Is all the Clips a bad sign??

MJB

Sidekick
Reaction score
FOX supposedly fought hard to keep the story under wraps, but it appears that it's just the opposite. Why in the world are all these clips being shown. Mainly of action? I don't know it doesn't sit well with me. A studio knows when it has a bomb on its hand, and one sign is nothing but action clips shown over and over. I get the feeling that I've seen all the action.

Action brings people to the theater and graps you.Why does that not sound right?

Yeah, X2 had just as many clips and there were a couple of surprises that were still left out..

I know where you're coming from, though....I hated all of the clips and photos that X2 had...It was just overkill...They were pushing too far, but the film still came out great..

I'm feeling the same way about X3...I think we could've done without maybe, 30 photos and about 8 of the last 16 clips (I think there are 16 now) that we've seen SO FAR!...and there's probably alot more to be shown...

-TNC

It is the complete opposite of Sony's marketing campaign with Da Vinci Code, who refuse even to show screenings to critics.

It is called 'Saturation' and is just a marketing technique, nothing more, one could say the same could be said for NOT showing clips as an indication of a 'bomb'.

Look, the films nothing special, its fun, its cool, its better than Fantastic Four, it does a lot of things wrong, it tries a bit too hard sometimes, its not Singers movie, its not cyclops movie, its not perfect, its not bad. But its out now its done, and we can all move on.

GreatWhiteWhale said:
Look, the films nothing special, its fun, its cool, its better than Fantastic Four, it does a lot of things wrong, it tries a bit too hard sometimes, its not Singers movie, its not cyclops movie, its not perfect, its not bad. But its out now its done, and we can all move on.
You saw it already?

-TNC

Can someone please confirm if X2 in the first screening was really not complete?
I still can believe that X3 has less than 2 hours for a bunch of reasons. Nothing's fitting how things got to be.

When all that clips showd up I just couldn't stop thinking 'I saw too much, if the movie has a short running time I won't need to watch in the cinema, I lost the chance of get surprised somehow.'

And now everyone that saw confirm the running time and my despair comes running faster... :/

The clips have me a bit worried. Halle so far is cringingly bad as Storm, and the touchy-feely scene with Wolverine and Cyclops was even worse. Why are they making Wolverine that compassionate? The real Wolverine wouldn't give a **** about Cyclops's emotional state.

Everything else was good, but I can't help but note these nagging little problems that just bug the crap outta me.

However, if you walk around NYC right now...there are DaVinci ads on billboards (there's a giant one over the Loews theater on 42nd St), phone booths and buses right now. There are very few X3 ads--compared to a few months ago, when the 'Take a Stand' posters were everywhere.

The Toys R Us in Times Square has a whole section set up for the DaVinci Code board game. But there aren't any X3 toys...but a Superman section just went up as well.

There's a DaVinci Code trailer on my Tivo's main menu also. So Sony is doing a pretty good job advertising the thing.

Fox has released a lot of clips, but they don't appear to be any more agressive than any of the other studios with their summer movies.

Cyclops said:
The clips have me a bit worried. Halle so far is cringingly bad as Storm, and the touchy-feely scene with Wolverine and Cyclops was even worse. Why are they making Wolverine that compassionate? The real Wolverine wouldn't give a **** about Cyclops's emotional state.

Everything else was good, but I can't help but note these nagging little problems that just bug the crap outta me.
It just ticks me off that Cyclops is written out of the story completely while Halle "Finally gets the huge role she deserves" Berry gets the leadership role that Cyclops rightfully deserves. And they've replaced the storyline of Jean/Scott with Wolverine/Jean.

Didn't X-men 2 establish that Jean loves Scott and NOT Logan?

TheVileOne said:
It just ticks me off that Cyclops is written out of the story completely while Halle "Finally gets the huge role she deserves" Berry gets the leadership role that Cyclops rightfully deserves. And they've replaced the storyline of Jean/Scott with Wolverine/Jean.

Thank Tom Ratbastardthman for that.

TheVileOne said:

All is about money, man...

If was not, then why would that turned like it did?

Hate to admit, but that's the way they ran the thing.

TheVileOne said:

I've long since accepted that Cyclops is the X-Movies' sacrificial lamb - they sacrificed his screen time in X2 for more Storm and Wolverine time, and they're sacrificing his life in X3 to feed Halle Berry's ego.

I dont think they are showing us as much as we think they are.

Cyclops said:
I've long since accepted that Cyclops is the X-Movies' sacrificial lamb - they sacrificed his screen time in X2 for more Storm and Wolverine time, and they're sacrificing his life in X3 to feed Halle Berry's ego.

Or maybe...just maybe...he went to work for "the Distinguished Competition" and the guy who left them high and dry, Fox and Marvel, because Avi Arad is most likely involved those decisions, was not willing to recast a main role or alter the schedule to shoot an expanded Cyke part around Superman Returns. Then again untill the contracts are released online, no one will know.

And Halle Berry will continue bear the brunt of some fan rage. :)

How is that "touchy feely?"

And no, it's not a bad sign. If anything, it's a good one. They know they can afford to spill some of the beans.

I love halle berry, but she's not pleased me with her storm.

FirstTD132PM.jpg

Meant to play storm? :confused:

Her destiny has always been catwoman. And you know this.

No she wasn't...im sure they could have found someone better. Not that she is bad. Im not a big fan of Cykes in the comics but he gets on my nerves and I laugh at it. To bad I couldn't really see that in them movies and now that he's passed away ( :( ) or so i've heard (i knew it anyway) i'll never see that.

Putting his hand on Scott's shoulder and saying "Maybe it's about time to move on"? That's waaaay too touchy-feely for Wolverine. He's not supposed to be a nice guy who is sympathetic, especially not to Scott. He wouldn't have said a damn thing to him about it, but instead would have said in an aside to himself "Guy wants to keep grieving, that's his problem." That scene was out of character for Wolverine.

As for Jim doing work for Superman, I'll just say this. McKellen's shooting schedule for X2 was a matter of weeks, and he had a pivotal role in the film. And it's not the screentime as much that bothers me but the apparent killing. They didn't have to kill him. There is no feasible excuse to kill him off. Regardless of his restricted shooting schedule. No actor was as enthusiastic about these movies than Marsden as far as I can tell, and that's one hell of a way to repay the guy.

And Halle has just been bad as Storm since the first film. And what I've seen of X-Men 3 hasn't changed that. Her whole "No, they can't" speech was really bad. Lame lines, lame delivery.

And that scene in the church kinda cheesed me off too. They had me really interested there... "Hmm... Blob as a Samoan? I'd like to see where this is going..." and then he slimmed down and grew spikes. Furthermore, they went ahead and gave Callisto Quicksilver's powers. Why not just use Quicksilver? They threw in almost every other mutant in the X-Verse, why not him too?

Alot of the clip looked good, it really did. But there were so many nagging problems that weren't really present in the first films.

Majik1387 said:
I'm serious when I ask this. Exactly how was she meant to play Storm? She's lucky she got to play Storm. If she didn't she wouldn't be such a big star today.

That just meens that she looks and acts like storm. But thats my opinion.

Cyclops said:
Alot of the clip looked good, it really did. But there were so many nagging problems that weren't really present in the first films.

Do you intend on going to see it on the big screen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"