The Dark Knight A stroll into the archives re: Ledger casting

The way you over come it is fight through it and do the best you can. Not ask people for sympathy because you are diferent.

Well I don't think a film like Brokeback Mountain neccessarily asks for sympathy, more empathy than anything else. It's a pretty sober film, it doesn't come across like a preachy Oprah special.

Well I'm not saying its preachy, we were talking about the writer who was preachy and saying comments that hollywood is homophic and too afraid to pick a homosexual play.
I am talking about her, not the movie. the movie was not preachy. Just a love story and it just so happened the two characters were men.

Is anybody else comparing the usernames of people who thought the casting was bad to the poll results for the trailer?

....That was mine :o

After seeing the trailer, I would like to apologize to everyone. Ledger IS the Joker. Nolan abused his reputation to the fullest and I don't give a sh**.
We welcome you to the dark side! :woot:

The most lulz-able part of your thread was the title, actually. :oldrazz:

Did you have to search for that thread or did you save it? lol
Searched for it. Pretty easy - "heath ledger casting" and then looked for anything between July and August of last year. :cwink:

Ledger will straight own the role!

I remember I was one of those who was greatly dissapointed with Ledger's casting but I still had hope and now am truly truly grateful!

I'm totally LOLing over Franklin Richard's posts. "I have a Master's in Theater! And I know Heath is totally robotic as an actor! Completely miscast!" If you mean killer psychotic unpredictable robot clown, then sure! :woot:

Same here. Honestly, I love how some people act like they are master at acting & think they know someone is wrong for the role when they haven't seen them act in the role. People need to stop lying with crap like that. If he was truly a master, he wouldn't judge Ledger already last year & would wait to see how he handle it. :oldrazz:

Ledger is gonna win an oscar for this role. I'll wear a dress to a bar, and post my pics on here if not.

I wouldn't be surprised by a nod; a win, yes. If, however, by some freak chance he does win an Oscar, the world will echo with the cry of geeks everywhere rejoicing. :woot:

I was thinking an Oscar nod before, but now i think it'll be an Oscar win.

To be fair, when Begins came out, everyone was saying the entire cast and crew of Begins would get Oscars, down to the old guy who says "We're right on top of the main hub and if this pressure spikes, it's all gonna blow!"

I'm not saying Ledger's performance isn't or won't be Oscarworthy, it's that I very much doubt he'll win or even get nominated. It's just not the Academy's... style.

I wish I could go way back to after bb was released and tell everyone that in BB2 Joker would wear make-up and have a cut smile. Guarantee I'd be flamed for even suggesting something so unfaithful to the source material.

You know, we could dig back into pre-BEGINS threads for some of your all's gems, I'll bet...

Your gem of saying Batman and Robin had better dialogue/puns than Batman Begins is a true highlight.

Ledger is gonna win an oscar for this role. I'll wear a dress to a bar, and post my pics on here if not.

He'll most likely get a nod, but won't get the win unfortunately. So it looks like you'll be wearing a dress to a bar, and then posting them here on the SHH! forums.

Unless you were being sarcastic? :o :brucebat:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"