Iron Man 2 Iron Man 2 now on DVD!

I get awesome discounts at Disney World. :up:

But I'll probably get it when I go home anyway.

how do you pull those off?

and i agree. as great as the film was, i would want to take any time away from the parks to watch it.

Quick question. I really want the Target exclusive Blu-ray case because it's a thousand times better than the standard Blu-ray cover.Should I be at Target when it opens in order to secure a copy? How long do you think it will take for these to sell out?

probably till friday but they will probably start thinning by then. no promises, but the hulk one and the star trek ones lasted that long (i think the special ed. were limited editions too)

Are they gonna be in stores? The site says its only available online...

I'm watching Iron Man on Blu-Ray for the first time and with my new TV I can finally appreciate what Blu-Ray offers. I'm really looking forward to getting Iron Man 2 next week.

I'm excited, but I wish that we could have gotten the 30 Minute extra DC.

yeah i remember that from the trailers. "you complete me" hahaha. I wish they kept it

I'm not sure if this has been posted but this is the alternated scene/ opening where pepper throws his helmets and he jumps out and catches it. I guess it's a deleted scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJBm1IyJ624
the whining/hangover scene didnt fit the opening (ivan's was better), but the complete me dive and helmet grab should have bin in the original release...

the whining/hangover scene didnt fit the opening (ivan's was better), but the complete me dive and helmet grab should have bin in the original release...

I think they could've had both the opening with Ivan and the hangover scene. They could've started out with Ivan, and then moved on to the bit with Stark puking in the toilet over the expo. I prefer this deleted scene to the way it played out in the movie, and added more of a realistic alcohol problem than the silly drunk fight with Stark and Rhodey later on.

the hangover one is alot better if they went a bit darker with the film

Only if they made the scene itself darker. It could've been a better opening if Stark was truly wallowing in sickness but it was played more comically. The Ivan one was much better, for a few reasons actually. Still pretty amusing though.

I understand why its not in, cause that gives you the feeling from off the bat that Tony/Pepper are maybe together. Something that they are building during the course of the film, especially when Pepper is more annoyed by Tony's drunken behavior, while in the opening she is just pushing him along.

To me this deleted opening is too comical.

And in a way there are some comedic elements to a drunk superhero. But that's not what I really wanted to see, I wanted to see really sad pathetic alcoholic Tony Stark.

I picked up the rental DVD last night. It has the commentary on it (which I'll watch soon) but that's it. The menu is kind of cool. It's just alot of Stark Expo-ish stuff with clips from the movie playing.

You know what...now that Blu-Ray are popular...I think it's time studios stopped with the DVD mentality and started using the large benefits of blu-ray.

What am I talking about? Deleted scenes!!

Let US, the viewer go to a menu and select which deleted scenes we want in the film and which we don't...then we can watch it how we want too...instead of shoving them all into a menu seperate from the film.

Yeah but then some deleted scenes aren't finished and completely done. And some are bad video quality.

really people thought the beginning was too comical?

I didnt laugh until the "you complete me" bit. It was actually kind of messed up when she talked about how he always looks like he has a hangover

comical doesn't necessarily mean funny. It was comical, but not funny at all. (i'm looking at you Batman and robin)

i didn't think it was done well either. i'm glad they got rid of it, especially if they wanted to approach the drinking angle more seriously. if they wanted to keep the scene, they should have shown him in the bathroom by himself without anyone seeing him. after he's done, he comes out, and pretends everything is fine. Pepper knows what really happening and tells tony to stop, but it is tony who insists that the show must gone on, not pepper. but i think this would have been too dark and depressing to start the movie with.

but i love the "how's my hair" and "you complete me" parts and think they should have started with 1:53.

Last edited:
You know what...now that Blu-Ray are popular...I think it's time studios stopped with the DVD mentality and started using the large benefits of blu-ray.

What am I talking about? Deleted scenes!!

Let US, the viewer go to a menu and select which deleted scenes we want in the film and which we don't...then we can watch it how we want too...instead of shoving them all into a menu seperate from the film.

i kinda have to disagree with you. because it is ultimately an art piece drawn by someone else's vision. it's like buying like the Mona Lisa, but included in the price is a paint brush and a color palette so that you could change it to how you think it should be.

i actually think we should be happy that we even get to see deleted scenes and alternative takes, because the are not part of the artpiece. but it cool to see what they were thinking.

my 2-cents. I think you have a legit point, i just don't necessarily agree with it.

I mean comical in that they were joking around about it and the scene isn't really dark but its sort of like playing up him being drunk and hungover as a joke rather than a serious lowpoint. The scene transitions into some jazzed up rock music to get you going and excited.

And again, I feel Favreau was scared to play moments like that more sincerely or thoughtfully because he didn't want it to be like LEAVING LAS VEGAS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"