Internet grammar?

I have no problem with acronyms such as 'WTF', or 'LMAO', but it never ceases to annoy me when someone can't string a series of coherent words together, with proper punctuation, spelling, and grammar.

Step the **** away for the keyboard until you learn how to spell, you ****ing ******s.:up:

4.gif
Deep breaths.
And step away from the coffee .. :eek:

I swear I saw Taiwarriorz21 using double negatives.

Also, Leet should be banned, unless used to mock. :up:

I have no problem with acronyms such as 'WTF', or 'LMAO', but it never ceases to annoy me when someone can't string a series of coherent words together, with proper punctuation, spelling, and grammar.

Step the **** away for the keyboard until you learn how to spell, you ****ing ******s.:up:
I agree. But then, I'm borderline hypocritical. I don't care about sentence fragments, but run-on sentences annoy the hell out of me.
I can appreciate the common misuse of ellipses as pauses rather than omissions, but please use them in moderation.
I understand that not everyone knows how to spell every word in the English language, but I ask that we all make an effort.

Thats y sintinces like this bothr me so much, n y i always feel compeled 2 corect them, but thats probly y so many peeple h8 grammer nazis so much... so i tri 2 curb my enthusiasam 2 corect peeple so much...

Okay, I just gave myself a headache typing that. :csad:

I agree but then I'm borderline hypocritical I don't care about sentence fragments but run-on sentences annoy the hell out of me I can appreciate the common misuse of ellipses as pauses rather than omissions but please use them in moderation I understand that not everyone knows how to spell every word in the English language but I ask that we all make an effort.

Good points.

mwahaha, the prophecy has been fulfilled!!:cmad:

If you can't even take the time to spell correctly, then we have nothing to talk about. Firefox will even underline your misspelled words in red so you don't have to exert too much effort correcting them :o

I hear a high-pitched 12 year old voice in my head when people type in leet speak.

Firefox will even underline your misspelled words in red so you don't have to exert too much effort correcting them :o
And Google will correct words in your searches. It's an unbeatable combo. :up:

Nazis, who has time to do all that when they're trying to debate an issue?

Some slang is alright, but overall, proper grammar please!

Whale i wuz liening twoward da f1rst chowse, butte im gowing weth da th3rd 1 !1!!1

I do believe that it is every registered user's responsibility to adhere to the rules of the English language in their posts. Please use proper punctuation and capitilization. To reiterate, I shall provide one example of bad punctuation and capitilization, and one example of good punctuation and capitilization.

BAD: Billy Ed helped his uncle jack off a horse.

GOOD: Billy Ed helped his uncle, Jack, off a horse.

Your resident grammar teacher,

-Morzan

That 'bad' example could definitely lead to some confusion. :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back