The Dark Knight Is it time for a Batcycle, Batwing, etc?

War Lord said:
Meet the batcycle.

jul_20_hyanide_tank.jpg
07waynevn5.jpg

'I want to borrow it.'

i dotn see why he would ride a bike instead of a tank

I Am The Knight said:
No, no Batwing or Batcycle. Stick with The Tumbler only. A Batwing is way too much for Nolan's Bats.
i think i agree with you. i think it would fit Nolan's batman that if he needed to travel cross-country or over seas, it would be Bruce taking the company jet for a "business meeting".

Nay, well maybe the wing would be cool' maybe in B3?

Majik1387 said:
Thin alleys, driving though and inside a construction site, better handling, wind blowing the cape back, other things.
no.

ooo! yeah! a Space Ship. and Luke and Han can be his sidekicks. and then Batman can use the extremely rare and coveted Bat Sabre, all the while he'll be wearing a fish bowl astronaut helmet and using the Force. yesss.
no, i think the tumbler is cool enough.

War Lord said:
"Does it come in black?" :)

Seriously, I could live with that.

On the other hand, I belive we've already seen possible Batcycle.
There's this concept-bike called "Tomahawk", powered by a Dodge V8, which reminded my instantly of the Tumbler:
dodgetomahawkriderye7.jpg

In fact, the Tomahawk was used as a model for some Batman Begins toys:
h285201ls2.jpg

64hw3006002ho9.jpg

Of course, this bike is so heavy and sluggish that it could only be used for extreme highspeed pursuits and not for nimbly sweeping through narrow streets.
However, it would blend very well in Nolan's Batman universe IMO.

A Jet powered BOAT would make a lot more sense and would fit perfectly in Nolan's realistic take on Gotham. With Wayne Manor being on Gotham Harbor more than likely, with The Narrows being on an island, the Gotham Docks (saw that in BB), and the city itself having tons of canals all through it, a boat would make sense. It would probably allow him to get to Gotham faster actually.

Batcycle, Batwing, Bat- something... All this sounds campy, just CAMPY! :down

wow, imagine an aerial chase scene between supes and bats in teh bat wing with kypronite laced missles and all...

all you nay sayers would wet your pants :p

TempleFugit said:
Do you think if Wayne Enterprises has some secret "military vehicles", such as specially built motorcycles, or some kind of "military jet"....do you think Lucious Fox would possibly let Bruce have one?

And if so, what would it be? Do you think we could see a Batwing in the sequel?

I personally hope so, and I think it would be plenty realistic...if say, there came a situation where Batman couldn't JUST use the Batmobile, and/or his gliding cape. Perhaps Batman would need to be over water or something?

Thoughts?

no............no........and did I forget........... NO!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd take a Bat-Bicycle over a Batwing, Batcycle, or Batboat.... what good are they in the Realistic Gotham Nolan has created, they would do more harm then good...............

Batwing, lol, what's next, a Neon Street gang?

I Am The Knight said:
No, no Batwing or Batcycle. Stick with The Tumbler only. A Batwing is way too much for Nolan's Bats.
:up:

javi1024 said:
i think i agree with you. i think it would fit Nolan's batman that if he needed to travel cross-country or over seas, it would be Bruce taking the company jet for a "business meeting".
:up:

xforce said:
"Does it come in black?" :)

Seriously, I could live with that.

On the other hand, I belive we've already seen possible Batcycle.
There's this concept-bike called "Tomahawk", powered by a Dodge V8, which reminded my instantly of the Tumbler:
dodgetomahawkriderye7.jpg

In fact, the Tomahawk was used as a model for some Batman Begins toys:
h285201ls2.jpg

64hw3006002ho9.jpg

Of course, this bike is so heavy and sluggish that it could only be used for extreme highspeed pursuits and not for nimbly sweeping through narrow streets.
However, it would blend very well in Nolan's Batman universe IMO.

I've scene one of those in action, it was at a Drag Race.... while extremly fast (0-100 in 3 seconds), they are impractable for street riding..... plus considering Dodge has only made 2 prototypes, I'm sure it would be hard for the WB to get their hands on one for less then 4 million

Majik1387 said:
wind blowing the cape back...
I would not want to see Bats go the way of Isadora Duncan.

Isn't Batman suppose to be a "genuis" the guy has yet to make any gadgets that would qualify as being genuis i nBatman begins. If you can't have some fun in a Batman movie, then dun make a batman movie.I would like to see something more Batman esque, because the first movie seemed less like Batman at times, instead of a sort of smart rich guy takeing weapons from his company to use. Ignoring the fact whoever built these weapons at his company, would reconize their own inventions upon seeing it being used.

Both motorcycle and boat would be realistic and practical. As cool as the Tumbler is, it's terrible for traveling around in a city. Of course we could suspend disbelief as far as that goes, but then we might as well get a proper Batmobile. A motorcycle, on the other hand, is much better for intracity transportation. And Gotham being a harbor allows for a boat.

This can also allow us to see Bruce designing something himself. It's not unrealistic that Bruce can get ahold of either vehicle, and then modify them. I like that Lucius gives him tech, and makes sense when it comes to advanced materials and the like, but I really didn't like that alot of his gear (the Tumbler, suit, grapple gun, etc.) were pretty much finished products when he got them. This can show Bats making things for himself, to his own needs.

Cinemaman said:
Batcycle, Batwing, Bat- something... All this sounds campy, just CAMPY! :down

Well, if the film doesn't refer to that vehicle as Bat-something, what then? The Tumbler wasn't referred to as the batmobile, and I never expect it to.

AGAIN, a boat would be absolutely realistic in Gotham and the environment that Nolan has created for reasons I've stated over and over again.

I Am The Knight said:

Agreed. Have we learned nothing from excess such as the bat credit card? Theres always subtle ways to sway from a classy approach and this time the franchise should be super careful. Make rules and stick to them imo. No bat this and bat that. Tacky.

JokerNick said:
no............no........and did I forget........... NO!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd take a Bat-Bicycle over a Batwing, Batcycle, or Batboat.... what good are they in the Realistic Gotham Nolan has created, they would do more harm then good...............

Batwing, lol, what's next, a Neon Street gang?

What good would a boat do? Let's see..............Gotham is on a harbor, Gotham has several canals and rivers flowing throughout the interior of the city, The Narrows is on an island, and Wayne Manor resides on or near water more than likely.

Having a boat would be much quicker than having to deal with traffic on the city streets.........

I could see Batman commanderring a GCPD helicopter... or even purloining a military stealth helicopter from Wayne Enterprises (although this would kind of repeat how he got The Tumbler in BB)

A boat would be cool - used to intercept the Penguin's arms shipments in Gotham docks. And it would also produce another cool batcave entrance / exit sequence, with the boat submerging ala TAS and surfacing in the cave.

I think this Batman would look silly on a motorbike personally.

But all that said, I'd be happy if the only two vehicles we see Batman use are the Tumber and the Rolls. Perhaps a scene where Bruce is under threat (by a mob boss, as has been rumoured), and Alfred has to do some fancy driving in the Rolls? Could be quite exciting and there's room for humour

BRUCE: (in back seat) Alfred, accelerate into the bend, let it drift then ...

External shot of the Rolls screaching round a corner, wheels lifting from the road. Closely followed by a souped up black sedan, a man hanging out of the passenger window, firing a pistol
Cut back to Alfred, grimacing with concentration. The sound of gunfire. The camera pulls back, jerkily to show Bruce clambering into the front passenger seat

ALFRED (still staring intently ahead): Master Wayne, will you please buckle your seatbelt

BRUCE (seating himself, looking into the rear view mirror) Can't this thing go any faster?

ALFRED: This is a Rolls Royce Silver Ghost Master Wayne, not the bloody Batmobile...

BRUCE: (disbeliving tone) The Batmobile?!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"