Iron Man 2 Iron Man's weapons.

protocida

Avenger
Reaction score
Let's talk about Iron Man's weapons. Which are your favorite? Which you don't like? Which you'd like to see in future movies? War Machine counts too. :woot:

Repulsors, the missiles from the Mark VI that came out of the gauntlets and the one time lasers.

I love the Unibeam.

646news_rectangle0585436.jpg

I wish IM2 would have featured it better than blowing up a watermelon.

Repulsors of course, Lasers, and the improved rocket launcher on his wrist (instead of a single rocket, it was like an entire circle of them.)

And of course, War Machine's auto targeting mini-gun that has seemingly unlimited ammo was awesome.

Repulsors of course, Lasers, and the improved rocket launcher on his wrist (instead of a single rocket, it was like an entire circle of them.)

And of course, War Machine's auto targeting mini-gun that has seemingly unlimited ammo was awesome.

these are cool. But i pick the thrusters repulsors and rockets launchers.
Thrusters because it is absolutely amazing how this guy can just fly like that. Repulsors and missiles because they're just so cool.:awesome:

The repulsors are my favourite weapon. There is something manly and powerful about how IM was blasting those drones with his repulsors. But the repulsors are Tony's batarangs. They ll always be there, so i voted for the show stealers, the one time gauntlet lasers. They were amazing!

Pfft those weapons are nothing compared to those badass cut-everything red beams he used at the end of the movie. :awesome:

Those lasers were pretty damn fantastic to watch. It reminded me of something he'd use on the Ultimate Alliance games.

Pfft those weapons are nothing compared to those badass cut-everything red beams he used at the end of the movie. :awesome:

Those would be the 'lasers' in the poll. :p

And I agree, they were supremely bad-ass. Two bad they're one time use though, I figure he's gonna really need them to combat whatever villain they're gonna face in Avengers.

"Ah, so my lasers are very effective against [insert villain here], too bad I have to go all the way back to the garage to refuel them."

I like them all,and would love to see that friggin huge gun or whatever that he uses in Marvel Vs Capcom 2. :awesome:

Last edited:
Iron Man didn't really use his whole arsenal of weapons in Iron Man 2. He mostly stuck to repulsors. I didn't see his unibeam, and he didn't fire any missles from his gauntlets. I didn't see a trace of pulse bolts either, and he should've had an EMP dampening field (like the one he borrowed from Force in the comics). He used more weaponry in the first movie, especially during the aerial chase scene with the fighter planes.

He used his unibeam when Rhodey grabbed him from behind. The blast threw them both through the wall and into Tony's boxing room. He also used it on a watermelon during the party.

As for the missiles, this time he had smaller ones in his gauntlets which were just as effective it would seem. If i remember correctly that's when he said "See that?" and Rhodey said "Yeah, yeah, NICE!"

Last edited:
Iron Man didn't really use his whole arsenal of weapons in Iron Man 2. He mostly stuck to repulsors. I didn't see his unibeam, and he didn't fire any missles from his gauntlets. I didn't see a trace of pulse bolts either, and he should've had an EMP dampening field (like the one he borrowed from Force in the comics). He used more weaponry in the first movie, especially during the aerial chase scene with the fighter planes.

Uni-Beam was used on watermelon. Mr. Earle says he also used it when Rhodey grabbed him, but I think that was just the thrusters, aka, flying backward. I may be wrong though.

He did use gauntlet missiles/rockets. Remember in the drone fight when he dodged this one missile (much like dodges the tank shell in IM1), he then extends his arm, a ring of missiles pop out, and a whole ton of missiles swarm towards these three drones, and they all blow up a second or two after the missiles lodge into them.

You didn't see a trace of pulse bolts because movie Iron Man has yet to include them.

What are those pulse bolts you refer to?

Check out Iron Man #200 for a demonstration. He used them in the fight against Iron Monger. They are like little energy bolts that get stronger the further they extend.

In the drunk scene, Iron Man could've used his built in roller skates. That would've been the best time, if any. Any other moment would've seemed spoofish and inappropriate, but in the context of that party where he's showing off, it could've worked.

Thanks for the answer, but dude, roller skates? Oh hell naw!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"