to see more X-movies so we could see more creative uses of Storm and Iceman's abilities. Subtle and constructive uses, creative ones as well as destructive.

Nice.:woot:

Someone in Marvel boards insisted that her producing solar winds is bad writing. It is not, since solar winds are made up of plasma emitted from the atmosphere of the sun. Pretty much the words 'plasma' and 'atmosphere' already gave it away.

And besides, I love playing Storm & Bobby in MUA, Storm being a great crowd controller and Iceman having powerful attacks. Off topic, though.:D

Someone in Marvel boards insisted that her producing solar winds is bad writing. It is not, since solar winds are made up of plasma emitted from the atmosphere of the sun. Pretty much the words 'plasma' and 'atmosphere' already gave it away.

Yeah, I've had this conversation with another poster named ExodusCloak. For some reason, he/she dislike the fact that Storm can control solar winds, even though the original story, TPB and pretty much every reprint of the comic (with the exception of Classic X-Men) disagree with him/her.

And besides, I love playing Storm & Bobby in MUA, Storm being a great crowd controller and Iceman having powerful attacks. Off topic, though.:D
No your not, I need the info on this anyway. Go to the products section in the MUA thread and tell me more :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"