Iron Man IRONMAN Casting Thread [merged-15]

Status
Not open for further replies.
24763.jpg

Stuart Townsend would make a decent Tony Stark methinks. Townsend's only 34 and that's around the ideal age Favreau's looking for right? Plus he's a talented actor. I noticed this when I saw a commercial for Night Stalker.

Advanced Dark said:
Jesus look at this pic that just popped up online:

1050550036_l.jpg

I thought you were considering Pauly Shore for Stark. I thought you must have been Stark Raving Mad. :woot:

Edd Extraordinaire said:
I've been preaching Dillon for months!

Great to have a few people on board! But from what I can see not too many people are excited about the idea though :huh:

I'd have to go with Guy Pierce or Clive Owen but Owen is a busy man and probably wouldn't have time. What is this crap I see about Matt Dillon. He looks to evil to be a hero. Iron Man is a proud looking Bruce Wayne type. He has to be self-assurred confident looking man. In all they probably will go with a nobody that has abilities. Almost all the superheros weren't stars but are now. Like Hugh Jackman, Tobey Maguire, Christian Bale. These guys were in films and are good actors but were not well known until they put on the sweet costumes. Go with a nobody.

I'd have to go with Guy Pierce or Clive Owen but Owen is a busy man and probably wouldn't have time. What is this crap I see about Matt Dillon. He looks to evil to be a hero. Iron Man is a proud looking Bruce Wayne type. He has to be self-assurred confident looking man. In all they probably will go with a nobody that has abilities. Almost all the superheros weren't stars but are now. Like Hugh Jackman, Tobey Maguire, Christian Bale. These guys were in films and are good actors but were not well known until they put on the sweet costumes. Go with a nobody.

WeaponXProject said:

Both CLive Owen and Guy Pierce are not unknown actors. So was Chirtsian Bale, and to some degree Tobey Maguire before BB and Spiderman. As for Matt Dillon, perhaps he was a teen idol way back when, but he hasn't really been on the mainstream hollywood radar ever since, and I can't comment on the evil part on his looks because I have no idea what evil looks like, but I think his attitute portrayed in some of his films fits Stark's character very well.

Wyrminarrd where in Iceland are you from!? nice to see another icelander around on the internet:cwink:

Hey Icelander, I´m a Hafnfirðingur and yeah, it is nice to see other Icelanders around. I´ve been lurking and occasionally posting here for years and I think this is the first time I´ve seen another Icelander on these forums :yay:

FVD said:
I thought you were considering Pauly Shore for Stark. I thought you must have been Stark Raving Mad. :woot:

No way lol. "Stark" raving mad. Pretty funny. No for some stupid reason I thought it was Matt Dillon...I forgot about his brother. When I looked back at the pic I realized my horrible mistake.

God it's amazing going through all the choices here that people came up with for Tony Stark. Some could have been great and some were bad. Back in August of 05 I had a thought and look how some responded to my choice: (I was Blades_Shades at the time.)

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=6443111&postcount=542

Man, you really got hammered for throwing out Robert Downey Jr. LMAO at the responses. To think people wanted John Cusack over RDJ! :lmao: :funny:

This pick brings back memories
ime.jpg

Man, you really got hammered for throwing out Robert Downey Jr. LMAO at the responses. To think people wanted John Cusack over RDJ! :lmao: :funny:

This pick brings back memories
ime.jpg

I threw out Cusacks name too but really wanted Downey or Wahlberg. I'm so glad Downey got it because he has a much stronger personality and is a bit more colorful. Jude Law made me laugh a bit, but I'm so freaking glad Tom Cruise did not get this. He'd hold the franchise hostage and try to take control.

I'll admit Downey wasn't my first choice to play him at the time, but when he got mentioned I was for it, mainly because of his past demons he over came like Tony Stark.

Now, I can't think of anyone better that would've been good for the part.

Oh, yeah Tom Cruise would've sucked as Tony, I still can't beleive Adi Granov is still using his likeness in the upcoming Iron Man: Viva Las Vegas mini and not Downey.:cmad:

I still can't beleive Adi Granov is still using his likeness in the upcoming Iron Man: Viva Las Vegas mini and not Downey.:cmad:

Sorry man, but you're 100% wrong there. I don't really get how you've concluded that it looked like Tom Cruise from the preview pages of Viva Las Vegas, but regardless, it's not him, nor anyone else living for that matter. If anything the likeness is closest to a military action figure I have on my desk for lighting reference. Jon Favreau and i discussed using the likenesses from the movie, but, among other reasons, we decided that the book should stand on its own and not be considered a movie tie-in, because it's not. Viva Las Vegas is independent of both the movie and the Marvel universe, hence all of the characters in it look very little like their versions in other universes. Plus I draw Tony Stark as being about 6'2"...

Robert Downey Jr. was the perfect choice. not only does he look good on screen, but he's actually just right in person as well. His real life personality really suits the movie character and I think it really shows.

heh, I have Family Guy on TV as I'm working right now, your avatar is a nice tie-in!

Ok well when you have a minute I'd like to see you draw up Peter in the Iron Man armor...Mark 3 of course. LOL

Sorry man, but you're 100% wrong there. I don't really get how you've concluded that it looked like Tom Cruise from the preview pages of Viva Las Vegas, but regardless, it's not him, nor anyone else living for that matter. If anything the likeness is closest to a military action figure I have on my desk for lighting reference. Jon Favreau and i discussed using the likenesses from the movie, but, among other reasons, we decided that the book should stand on its own and not be considered a movie tie-in, because it's not. Viva Las Vegas is independent of both the movie and the Marvel universe, hence all of the characters in it look very little like their versions in other universes. Plus I draw Tony Stark as being about 6'2"...

Robert Downey Jr. was the perfect choice. not only does he look good on screen, but he's actually just right in person as well. His real life personality really suits the movie character and I think it really shows.

ah man I'm really sorry! It's just that to me he looked like him, but if you say it isn't, then who am I to argue.:cwink:

btw, I've said it on other threads and I'll tell you, I thank the good lord that you drew Iron Man's armor the way you did, I heard the people at Marvel decided to make a live action Iron Man movie because of the way you drew him. You are a very talented artist, by far my favorite IM artist, and I've been collecting his comics since the late 80s.

Don't worry Adi the art so far looks great in Viva Las Vegas, can't wait to see what your Fin Fang Foom looks like.

I'm sure the geek patrol will bash me for this but I kind of forgot about this guy but he could be a good actor for the role. He's surely capable of playing someone with heart issues and portraying someone at odds with his father. I'm glad to see him back at work w/Val Kilmer looking young again, and Shane Black back to what he does best. I wouldn't mind John Cusack either.
http://us.rd.yahoo.com/movies/trailers/1808632420/1808715299/?http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/mf/frame?theme=minfo&lid=qtv-300-p.1373813-150365,qtv-700-p.1373814-150365,wmv-56-p.1373815-150365,wmv-100-p.1373816-150365,wmv-300-p.1373817-150365,wmv-700-p.1373818-150365,qtv-56-p.1373811-150365,qtv-100-p.1373812-150365&id=1808632420&f=1808632420&mspid=1808715299&type=t

Shane Black? RDJ?

blades_shades was a god wasn't he???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"