Iron Man IRONMAN Casting Thread [merged-15]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majin Boo

Superhero
Reaction score
Billy Cudrup, check him out in "Almost Famous" he has the look and drunkness (is that even a word??), he is a pretty good actor too, I think he could nail it.

Majin Boo said:
Billy Cudrup, check him out in "Almost Famous" he has the look and drunkness (is that even a word??), he is a pretty good actor too, I think he could nail it.
i think you mean "drunkeness"

me i'd go for either victor webster [mutant x ]or john stamos

i hate to say the role is tom criuses because tony stark is older like mid30s and tom criuse can get it because he that rich.

Tom Cruise can't do it now, because after War of Worlds he is doing MI:3 and then he has another movie, so he just doesn't have the time.

I saw someone (I think it was Wizard) mention George Clooney.

Not completely sure if he'd be right for the part (not completely up on the Iron Man lore), but just throwing it out. :)

I just seen the Last Samurai last night finally and what I saw in the movie with Tom Cruise playing a drunk who becomes a hero in armor saving what he thinks is right and then falling in love with the girl was very cool. The more I look at Tom I think to myself he would probably pull off Iron-man very well and I wouldnt mind seeing him as Stark in the movie. He has alot of good movies and he has the look of a troubles soul who is drunk and a good cast for the character.

Tom Cruise should be Iron-Man

I say get someone who's got shrapnel stuck near their heart.

I'm sure there's some actor out there willing to go the distance. :D

tony stark is way too tall to be played by someone as small as tom cruise
Iron man would be perfect if he were played by kiefer sutherland or charlie sheen

Stark isn't exactly going to be a drunk or an alcoholic in this movie. From the rumors it seems the alcohol thing is just going to be hinted at or implied before they make it a big issue later on...possibly (if) in a sequel?

allright im gonna say this once because i just had the best casting idea. everyone one is so frickin hung up on tom cruise being iron man that he should be in the movie gettin slapped around by sutherland. his size means he can only play one character:

MODOK

I love Tom Cruise, is was excellent in Last Samurai, and I truly believe he would make a great Tony Stark, however Al Grough even said Cruise is going to be to busy to do Iron Man, so most likely he will not be starring in Iron Man unless something happens that changes his mind about doing War of the Worlds & MI:3, Marvel will most likely look to someone else, no names have come up though.

Here's a name:

Rufus Sewell (Dark City, A Knight's Tale)

Let his mustache grow out a little and you'll have your Tony Stark.
:cool:

Kingfish said:
allright im gonna say this once because i just had the best casting idea. everyone one is so frickin hung up on tom cruise being iron man that he should be in the movie gettin slapped around by sutherland. his size means he can only play one character:

MODOK

DarkKnightJRK said:
I saw someone (I think it was Wizard) mention George Clooney.

Not completely sure if he'd be right for the part (not completely up on the Iron Man lore), but just throwing it out. :)

:p ;)

2001-10-26-saget-scleroderma.jpg

Everytime I see him I get flashbacks of nthe rehab scene in Half Baked!!!!!!!!!!!!! scares the spit out of me.

How about The Rock?!

Just kidding, oh I about busted a gut.

Seriously, perhaps Jimmy Smits, or Stuart Townsend.

I think Clive Owen would make a pretty good Tony Stark/Iron Man. He is a great actor and can do the superhero thing as well, did you see him in King Arthur? Pretty good stuff...

2001-07-26-inside-clive-owen.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"