The Dark Knight Rises The Official Batwing Thread: How Should It Happen?

had no real purpose? sorry i had to laugh at this one, no offence. hmm let me think...it had to get dangerous toxin spreading balloons out of the city to save the ppl of gotham from choking and dieing from it, it had to get rid of the SOB goons who were shooting and killing ppl and tried to at least take down the terrorist-type Joker villian. only "pointless" and "unnecessary" scene was when it did that little bat-symbol against the moon, but even so that was an awsome scene so i dont care.

damn, thats like saying the batmobile is pointless, even though it blew up acess chemicals, saved gotham city from destruction in BB by taking down the monorail tracks, etc. i agree though, in batman forever the batwing and even batboat we pretty pointless because they didnt shoot or save anything, it on ly got them to the riddlers hideout but thats it. heck, even THAT is more of a purpose, cuz how would they have gotten there anyway? the batmobile? not unless it pulls a chitty chitty bang bang.

had no real purpose? sorry i had to laugh at this one, no offence. hmm let me think...it had to get dangerous toxin spreading balloons out of the city to save the ppl of gotham from choking and dieing from it, it had to get rid of the SOB goons who were shooting and killing ppl and tried to at least take down the terrorist-type Joker villian. only "pointless" and "unnecessary" scene was when it did that little bat-symbol against the moon, but even so that was an awsome scene so i dont care.
Do you actually believe they are going to do that again?

What I meant by saying it had no real purpose was that the whole thing could have been done in the Batmobile and negated the necessity of a Batwing. I agree, the moon thing was sweet, though.

GoogleMe94 said:
damn, thats like saying the batmobile is pointless, even though it blew up acess chemicals, saved gotham city from destruction in BB by taking down the monorail tracks, etc.

No, because that couldn't have been done any other way, unless you use the Batwing.

GoogleMe94 said:
i agree though, in batman forever the batwing and even batboat we pretty pointless because they didnt shoot or save anything, it on ly got them to the riddlers hideout but thats it. heck, even THAT is more of a purpose, cuz how would they have gotten there anyway? the batmobile? not unless it pulls a chitty chitty bang bang.

True, but did they need both? Hell, Bruce's private yacht would have sufficed, really. They already knew his identity anyway.

Do you actually believe they are going to do that again?

no, i dont. i wouldnt want them to do the same thing. but, i nonetheless would like to see the batwing/batplane, even though i know it most likel wont happen. i just like it. always have.

no, i dont. i wouldnt want them to do the same thing. but, i nonetheless would like to see the batwing/batplane, even though i know it most likel wont happen. i just like it. always have.
Im with you there man, That part with the moon was pretty bad@ss.

What I meant by saying it had no real purpose was that the whole thing could have been done in the Batmobile and negated the necessity of a Batwing. I agree, the moon thing was sweet, though.

ok, how would YOU have gotten those balloons useing just the batmobile? i cant see it. its a land vehicle and the balloons were very high up. and how would he get them away from the city fast enough with just the batmobile? the batwing is the vehicle for the job, not the batmobile.

True, but did they need both? Hell, Bruce's private yacht would have sufficed, really. They already knew his identity anyway.

did they need both? maybe not, he could have just equipped the batwing as a 2-seater instead of just being one seat. but then again, batman didnt intend on haveing a partner at all, so all his vehicles were made as a one seater only, cept the batmobile of course. so it makes sense that he has robin take the batboat as well.

and a yacht to the hideout? LOL. :woot:

ok, how would YOU have gotten those balloons useing just the batmobile? i cant see it. its a land vehicle and the balloons were very high up. and how would he get them away from the city fast enough with just the batmobile? the batwing is the vehicle for the job, not the batmobile.

The balloon thing, I don't know. To be honest, if I was adjusting it, I would just rewrite the scene, because the Batwing felt like it was stuck in there just for the sake of having a Batwing. Which I think is what I've really been trying to say all along.

well i thought that was such a great iconic vehicle and one of the major highlights of the film. who cannot love the entrance shot when it rushes in from the side? i LOVE that. sure it seems like the mission itself was taylor made for the batwing to be used, but you could say the same thing about the batmobile (from ANY movie), batskiboat, batboat, bat-ice hammer thing, etc. i love the batmobile as much as the next guy, but as a kid i remember the batwing always being cooler.

Heh. "Bat-ice hammer thing." That's my point. It's ridiculous.

But yeah, to each his own, I guess.

why is everyone against the batwing?

I'm not, I love the Batwing, but you gotta look at the logic. Nolan wants to keep his Batman movie's believable, adding the Batwing would take that away.

Honestly, I can do without it. I really wish I could see some cable swinging from building to building but that will never happen in Nolan's realistic world. This isn't Spider-Man, although the Bat has been cable swinging for decades from the very beginning.

wasn't cable swinging from a runaway monorail enough for you :o

well, we know that in The Dark Knight Batman goes to china. So what if in another film he goes abroad again to catch a villian and needs the batplane.

Also, in terms of landing he could just do what they did in Mask of the Phantasm, ste it to autopilot it'll land on a roof he'll jump ouit and take out the baddys.

m01.gif

it's very simple....

have a batboat/wing hybrid

it's very small and one man vehicle capable of flying and also being a boat. Having it dropping out of a plane for cinematic effect and then diving down into gotham harbour for some chase scene.

have it boost jumping and flying/gliding over some small areas of land before catching the next part of a canal. In the same light, have it diving water to miss bridges so it's a complete swan like vehicle.

Call it the swan or kingfisher or batwing. Ultimately it delivers two feasible vehicles in one.

it doesn't have to be much bigger than the boat used by bond in the world is not enough, just better styled

bond_boat.jpg

I'd still like to see the BW, I like your idea Odin, but I'm not sure Nolan would spring for "the Swan." The boat/wing hybrid would work very well in a movie with Killer Croc

If he got a batwing from Foxx it would likely jet from one end of the city to the other end in ten seconds anyway.

There. Justification for the Batwing right here.

even if I think it'd be pointless, I still think he needs a Batwing, Batman is a guy who's ready for ANYTHING, facing unpredictable enemies like the Joker, he would need something in case he had to get airborne. I don't see it happening in these movies though.

2bh if you look at the episode in BTAS Robin's Reckoning. The bit where Batman is in the batplane looking for dick. You see people running and hiding when they see. Wouldn't that be a reason for Bruce to have it. To strike fear in the criminals so tehy know he's everywhere. Land, sea and air.

That's the exact moment I think of when I think of the Batwing. There wouldn't even be a chase in Batman Begins if he was just able to fly over everything.

Plus it'd be quite an image to have him drop out of the plane gliding down in that thing while it hovers. The great thing about it is it can be completely silent and unseen when he wants it to be.

Over here at our wb theme park
there is a begins themed ride called the batwing spaceshot, the design looks more like militaryish

004.jpg

this would be a cool concept
painted black of course

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back