Iron Man 2 Iron Man 2 Score

I think Cap will have a tone like that of the Indy series or SW OT (sorta like a '30s serial) so Williams will fit in with that. Though, I think The Avengers will need something like 'Duel of Fates' or 'Battle of the Heroes' so he fits there too.

like a more vocal score ^^ :) i would like to hear what williams would do if he scored those films, but hopefully he'll be doing HP7

I hope Favreau has enough clout to get Debney in this time -- Djawadi's score for IM was dreadful and completely generic. If Marvel insists on getting someone who's graduated from the Media Ventures/RC school of Zimmer-produced scores, then by all means get John freakin' Powell instead. The guy can do a lot more with electric guitar and synths than Djawadi's attempts -- he can by all means craft a metallic sound to the score without sacrificing any of the orchestral depth or memorable tunes.

But if Favreau gets his way this time, he should get Debney. There's no reason why he can't, Marvel should give him more leeway due to IM's huge success -- including the composer.

I want a remix of the 1996 cartoon's theme, post-haste.

I...AM.......
I....AM......
I....AM...IRON MAN.
I...AM...IRON MAN!

^^ Loved that theme.

anyway, I think they should bring back the theme from the first Iron Man film, but also bring new music in for the film. Still keep the theme, but bring in something else to, I guess.

Build upon the music from the first film. Set it with Stark's journey through this film, his psyche, what he's going through. Kinda like what SM2 did perfectly.

Build upon the music from the first film. Set it with Stark's journey through this film, his psyche, what he's going through. Kinda like what SM2 did perfectly.
Wasn't the main theme the first few seconds of "Fire Man"? They use it enough in the film. It's a short, memorable, and hummable tune. Could it have been better? Yes. But it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JysHr9w1JeM

Change composer.

His Iron man score was so....what do ya call it?....BORING. It was bland as hell, its like he was scoring a movie about paint drying.
They need someone who can give something a little more epic than that.

I agree with it not being memorable. Don't know if they should get rid of him but it does need to be improved upon for sure.

I hope they keep the movie theme from the first movie atleast. It's called "Driving with the Rooftop Down". I think it's the most memorable Marvel theme. (Superman, Burton Batman & Nolan Batman's theme called "Molossus" are the top 3 most memorable themes IMO)

^I didn't find a single bit of the score in either of Nolan's Batman films memorable, but that's me. William's Superman, Elfman's Batman, and Giaccino's Incredibles theme are the 3 best, IMO.

^I didn't find a single bit of the score in either of Nolan's Batman films memorable, but that's me. William's Superman, Elfman's Batman, and Giaccino's Incredibles theme are the 3 best, IMO.

Loved both of the scores in BB and TDK. I just liked they didn't go with the traditional theme songs.

Loved both of the scores in BB and TDK. I just liked they didn't go with the traditional theme songs.

Oh they were ok, don't get me wrong. But they were still forgettable, just like the Spider-Man, X-Men, FF, DD, & Hulk film scores all were. In fact the only other superhero score that I can remember other than the original Supes, Bats, & Incredibles scores is the score for Unbreakable.

Oh they were ok, don't get me wrong. But they were still forgettable, just like the Spider-Man, X-Men, FF, DD, & Hulk film scores all were. In fact the only other superhero score that I can remember other than the original Supes, Bats, & Incredibles scores is the score for Unbreakable.
And that's your problem, I remember all of them. :woot:

I can sorta remember Incredibles theme. I forgot about that movie.

I definitely hope they get a new composer. I liked the idea behind the IM score and the direction they chose to go, so I hope they don't change the "Iron Man Sound," but I hope they'll hire someone who can add a little more character to the score, because it was, imo, pretty bland. Serviceable, enjoyable, but nothing remotely special. My favorite current composer is James Newton Howard (and was looong before Batman Begins, for the record), but I don't think he'd be a good fit for this. I think the best replacements for this franchise would probably be John Powell or Marco Beltrami. Michael Giacchino could work, too, b/c he seems to have no problem adapting to various styles and thanks to his 5 seasons of work on Alias, he has plenty of experience with the "electronic" sound Djawadi used. I just hope they get someone who won't necessarily change the style, but build upon it and make it, as you guys have said, more memorable.

I definitely hope they get a new composer. I liked the idea behind the IM score and the direction they chose to go, so I hope they don't change the "Iron Man Sound," but I hope they'll hire someone who can add a little more character to the score, because it was, imo, pretty bland. Serviceable, enjoyable, but nothing remotely special. My favorite current composer is James Newton Howard (and was looong before Batman Begins, for the record), but I don't think he'd be a good fit for this. I think the best replacements for this franchise would probably be John Powell or Marco Beltrami. Michael Giacchino could work, too, b/c he seems to have no problem adapting to various styles and thanks to his 5 seasons of work on Alias, he has plenty of experience with the "electronic" sound Djawadi used. I just hope they get someone who won't necessarily change the style, but build upon it and make it, as you guys have said, more memorable.

Then Debney's definitely the guy.

Check out some of his music on youtube for LAIR, Cutthroat Island, Scorpion King, etc. I would definitely put my money on him getting the job if they change composer since he has worked with Favreau twice before, and most likely would have gotten the job if they producers didn't interfere..

Wow, ironically, I don't remember the Incredible score at all.

i think all of the CBM scores are pretty great. The Hulk 03 score isn't memorable but it's great. I love the opening with that horn sounds or Hulk like voice.

The SM films I find memorable. But I bet there could be more scores of it.

^Never trust IMDB. They had Debney down as the composer for the first film for a long, long time before we were officially informed that Djwadi was the guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"