Ironman Extremis questions.

Mr. Green

Where the Wild Hulks Are
Reaction score
I really liked Ironman Extremis, but what continuity is it in? His identity was a secret in this run but I thought he went public with his identity a long time ago.

Do the upgrades recieved by Stark and his suit effect the Ironman in the NA?

Also, it seemed like Ironman was controlling his suit from a remote location in the last NA. What is up with that?

I'm just trying to figure out how Ironman works these days. :confused:

At the end of his Disassembled arc, Tony regained his secret identity by showing someone else in the suit and saying he would not be back in it. It's kind of a joke though since no one even in the Marvel world really seems to believe it. The extremis was in normal continuity, and that "remote control" look is just supposed ot show us what the nueral interface seems like to tony while he is in the suit.

Zaptoitnow said:
and that "remote control" look is just supposed ot show us what the nueral interface seems like to tony while he is in the suit.

Really? To me, that seems pretty dumb. *shrug*

Sentry2005 said:
Really? To me, that seems pretty dumb. *shrug*
LOL! Yeah, I think they could have done that better visually...

Thanks, Zap! :) :up:

Zaptoitnow said:
At the end of his Disassembled arc, Tony regained his secret identity by showing someone else in the suit and saying he would not be back in it. It's kind of a joke though since no one even in the Marvel world really seems to believe it.
Yeah, Iron Man and Daredevil's secret identities have become running jokes in the comics. I don't know if it still happens with DD, but in both the Thing's recent comics and Iron Man: The Inevitable, people have scoffed at Tony every time he claims he's not Iron Man. People used to do it with Matt Murdock whenever he said he wasn't Daredevil, too.

Mr. Green said:
I really liked Ironman Extremis, but what continuity is it in? His identity was a secret in this run but I thought he went public with his identity a long time ago.

Do the upgrades recieved by Stark and his suit effect the Ironman in the NA?

Also, it seemed like Ironman was controlling his suit from a remote location in the last NA. What is up with that?

I'm just trying to figure out how Ironman works these days. :confused:
Well, according to Marvel, the powers Iron Man got in Extremis will be perminant and make its way into New Avengers after Civil War. Tony will have to deal with his decision.

Iron Man's been able to control his armor remotely for a long time now. In fact, he had one suit that could only be operated via remote control. The one just before the modular armor, after he'd faked his death and pissed Rhodey off.

Now he can make phone calls without moving his lips. Quite an upgrade.

No more dropping the phone in the toilet while taking a wiz. Thanks Extremis!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

So other than the lateness factor, how did Ironman fans like Ellis' Extremis arc. I thought it would make a perfect Ironman movie.

Hmmm, hadn't thought of it that way. Unfortunately you're right. It'll be some new villian (or an amalgation of old ones into something new and unrecognizable), change the charecter we love from the comics, and have no real emotional investment, lol. I liked Extremis as a new direction for the comic book, but for the movie I want good old fashioned al out Iron Man action with a classic villian.

Mr. Green said:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

So other than the lateness factor, how did Ironman fans like Ellis' Extremis arc. I thought it would make a perfect Ironman movie.
"Extremis" bored me and I think the changes to Iron Man were unnecessary and lame.

Adi Granov's art is great. As much as I do like Zircher, issue #7 almost looks like a step down as far as the art goes.

Zircher's an odd choice for Iron Man. He's never struck me as someone who can capture that sleek, techno look very well. The armor looked very clunky and heavy in the preview images I saw.

I enjoyed Extremis, wasn't thrilled with the delays,but felt it was worth the wait, decent story, great Art work and the outcome will make for interesting reading in future issues on how he will deal with all his new powers.

yeah, zirchers art is a big let down. they shouldve just gave bryan hitch the job instead his varient cover for #7 is very close to adi granov's design.

TheCorpulent1 said:
"Extremis" bored me and I think the changes to Iron Man were unnecessary and lame.

As usually, Corp expressed my opinion before I got around to it.

The Extremis upgrades make Tony an elite superhero in theroy, since the upgrades have given him superspeed, made him be able to control his suit through his thoughts. Hopefully his solo book doesn't ruin it. Overall the Extremis series was good, it was a little upsetting having all the delays, also the last issue only having about a paragraph of dialog, the art was great, but again overall it was a good series.

I'm thinking about picking up the next arc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"