Iron Man 3 Iron Man 3 score - Ramin Djawadi vs John Debney

^Yep, it was Young who scored Spidey 3, not Debney.

Anyway, I didnt think the score for IM1 was amazing, though it did grow on me over time, but it was far better than the awful score in IM2. IM2's score didnt even have a them for Iron Man himself crying out loud!

Chris Young did part of the score, but he didn't have time to finish the movie. Debney wrote some additional music for scenes. He is credited here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Debney

Chris Young did part of the score, but he didn't have time to finish the movie. Debney wrote some additional music for scenes. He is credited here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Debney

Chris wrote an entire score. Sony just replaced 75% of his music, and lurie and debney wrote additional music (utilizing elfman's original themes, and not youngs).

Upon giving both recording sessions of the scores re-listens, I say please bring djawadi back. I think he really nailed what the sound of iron man should be, and I enjoyed his score more than debney's (though I'm not saying john wrote a bad score for IM2, it's still one of my favorites).

I have a feeling Shane Black will get to pick who he likes to score Iron Man 3. I think it'll be John Ottman or someone other than Djawadi or Debney.

as long as there is plenty of AC/DC and/or Black Sabbath I am on board.

For sure there will be his own composer. Djawadi's long gone, debney is a long shot himself.
Also @ proxy, no more unnecessary AC/DC. It doesn't hurt the films or take me out, but I enjoy original underscore more than source.

Well, I'll be the opposite of devastated if Ottman ends up scoring it, he has done some amazing scores in his time. Namely X2 and the material he added to John Williams work in Superman Returns, 2 of my favourite scores.

Fantastic Four's scores were awesome too, I also adore his apt pupil score (my favorite of his).

I prefer Ramin Djawadi, but he'll be busy doing GoT. I'd like Alan Silvestri to be honest. Then we'll hear whatever Iron Man theme he comes up with in Avengers 2 like we heard the Cap theme in the first one.

I guess I'm one the very few who really liked IM2 score and would love for Debney to come back, but I think IM3 would have another composer.

Fantastic Four's scores were awesome too, I also adore his apt pupil score (my favorite of his).

I don't know. The first part of it sounded like a minorish version of that pub song, "Roll Out The Barrel." :woot:

I think Debney did better. But I'd like someone else this time around. Ottman would indeed be perfection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"