Iron Man 2 Iron Man 2 Score

Wow. Haven't heard that from many people.

As for the first movie's score, aside from the Mark 2 track, a lot of it seemed like a missed opportunity to add that extra level of oomf that some of the scenes needed.

If Fiedel would come out of retirement he'd conjure up some awesome score.

Are you kidding? I've talked to tons of people who felt the same way.

Haven't seen the disdain for it you describe, but nbd.

I wasn't refering to disdain, but when I've talked to them about TF's score, they're like "Uh, do you mean that Linkin' Park song? Cause that's the only memorable music in that film". As far as regular score goes, TF didn't have anything special goin' on.

Wow. Haven't heard that from many people.

As for the first movie's score, aside from the Mark 2 track, a lot of it seemed like a missed opportunity to add that extra level of oomf that some of the scenes needed.

If Fiedel would come out of retirement he'd conjure up some awesome score.
Exactly!
I wasn't refering to disdain, but when I've talked to them about TF's score, they're like "Uh, do you mean that Linkin' Park song? Cause that's the only memorable music in that film". As far as regular score goes, TF didn't have anything special goin' on.
Oh come on, just the 30 seconds of music when the autobots first transform tramps everything in IM's OST.

Zimmer gave the new Batman his new theme. Jablonsky gave the TF their own. Both distinct and powerful. I cant remember anything from IM. He has no specific theme. The only good part was when he tested the Mk2 but it wasnt anything special really...

As for Linking Park, its easier for people to remember that hit song from that successful band than remember the movie's theme, but when you hear it, you know its TF. The same would have happened if Linking Park had a song in any movie's soundtrack.

Last edited:
Oh come on, just the 30 seconds of music when the autobots first transform tramps everything in IM's OST.

Not even close, I don't even remember there being music at that scene in TF.

Zimmer gave the new Batman his new theme. Jablonsky gave the TF their own. Both distinct and powerful. I cant remember anything from IM. He has no specific theme. The only good part was when he tested the Mk2 but it wasnt anything special really...

IMO, neither are distinct nor powerful. Zimmer's I can recall a bit more, but the TF score? Fuhgedaboudit!

As for Linking Park, its easier for people to remember that hit song from that successful band than remember the movie's theme, but when you hear it, you know its TF. The same would have happened if Linking Park had a song in any movie's soundtrack.

I'm not disputing that. However, I doubt most people listening to some of TF's theme w/o being told what it is would know it belonged to TF.

Subjective to each person, all depends on how many times you've watched the movie as well.

I'm not disputing that. However, I doubt most people listening to some of TF's theme w/o being told what it is would know it belonged to TF

I played the new soundtrack at work the other week, and my cousin who hadn't yet seen the movie asked if it was from the new Transformers movie. The Forest Battle to be specific.

Is it Star Wars grandiose? Of course not, but still memorable.

If we re talking about ROTF, its possible that the explosions made it too loud to even notice the music. I noticed the music the second time around. But anyway, when Prime is being transported by the helicopter (dead i mean), when Sam and Bee talk about Prime's death, when Prime is revived... all great music moments. I cant remember much of it, but i know that when i was watching that movie, it made sense and it affected my emotions to the point i went "damn that is some good music". You dont need to remember it, it just needs to be there and to be effective.
IM hardly had any music and when it did, it was generic.
IMO, neither are distinct nor powerful. Zimmer's I can recall a bit more, but the TF score? Fuhgedaboudit!
Its not about remembering it afterwards (though it would be nice if you could), its about working well with the film.

You do have a point though. Even though i prefer Zimmer's 21st century Batman theme to Elfman's, i still cant play it in my head with ease. The scores from B89 or Indiana Jones only take a second to start playing in my head. And i think this is down to the way scores are made these days. They are more complex and more difficult to remember. They work better during the movie, but not when you re trying to remember them afterwards or "sing" them when you re playing with your batman action figure.
IMHO, BB (and not TDK) had the best OST known to man. The music when Bruce is looking at his dad's stethoscope is amazing. And lets not forget Barbastella. Oh yeah, and the triumphant theme that was used when Batman leaped off GPD at the end of Begins and when he used the skyhook in TDK.

I'm not disputing that. However, I doubt most people listening to some of TF's theme w/o being told what it is would know it belonged to TF.
You re probably right, but i think its got to do with what i am discussing right above.

Last edited:
Subjective to each person, all depends on how many times you've watched the movie as well.
Good point.
I played the new soundtrack at work the other week, and my cousin who hadn't yet seen the movie asked if it was from the new Transformers movie. The Forest Battle to be specific.
The forest battle had some generic bad guy music at the start and at the end its that music that played when Prime "took them all on".....
Its playing in my head right now.....
Aaaaah.... Anybody got a cigarette?

Well I've only seen it once, and once was enough.

There no scientific way to find out really. This is all anecdotal stuff.

Transformers 1 had a better score than part 2.

I was refering to the first film. I can barely remember anything from the 2nd. My brain needed to protect itself so it blocked the whole experience out.

Let's not go there, Kedrell.

Transformers score was beautiful, IMHO. Especially the Autobot arrival. Outstanding.

I agree. The Transformers score is very good. I hope Iron Man gets the same score as the first Iron Man film.

I agree. The Transformers score is very good. I hope Iron Man gets the same score as the first Iron Man film.

unfortunately we wont, debney is re-writing everything - themes and all - from scratch. I like debney's music, but I would rather have debney.

I think it's all good news, his theme isn't nearly as triumphant as I'd like.

That's just me though.

I think it's all good news, his theme isn't nearly as triumphant as I'd like.

That's just me though.
I agree. It had a certain techy feel to it, which fit the character, but no triumphant tunes like those in the TDK and TF soundtracks and a superhero needs those most of all!

It can keep the synthesized feel, and still be triumphant.

Look at Fiedel's work on T2.

I agree. It had a certain techy feel to it, which fit the character, but no triumphant tunes like those in the TDK and TF soundtracks and a superhero needs those most of all!

Actually it did have that triumphant tune, but they played it only twice* for about 5-10 seconds each in the movie and once more all the way toward the end of the credits.

*Once when the helicopters come in to pick Tony up in the desert and once when Iron Man gets Iron Monger to freeze up and seemingly fall to his death.

Actually it did have that triumphant tune, but they played it only twice* for about 5-10 seconds each in the movie and once more all the way toward the end of the credits.

*Once when the helicopters come in to pick Tony up in the desert and once when Iron Man gets Iron Monger to freeze up and seemingly fall to his death.
Could you find the tune on youtube?

^I wish I could find it. I've looked high and low, but nada.

It's official: John Debney is scoring Iron Man 2.

SOURCE (Gorfaine-Schwartz is the company that represents Debney as well as Zimmer and Williams)

Ok, I liked Djwadi's score but I'm down with this. :up:

Debney hasn't had many massive films to score, but I like what I'm hearing after I've searched a few youtube vids.

Yes, the score being mediocre (def. not bad) in the first Iron Man was one of its only low points. OT, the tracks "Autobot Arrival", "Optimus" and a few others from the TF score are epic and beautiful, and I bet people could recognize the score just from the suspenseful and atmospheric begining of "Downtown Battle".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"