Invasion.

CASHMERE

Sidekick
Reaction score
The New show on ABC. Anyone find this show really interesting? It has a "LOST" feeling to it like the mysterious incident and events. The trailers and promo's are just creepy.

I don't know too much about it, but the trailers for it have me saving a spot on the couch for the first few episodes at least. Looks pretty great!

hope it's better than NBC's Invasion ...

cuz i had high hopes for this one when the promos were running :(

Well it's Abc. Most of their drama shows have been good There's Desperate Housewives, LOST, and Grey's Anatomy. I have high hopes for this one.

CASHMERE said:
Well it's Abc. Most of their drama shows have been good There's Desperate Housewives, LOST, and Grey's Anatomy. I have high hopes for this one.

Don't you dare forget "Alias" :eek:

I don't know if it's because I didn't start watching it when it first came out but Alias has absolutely no appeal to me. But its a good drama and that's what really matters.

It's going to be an interesting fall;

ABC - "Invasion"...aliens off the coast of Florida
CBS - "Threshold"...aliens first appear to a ship's crew.
NBC - "Surface"...aliens (or are they just sea monsters) come up from the ocean's depths.

Gee....I notice a pattern here.

Invasion shows promise, I'd like to check it out. :ff:

Invasion premieres tonight.

Will ABC duplicate the success of Lost, or will this just be another low-grade knockoff of better SF concepts?

There had better be some monsters, that's all I have to say.

I hate the ad for it.

And does the "You smell different" part freak anyone else out?

Not a bad show. I'll try to keep up with it. :)

C. Lee said:

NBC - "Surface"...aliens (or are they just sea monsters) come up from the ocean's depths.

Threshold was pretty good too. Surface, I didn't see the first one and not to interested in anyway. :)

I though it was good, felt the same way about this debut as I did when I watched Lost, I'll watch next week. Plus Invasion has William Fichtner who I find very underrated!

Boring.
I might watch next week, if theres nothing else on.

I've watching the first 30 mins so far and its decent.....I might tune in next week or ill go back to my Law and Order fix:)

I saw the first half of the show at Comic Con as part of an ABC preview and I can tell that they edited the hell out of that storm.

Watched it.

Ehhh....pretty boring, to tell the truth. Kinda interesting though.

I'll give it a couple more episodes before I decide to keep watching or not.

LOST was kick-ass though! ;)

I had one major problem with the premier episode.....when the little girl was missing, with the hurricane starting....NO MOTHER (or father) would just leave the area without finding her...even if they were not friendly with the ex. As a parent (and a divorced one with a kid)....I can tell you that as much as we mutually disliked each other...we would BOTH be walking those woods looking for our missing kid. It's things like that that makes me have trouble with the series. If you want me to believe the plot that aliens are invading....you have to first get the normal everyday things right.

C. Lee said:
I had one major problem with the premier episode.....when the little girl was missing, with the hurricane starting....NO MOTHER (or father) would just leave the area without finding her...even if they were not friendly with the ex. As a parent (and a divorced one with a kid)....I can tell you that as much as we mutually disliked each other...we would BOTH be walking those woods looking for our missing kid. It's things like that that makes me have trouble with the series. If you want me to believe the plot that aliens are invading....you have to first get the normal everyday things right.

So true, and did you notice the guy who wanted beer told her father she was only gone 5 minutes, but when he finds her they looked like they were driving for for a while, she was a little girl how far could she of gotten ?

Not a bad show - I agree with The Incredible Hulk - it definitely has a "V" for today's generation feel to it........

C. Lee said:

loved it. the lead girl is so Ambiguous you don't know if she's evil or if she's not.

Threshold : boring

Surface : dull but better that Threshold...The little boy's story is interesting.

CASHMERE said:
The New show on ABC. Anyone find this show really interesting? It has a "LOST" feeling to it like the mysterious incident and events. The trailers and promo's are just creepy.

I liked it better back in the 60's when it was called THE INVADERS!!!

It was okay but it shows us too much too soon. I mean, just from the first episode we can deduce that the sheriff(and now his wife) are both aliens and that the lead guy's new wife is gonna give birth to a child who may or may not be an alien. Sigh. Too predictable. With Lost(which is a FAR better written and better acted show, even with just the pilot), we were very much still in the dark and were constantly guessing. I don't like how Invasion seems SO easy to figure out so quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"