Superman Returns Is anybody else getting seriously pissed off at peoples ignorant negativity???

Excel

O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay
Reaction score
CAUSE I SURE AM!

weve waited 20 years to get superman back on the big screen...and some people arer babbling on and on about their negativity without even seeing the movie!!!

wtf you guys its a trailer!! 2 days ago EVERYBODY was SUPER excited after seeing the coke spot and these boards were awesome...now we find out supermans gonna be a daddy even though weve known it forever, and we see that the trailer is awesome but nobody cares its all about this kid!

WHO GIVES A FLYING ****!

seriously!!!

am i the only one annoyed by the unwarranted negativity? these boards have gone hell in a day, lets see where they can go in 2

Even though I try and stay open to anything that comes from these forums or any Superman media, a bit of my excitement has been killed by it all. Even though some of the reviews may be fake or attempts to annoy us, it still has an effect on me.

You may not care, but that does not mean everyone else has to not-care too. The kid IS a bad idea, and once that can of worms is opened, there's no closing it. It is out there.

I really think YOU need to chill, as you seem to take it as a personal attack if people do not like this ugly revelation. You didn't make the film, you aren't any more of a fan than everyone else, and you're opinion is not anymore valid than anyone else's.

But arent you being ignorantly negative yourself?

no. the only pre-judgements that should be made are happy ones.

dude, what do you care what other people think? if you like the movie and the nay-sayers don't, that's their loss.

stressreduction4xt.jpg

Hope that helps.

Yes, but I think that it's normal: Superman is a controversial characters for comics readers: Marvel fans hate him because he is the DC main character; a lot of young readers think that he is boring and too classic to be cool...and finally there is the classic rivality with the batman fans ;)

But I'm sure that this movie will please them :)

? i don't get it. Is all that true or just assumptions.

I think the trick is to ignore the doubters. I too am a huge Superman fan, and have waited a long time for a new film. Then, I hear a small minority of people who bash the film over stupid things. It just shows you how juvenille they are. I haven't met anyone yet that is not happy to see Returns. I haven't heard people say that Superman is lame or that he is boring, because being in my mid 20s I remember growing up with Superman. I remember just how awesome he is. That he doesn't have to bash someones head in or gun some one down in a sick attempt to be cool. But he stands firmly by his tenent,"Truth ,Justice,and the American Way"!:supes: So to all TRUE fans of Superman get excited again, and wait for June 30th!:)

Nah, doesn't bother me, people will like and dislike what they want. If I feel I'm going to enjoy it, then why let someone elses opinion bother me. If its bad, then I'll find out when the movie comes out. Right now, it looks great to me, so my opinion stays there. :)

As I am perfectly secure in my own opinions, I do not let the attitudes of others affect my enjoyment.

i think everyone should just wait until the film is out there and then pass judgement, to judge a film on its trailer alone is foolish. i dont listen to reviews or what other people say, i think its rubbish ill say its rubbish, if its good ill say its good. im a huge superman fan and i personally cant wait. but if its rubbish (which i highly doubt) ill be the first to admit it

The people who think Superman is boring needs to pick up some tpb :mad: :up:

:up:
Metropolis_Man said:
Nah, doesn't bother me, people will like and dislike what they want. If I feel I'm going to enjoy it, then why let someone elses opinion bother me. If its bad, then I'll find out when the movie comes out. Right now, it looks great to me, so my opinion stays there. :)

Excel said:
wtf you guys its a trailer!!

Before a film's release, the trailer is everything.

While any negativity towards the film itself should be held off until people have actually seen the film, there's no reason people can't get upset or frightened about what the final result might be. Outside the film itself, the trailer is one of the most important aspects of marketing, if not THE most important.

I personally was ecstatic after the teaser, but am a little hesitant now that I've seen the full trailer.

Or how about you try to understand that people have *different* opinions. You know, that thing that's formed about something or other that you see, experience, smell, taste etc. Everybody has a right to express their opinion and if they do it in an orderly fashion, citing reasons and not going on wild rants, you should be quiet and, if you want, ignore them instead of making idiotic topics complaining about the exact same thing. In a negative manner. No negativity! Leave!

Or is there some major rule that only positive things are permitted?

I want to talk about the suit, I want to say I don't like it, I want to explain *why* I don't like it, but it's pointless because the first 20-something posts after mine would be about how I'm such a "doubter" and "hater", which is in itself, a stupid notion. A lot of posters (not everybody, of course) classify *everyone* who doesn't praise Singer and think everything's top-notch, as "haters" and "doubters". You can see an example even in this thread. It's pathetic.

This is a comicbook forum full of some really hardcore nerds....its like this for every movie.

It really tends to have no reflection on how great the movie could be or how successful it could be with the general audience.

Excel said:
CAUSE I SURE AM!

weve waited 20 years to get superman back on the big screen...and some people arer babbling on and on about their negativity without even seeing the movie!!!

wtf you guys its a trailer!! 2 days ago EVERYBODY was SUPER excited after seeing the coke spot and these boards were awesome...now we find out supermans gonna be a daddy even though weve known it forever, and we see that the trailer is awesome but nobody cares its all about this kid!

WHO GIVES A FLYING ****!

seriously!!!

am i the only one annoyed by the unwarranted negativity? these boards have gone hell in a day, lets see where they can go in 2

Deal with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

excel said:
Is anybody else getting seriously pissed off at peoples ignorant negativity???

no... i honestly couldn't give a crap what they think because deep down everyone knows that this movie will be down right absolutely the best movie made this year

Yeah it pisses me off. I think a lot of Superman fans really don't deserve a new Superman movie to be honest.

I spend Most of my time over at the IMDB and we have not moderators so the troll activity is off the wall.

But it does not bother me... People only whine, kick and complain when things are looking REALLY good. Trolls are attracted to greatness.

For example. Superman returns has over 31,000 posts on the IMBD.

Catwoman has less then 500....

Why? Because everyone know Catwoman sucked and it is no fun for the trolls to make bash it. Superman on the other hand looks great and so they flock to it.

Sure it gets annoying having to explain the term "Loose Sequel" over and over but it is all part of the gig.

I, for one, cannot wait! The film looks amazing and no idiot that thinks the kid should not be there or that the cape is maroon, is going to change that

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
:supes: This is my fake Signature, until they give me a real one it will have to do:supes:

Is anybody else getting seriously pissed off at peoples ignorant negativity???

I am, that is why I don´t come to the SHH board that often

I want to get the more recent news, pics and videos from the movie, but there is a lot of trolling in here:down, that just suck out the fun to me...

Excel said:
CAUSE I SURE AM!

You are not alone pal....

It's a lot easier to be negative about something because then you dont have to be dissapointed if it turns out you really dont like it.

BUT, if you are negative and do like it, you get a pat on the back and a accepting attitude from the people who have been positive.

And, just be safe, if everyone else hates it and most of the opinions are negative, you can whip out your "See, I told you so!" card and stroll around declaring you called it.

It's definatly harder to stay positive about a project. You dont have those "outs" that I pointed to above. The sucky thing is as well, if you challenge someones negative cat-calls, you are called out as not being tolorent of others personal opinion. Of course, not withstanding what makes their opinion more valid because they are looking at the downside? Being negative can be a good crutch, or a shield if you feel threatend by greater numbers of positive opinions.

Oh yeah!!! I'm so sick and tired of people *****ing over nothing... I've been a suporter from the very begining, but each day as we get closer to the release and with all of this press, SUPERMAN RETURNS is REALLY shaping up to be the WILDEST movie experience ever!!! I think most people wont realize it until they see the film for them selfs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"