Comics Interesting way for Storm or Iceman to fight

But most people do "hate" on the fact that some Storm fans say she is Omega. I mean, come on. Everyone knows that she's omega. Do they even write any new x-men issues? I'm not talking about x-force or anything. Like issues dealing with storm and some of the other x-men?

javon said:
But most people do "hate" on the fact that some Storm fans say she is Omega. I mean, come on. Everyone knows that she's omega. Do they even write any new x-men issues? I'm not talking about x-force or anything. Like issues dealing with storm and some of the other x-men?

But why do Storm fans insist that she is Omega class, when in fact, she is still bound by her mortality (having basic human needs. i.e. oxogen, food, water, etc.).

And I'm not trying to be a smart ass or bring up any Iceman references in this genuinely honest question either. It's like when people compare her to Phoenix. Phoenix is a great cosmic force... So how can anyone in their sane mind think that Storm could even come close to beating her, let alone compare power levels?

Storm is not an Omega Mutant. Do we even know what level she falls in?

Personally, I hope she is not where near Omega level--as of yet. Heheh.

I guess this is turning out to be another Storm discussion threads huh?

toya thegr8 said:
Storm is not an Omega Mutant. Do we even know what level she falls in?

Personally, I hope she is not where near Omega level--as of yet. Heheh.

I guess this is turning out to be another Storm discussion threads huh?

It was, after I defended Iceman's abilities for a while. After a while, you just have to sit back and listen to the silly comments being made here... But it's all in good fun. :)

ProfeZZor X said:
But why do Storm fans insist that she is Omega class, when in fact, she is still bound by her mortality (having basic human needs. i.e. oxogen, food, water, etc.).

For me, it comes from the fact that Storm has twice shown the ability to evolved pass her normal powers set. (Uncanny X-Men 147, 151 and somewhat X-Men 98) With the exception of Jean and some mutant reality manipulators, Storm’s mutant abilities has gone way pass any other mutant on the planet (See Uncanny 165)

IMHO, you can't summon the energy of millions of stars and planet without being a Omega Mutant, it just doesn't make sense.

HandOfFate said:
For me, it comes from the fact that Storm has twice shown the ability to evolved pass her normal powers set. (Uncanny X-Men 147, 151 and somewhat X-Men 98) With the exception of Jean and some mutant reality manipulators, Storm’s mutant abilities has gone way pass any other mutant on the planet (See Uncanny 165)

IMHO, you can't summon the energy of millions of stars and planet without being a Omega Mutant, it just doesn't make sense.

Lol yeah but as a Storm fan the fact that she is not an Omega and is able to do such things is good.

Imagine how much more she can do has an Omega. I'm selfish I don't want her powers to stop evolving; its the fangirl in me :D

toya thegr8 said:
Lol yeah but as a Storm fan the fact that she is not an Omega and is able to do such things is good.

Imagine how much more she can do has an Omega. I'm selfish I don't want her powers to stop evolving; its the fangirl in me :D

I can see your point.:)

toya thegr8 said:

Me niether. It's like when she caused cosmic turbulence around THE ENITRE WORLD people just sat back and said "oh,wow" like anyone could do that and it wasn't much or something. And the in Uncanny X-men #147 when she went evil on Doom, she didn't even do anything. To me, I don't think the writers respect her in her power enough to stop trying all of that "oh no! I might kill him" crap that she did when she was a little girl. Well she's all grown now. And I still (in the comics) don't see why they didn't list her as Omega but listed Iceman as one. The immature, playful brat who didn't even explore his powers much. And yes, all you iceman fans can come and curse me out because i know for a fact it isn't worse than what others say about storm.

Again, Omega mutant means you've got the potential, it doesn't necessarily mean you realize that potential anytime soon (as in the case of Iceman).

Well I know Strom has the potential. She is already intune with the weather and the weather "knows" her so i doubt that, if she had the potential, it would be hard for her to unleash her fury.

One must not forget Uncanny 369 when recounting Ororo's Omeganess. There is also the fact that she can virtually control any form of weather on any given location. She has controlled the weather of different worlds, of different dimensions, and even the Cosmic Storm (Uncanny 99, 165). If she were to spend a little more time in space she could certainly control space weather and have no need for oxygen and such. She just hasn't spend a lot of time in space.

What did she do in thoses issues Sebita? Uncanny 369, 99, and 165?

It's been said on this selfsame thread a million times already. Go back and look it or enter unncannyxmen.net, it won't kill you.

Remind me not to ask you anything again. It was a simple question that didn't call for a attitude. Now i just had the nerve top cure you out because i'm already pissed due the other thread so please, you don't need to do the attitude mess.

I shan't remind you anything. If your memory is bad then go to a doctor :p

sebita said:
If she were to spend a little more time in space she could certainly control space weather and have no need for oxygen and such. She just hasn't spend a lot of time in space.

Uh..........."Space weather"?.............. Trees make oxygen, not space debris........ There are no trees in outer space.

ProfeZZor X said:
Uh..........."Space weather"?.............. Trees make oxygen, not space debris........ There are no trees in outer space.

Charged particle solar wind, electromagnetic fields and fluxes, that kind of space weather.

Of course "Omega" is now basicly a marketing term to add instant cool to a character. It was slapped on Quinten Quire to give him instant badassitude and Mr. M. It's going to last probably as long as the "Alpha," "Beta," and "Gamma" designations from Age of Apocalypse.

Which means the argument is pretty much going to be circular forever. :)

synnerman said:
Of course "Omega" is now basicly a marketing term to add instant cool to a character. It was slapped on Quinten Quire to give him instant badassitude and Mr. M. It's going to last probably as long as the "Alpha," "Beta," and "Gamma" designations from Age of Apocalypse.

Which means the argument is pretty much going to be circular forever. :)

I said it before, it's like DBZ's super-saiyan classification. First there was one, then all of them were super-saiyan, so, of course, they came up with super-saiyan 2... and then 3, and then 4... it's the same with Omegas. First they were all alphas... then there were two omegas... now there are like ten omegas running around...

Yep, exactly. And how much do scanners cost?

And that has to do with Storm fighting Iceman or the Omega discussion because....????

My bad, that must have been in the other thread. And can you please stop with the attitudes like i meant to do that.

It is only by pointing you your mistakes that you will learn. We must press upon you the error of your ways so you can improve and become a better poster, young padawan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"