The Dark Knight Rises The Official Batwing Thread: How Should It Happen?

No, no use for it in these films. Unless Joker schemes up a plot involving more giant balloons or anything else Batman would need to fly into the air, I don't see why they would ever use it. Someone in another thread mentioned this and said it right. In the comics, Batman's real purpose for the Batwing is to fly to the JLA headquarters and around the world. I don't see why Batman would need to fly in this film.

If any Batwing enters Nolan's Batman series. I would like it to resemble the 89 version (yes...I'm a Batman 89 fanboy) I've always loved that design, my favorite Batman vehicle. As for how it should happen, probably just introduce some sort of experimental aircraft from Wayne Enterprise, then have Batman just fix it up.

Urgh. Batman has a glider-cape. And rope. And a car and motorcycle. And he already has a personal plane. He can fly somewhere as Bruce Wayne, jump out, change into Batman, and presto! Same effect.

No, not in Nolan's world. The only reason is that, from a writer's pov, he can't land it. B89 it was crashed because you can't land in Gotham City, Bf it was crashed because you can't land on an island made of holy rusted metal. For it to work on film Batman would have to leave Gotham to land, which wouldn't make sense (in TDK at least). Nolan wouldn't crash the Batwing either, it's too unrealistic for Batman to survive a plane crash then be able to fight. I don't see how it could work, I don't see Batman parking a plane anywhere in Gotham and I don't see him crashing into a church or the ocean. Those that think he could land on the water, he could, but he couldn't take off again. Batwing, it just raises too many questions.
that's what the batgyro's for

Nope. Batman protects GOTHAM, and as big of a city it is, its not big enough to justify a batwing. I always preferred the in 'in the shadows jumping from rooftop to rooftop' batman anyway.

I agree, when you think about it, a batwing is really un-useable for just a city. It doesn't make much sense to introduce one, unless Batman starts protecting the entire country...and I don't think that would go over too well with the fanbase.

No, not in Nolan's world. The only reason is that, from a writer's pov, he can't land it. B89 it was crashed because you can't land in Gotham City, Bf it was crashed because you can't land on an island made of holy rusted metal. For it to work on film Batman would have to leave Gotham to land, which wouldn't make sense (in TDK at least). Nolan wouldn't crash the Batwing either, it's too unrealistic for Batman to survive a plane crash then be able to fight. I don't see how it could work, I don't see Batman parking a plane anywhere in Gotham and I don't see him crashing into a church or the ocean. Those that think he could land on the water, he could, but he couldn't take off again. Batwing, it just raises too many questions.

I guess they never heard of VTOL

Even VTOL wouldn't make sense. Batman could not just leave the Batwing sitting in water. No "evil doer" that saw the Batwing sitting in Gotham Harbor or any other body of water would pass up the opportunity to destroy it. The tumbler can be hidden in the city, I can believe that, the Batpod is easily hidden also. A plane is a different animal. Landing in a city, can't be done. Landing on water, doesn't make sense. No Batwing, makes perfect sense. It's not needed. Batman is not leaving Gotham anytime soon so the Tumbler and pod provide all the transportation he needs.

I doubt we'll ever see it again... Kilmer's batwing... hanging in the cave... ehhh...

I just hope the Joker says something like he did in 89

"where does he get those wonderful toys?" or
"why didn't somebody tell me he had one of those... things!?!"

A Batwing is indespensable for Batman. He does need to leave the city occasionally.....

but I doubt it will be happening in movie three. We'll probably get a smaller hang glider type craft instead.

In the comics, Batman's real purpose for the Batwing is to fly to the JLA headquarters and around the world. I don't see why Batman would need to fly in this film.

he has actually used it in non JLA missions to get around Gotham in the comics

If the Batwing does appear. The design should be based on the F35 solves the problem of landing. :woot::oldrazz: Watch Live Free or Die Hard, you'll see what I mean.

I dont want a batwing. It's not realistic. I dont even like the idea of the Bat Motorcylce (the "bat pod") which IS going to be in TDK. I think it's unrealistic that Bruce Wayne would be able to gather all these top-secret military vehicles. Seriously. It'll be like a running gag if Morgan Freeman (Lucius Fox) keeps telling Bruce Wayne: "Oh, looking for a plane eh? No problem! I got one right here! Okay. Now you're looking for a boat? Good deal right here, check this out. Hmmmm...you need a spaceship now? Hmmmm....not to worry, I got one of those too. A submarine? Got it. A helicopter? this way please. A hang-glider? here. A jet pack? over there."

No Batwing, no Bat Boat, no jet pack (like Batman had in the animated series - man, that was cheesy!) - I think the tumbler was enough.

Greg

If the story asks for one aerial mean of transportation, why not? He glides allover the city already. But it should make sense, not like the Forever trash where the batwing and batboat (how terrible they looked) have like 2 seconds of screen time only to be destroyed... pathetic...

As much as I'd love to see some short of Batplane return, it won't happen, well a know it. But, theres no reason why we can't describe what one would like in Nolan's Batman Universe.

no, i cant see the Batwing in nolans films. its too...batman-y. everything has to look un-batmany in nolans films. so no i dont think we will. but i voted yes because i loved the batwing from the first film and would love to see it again (although it prolly wouldnt be as good without elfmans music blasting).

Here's what went through my head when I read the title of this thread:

"Hmm...'The Official Batwing Thread: How Should It Happen?'

It shouldn't."

wtf, its not pointless. :huh: thats just plain ignorant. as shown in many comics, it comes in handy many times when batman is in air combat missions. he used a batplane vehicle in TAS, and in HUSH, in the original bob kane comics, and many more. so saying it isnt a comics thing is false, but saying it is pointless is just as false. he has a vehicle for EVERYTHING. thats why hes batman. for nolan to totally ignore that is to ignore a vital part of the character. im glad there giveing him a motorcycle in the new one, that is cool, even if it looks nothing like a bat vehicle.

its not pointless. as shown in many comics, it comes in handy many times when batman is in air combat missions. he used a batplane vehicle in TAS, and in HUSH, in the original bob kane comics, and many more. so saying it isnt a comics thing is false, but saying it is pointless is just as false.
When would that happen?:huh:

you havent read HUSH? he made not always have to "target and shoot" things, but when he needs to board other aircraft or get heavy dangerous things out of the way, he uses a air craft. the batmobile cant do everything.

wtf, its not pointless. :huh: thats just plain ignorant. as shown in many comics, it comes in handy many times when batman is in air combat missions. he used a batplane vehicle in TAS, and in HUSH, in the original bob kane comics, and many more. so saying it isnt a comics thing is false, but saying it is pointless is just as false. he has a vehicle for EVERYTHING. thats why hes batman. for nolan to totally ignore that is to ignore a vital part of the character.

I never said it wasn't a comics thing.

And pointless was probably the wrong word to use. I should have just said unnecessary. However, if we look at the history of the Batwing in movies, we can see that it can become quite pointless. Even in B89, it has no real purpose, except for the one shot of the plane in front of the moon. That whole scene could have been done with the Batmobile.

you havent read HUSH? he made not always have to "target and shoot" things, but when he needs to board other aircraft or get heavy dangerous things out of the way, he uses a air craft. the batmobile cant do everything.
I meant in the movie.:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"