The Amazing Spider-Man Is Jamie Bell Spider-Man?

That is what is worrying me, that they will be all about the quips and forget the heart, and we will end up with a pain in the ass onscreen.
Hopefully whoever is cast has both heart and smartassian qualities.
He doesn't have to be a generic looking heart throb either.

:up:

Yuck! I could not stand him in jumper I hope this is just a rumor.

Not really a fan of this dude. Doesn't strike me as Parker. I would prefer an actual teenager for the role.

I Like this casting, more so than Tobey. Bell's a terrific actor. Hope this turns up true.

Last edited:
NO!!!!!!

He's ugly and he's 5'7''!!!!!!!!!! That's Wolverine's height!! And if anyone is saying he's playing a sixteen year old, what about future movies? He's 24 for crying out loud he's not growing anymore.

wolverine is NOT 5'7. Spidey is hardly a towering monument anyway. Spidey's what, 5'9 5'10.

Hollywood always cast 20 somethings and even 30 somethings as teenagers all the time. Some convincing some not but I wouldn't cry foul if Bell was cast. He's a solid actor and I for one think he'd do a superior job than what Maguire did. Go watch films like Billy elliot or defiance.

But anyway like someone said, until sony announces the casting, this is all heresay at best.

i think he will be great as spidey if its true.

dumbo66.jpg

peter and mary jane go for a night on the town :awesome:

@spider-neil: Ha, that made me lol.

Egh, I'm done taking all these rumors seriously, Sony just needs to come out and announce everything already because this is getting a bit ridiculous. That being said, I don't like Jamie Bell as Spider-Man, at all. I'm still on the Logan Lerman boat.

wolverine is NOT 5'7. Spidey is hardly a towering monument anyway. Spidey's what, 5'9 5'10.

Hollywood always cast 20 somethings and even 30 somethings as teenagers all the time. Some convincing some not but I wouldn't cry foul if Bell was cast. He's a solid actor and I for one think he'd do a superior job than what Maguire did. Go watch films like Billy elliot or defiance.

But anyway like someone said, until sony announces the casting, this is all heresay at best.

What I meant was 5'7'' is more suitable for a guy playing Wolverine NOT Spider-Man. And sure, his bio says 5'7'', but we all know everyone lies about their height, especially shorter guys, so he's probably 5'5''.

My one wish was that they got someone taller than Maguire, but they did the complete opposite.

I seriously don't know where people get the idea Spider-Man is supposed to be short and ugly.

What I meant was 5'7'' is more suitable for a guy playing Wolverine NOT Spider-Man. And sure, his bio says 5'7'', but we all know everyone lies about their height, especially shorter guys, so he's probably 5'5''.

My one wish was that they got someone taller than Maguire, but they did the complete opposite.

I seriously don't know where people get the idea Spider-Man is supposed to be short and ugly.

It comes from the original stories where Parker was presented as a kid who couldn't get a date and yes even though he grew into his looks the overall idea of Peter Parker is that he's meant to be the kind of guy who doesn't turn heads/who people easily ignore . We're meant to believe that, for example, he got Gwen Stacy and Mary Jane because of his nice guy personality and not his looks so Raimi pushed for Tobey because he wanted that element to be believable to the members of the audience. Assuming Bell has been cast, I can see a director with independent sensibilities like Webb wanting the same thing.

Last edited:
It's not like he couldn't 'play' a smartass given that he's, y'know, an actor. But I'm surprised they went with someone who's just finished a movie like Tintin - if that's a hit then won't he be more associated with that in peoples' minds? So much for the blank canvas approach. Maybe Sony are counting on him being a massive star by the time their film comes out.

Sony going for actors that are the same age as Tobey when he picked up the part. I think they are sort of missing the point.

We all know Peter Parker isn't a ladies man but one would expect Sony to hire an actor who was "good looking" to lure in the female fans, not a pretty boy like Zak Efron but at least someone who's easy on the eyes. No offense to Jamie Bell but he looks too gawky even for Parker.

What happened to Logan Lerman anyway, wasn't he a shoe-in for the part? is he too young? why don't Sony make up their mind?

Pete Parker from what I've gathered after reading spider-man comics for more than 20 years is actually a good looking guy. As a teenager though, his looks were masked by his dorky glasses, nerdy demeanour and his overall lack of social status and near-impoverished lifestyle.

As he got older, it was just a case of Peter being an average jo with the perception of there being nothing particularly special about him, hence Felicia's initial reaction.

I like Jamie Bell very much. He should have been Scott Pilgrim, imo.

Still, Emile Hirsch would have been pretty good, I think. He kinda reminds me of JRSR Peter...

Well of the five choices he is by far the best . However, he's the richest man in the poor house imo. I still think of the names we heard, Lerman is the best and fit the bill like a glove imo, but if it's Bell , I'll won't complain.

Bell is the most solid actor on 'that' list. Yes he may have Dumbo ears and aint that good looking,but after watching a few things,Im pretty much convinced he could indeed play Spider-Man.

At least it wont be the dreaded,hormonal teen flick.

We need charismatic and experienced actors for this sort of thing. Not that stuck-up, big-headed, overrated, insulting and racist, Donald Glover. That guy is an *******

Well first off Tobey is one inch taller, but according to you that's more like 5'6''. And second I don't think these guys can lie about their height considering they're actors and their height plays a big role in whether or not they get a part. And last, I totally agree with you I wanted a slightly taller Peter. But you have to remember this is based on Ultimate Spider-Man and Peter is suppose to be about 5'5''.

With all that said, Login Lerman is 5'8''. Which sounds good to me.

We need charismatic and experienced actors for this sort of thing. Not that stuck-up, big-headed, overrated, insulting and racist, Donald Glover. That guy is an *******
Watched some of his stand up I see.

Watched some of his stand up I see.

I sure did...He is a pure little grade A *******. Seriously,if he was cast as Spider-Man I would spit blood at the screen,the posters,I would even spit at the frickin toys.:cmad:

It comes from the original stories where Parker was presented as a kid who couldn't get a date and yes even though he grew into his looks the overall idea of Peter Parker is that he's meant to be the kind of guy who doesn't turn heads/who people easily ignore . We're meant to believe that, for example, he got Gwen Stacy and Mary Jane because of his nice guy personality and not his looks so Raimi pushed for Tobey because he wanted that element to be believable to the members of the audience. Assuming Bell has been cast, I can see a director with independent sensibilities like Webb wanting the same thing.

He was never short, he was just skinny until he got bit by the spider. He wasn't ugly either, he wore those glasses and dressed like a nerd. The proof is right there in Ditko and Romita's work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"