The Amazing Spider-Man Is Norman Osborn confirmed?

Doomed_hero

Superhero
Reaction score
I dont like making thread , but I couldnt find this anywhere so I wanted to see if anyone knew. I dont belive they can make a spider-man movie without harry and norman there, even just in the backround.

No, but apparently they're looking for a Proto-Goblin, so we'll probably see Norman.

There is absolutely no confirmation of Proto-Goblin. I repeat: none, whatsoever.

There is no confirmation of Proto Goblin and there is no confirmation of Norman. The fact that they haven't cast Norman yet makes me think he isn't going to play a big part in this series. If Norman was going to be developed over a trilogy, they would have hired someone to play him already. That said, he may appear in the second or this may just be a loose reboot where they take into account the previous 3 films and don't reuse any villains...who knows.

I have a feeling they're going to be saving Norman Osborn (and Harry Osborn as well) for a possible sequel. However, if this Van Atter guy does turn out to the "Proto-Goblin," I have a feeling he'll transform into that during the films climax, resulting in a climatic battle in which Spidey and the Lizard team-up against him. Then, when he dies, we see OsCorp scientist smuggle his body away from the morgue, implying that their autopsy on him will be use to reverse engineer the Goblin formula.

If he wasn't already Captain Stacey, I'd say Denis Leary would be good.

Keep in mind that:

A. There's still plenty of time to cast Norman Osborn, if they're going to include him in this film.

B. Rhys Ifan's character is not confirmed. All we have to go on are that the character requires "warmth and rage" and that Sony didn't outright deny the Lizard. But a lack of denial does not equal a confirmation. I'm not saying I expect Ifan to be Norman, but it's possible.

Keep in mind that:

A. There's still plenty of time to cast Norman Osborn, if they're going to include him in this film.

B. Rhys Ifan's character is not confirmed. All we have to go on are that the character requires "warmth and rage" and that Sony didn't outright deny the Lizard. But a lack of denial does not equal a confirmation. I'm not saying I expect Ifan to be Norman, but it's possible.

Wasn't it reported somewhere, though, that the filmmakers were looking to cast Billy Connors? That right there indicates that the Lizard is going to be the main villain. Also, I imagine the filmmakers, in rebooting the film, don't want to cast Norman and Harry Osborn just yet for perhaps similar reasons why Mary Jane is apparently not in the film--they want to have the new film series as being separate from Raimi's trilogy, so don't introduce the arch-villain just yet. Kind of like what Christopher Nolan did with his Batman films with regards to the Joker.

Wasn't it reported somewhere, though, that the filmmakers were looking to cast Billy Connors? That right there indicates that the Lizard is going to be the main villain. Also, I imagine the filmmakers, in rebooting the film, don't want to cast Norman and Harry Osborn just yet for perhaps similar reasons why Mary Jane is apparently not in the film--they want to have the new film series as being separate from Raimi's trilogy, so don't introduce the arch-villain just yet. Kind of like what Christopher Nolan did with his Batman films with regards to the Joker.
That's all it is, though. A report from a random site somewhere on the internet. Has anyone from Sony or anyone involved in the film said anything about Billy Connors? This is a case of fanboys projecting their hopes onto everything. We want to see the Lizard, so we're interpreting all the news and rumors through that lens.

It is very much possible Harry and Norman aren't in this. I hope not, but it could be a Cyclops/Jean Grey thing again.

Keep in mind that:

If Norman is a major character...no, they are literally about to start filming. If he is a minor character and will have little or not much to do in this film then yes there is still time but I think we have our main characters cast.

The uncertainty with Rhys Ifans is that he looks like he can be any one of the villains.

I dont like making thread , but I couldnt find this anywhere so I wanted to see if anyone knew. I dont belive they can make a spider-man movie without harry and norman there, even just in the backround.

I don't see Osborn as that crucial a story element. Between Gwen Stacy's death and Osborn's rebirth as a Luthor style villain/buisnessman in the 90s Spidey's mythos ran pretty well without him. Even Harry's brief run as the Goblin in the mid 70s was more about helping his crazed ex roomate than dealing with a real criminal threat.

Not yet but with this Proto-Goblin, he could be mentioned

^^ Tbh, if Proto-Goblin is in the film, which I think he is not, I think Norman will most likely be in it as well. It would make more sense that way, IMO.

I don't see Osborn as that crucial a story element. Between Gwen Stacy's death and Osborn's rebirth as a Luthor style villain/buisnessman in the 90s Spidey's mythos ran pretty well without him. Even Harry's brief run as the Goblin in the mid 70s was more about helping his crazed ex roomate than dealing with a real criminal threat.

While not needed at all times, I live the harry-peter friendship is essential since it adds so muc of a deeper elment rto some storuies. When Harry died in the comics, itwas built up for years and tragic. Which is why I am so pissed he is back, Worse then the marriage to me.

That's all it is, though. A report from a random site somewhere on the internet. Has anyone from Sony or anyone involved in the film said anything about Billy Connors? This is a case of fanboys projecting their hopes onto everything. We want to see the Lizard, so we're interpreting all the news and rumors through that lens.

Exactly, I get the feeling that even though Connors maybe be the main villain; his family will play little role in this film. I don't see Martha & Billy having a major influence in this film.

This film appear to be shaping up more towards the development of Peter's relationship with Gwen, George and the Stacy Clan; than any personal relationship with Connors and his family.

Also, I'm getting the feeling Norm and Son may not be apart of Webb's series of films. Norm should have been cast by now, regardless how mute his role maybe in the 1st reboot. Norm is an intricate part of the development of people choice in taking responsibility for having great power. Why I still hold strong to the belief, until Sony cast either Norm or Harry, that this is a loose contiuation to Raimi's film... keep in mind, Vandy script was originally written to be SM4, directed by Raimi...until the bridge collasped on Raimi's relations with Sony producers.

I wouldn't be surprise if Kingsley become the big power-broker arming and genetically modifying villains in Webb's adoption. Proto may be the prototype; as far as the modifying the serum is concern, for the new HobGlobin. The intrigue may eventually be, whose Hobby.

Just saying.....

Exactly, I get the feeling that even though Connors maybe be the main villain; his family will play little role in this film. I don't see Martha & Billy having a major influence in this film.

This film appear to be shaping up more towards the development of Peter's relationship with Gwen, George and the Stacy Clan; than any personal relationship with Connors and his family.

Also, I'm getting the feeling Norm and Son may not be apart of Webb's series of films. Norm should have been cast by now, regardless how mute his role maybe in the 1st reboot. Norm is an intricate part of the development of people choice in taking responsibility for having great power. Why I still hold strong to the belief, until Sony cast either Norm or Harry, that this is a loose contiuation to Raimi's film... keep in mind, Vandy script was originally written to be SM4, directed by Raimi...until the bridge collasped on Raimi's relations with Sony producers.

I wouldn't be surprise if Kingsley become the big power-broker arming and genetically modifying villains in Webb's adoption. Proto may be the prototype; as far as the modifying the serum is concern, for the new HobGlobin. The intrigue may eventually be, whose Hobby.

Just saying.....
I'm not sure that I believe this. It doesn't add up. The cast is clearly and intentionally younger. Spider-Man 3 ends with Peter and MJ repairing their relationship, yet MJ doesn't appear in this film at all.

I'm not sure that I believe this. It doesn't add up. The cast is clearly and intentionally younger. Spider-Man 3 ends with Peter and MJ repairing their relationship, yet MJ doesn't appear in this film at all.

The cast being younger is a minor point, simply because the characters are portrayed as still being young. Unless, they are being portrayed as being in HS; then, you may have a point.

As far as MJ and Pete is concern, no one knows if their relationship was repaired or not, at the end of the film. They could simply have had one final dance, one final embrace; before MJ decide she can't continue in this manner, and move on. Easily explained and written out. We simply don't know....and that give us, people in these forums, room for much speculation.

This is what I suspect until otherwise noted, as stated.

if norman is purely norman with no transformation into the GG then he can be cast late as his scenes wont require special effects.

But if they required prosthetics or a form fitting suit/mask then he would already have been hired to perfect the costume to form fit the actors face. I am going to guess we won't see Norman this film and if we do it will be a very, very small role.

But if they required prosthetics or a form fitting suit/mask then he would already have been hired to perfect the costume to form fit the actors face. I am going to guess we won't see Norman this film and if we do it will be a very, very small role.

it's entirely possible that if norman is in the movie he may purely be in a 'lex luther' type role, pulling strings and making peter's life hell. he can experiement on 'proto-goblin (already cast) and perfect the formula to become GG in a future movie.

Also remember that if the rumors behind this movie are true, he has been Spider-Man for a while. So...where is Norman? I still really have seen nothing behind the statements that this is a full on reboot. I still think they are going the TIH route and making their own movie with very loose ties to the former movies to not completely confuse the GA.

Also remember that if the rumors behind this movie are true, he has been Spider-Man for a while. So...where is Norman? I still really have seen nothing behind the statements that this is a full on reboot. I still think they are going the TIH route and making their own movie with very loose ties to the former movies to not completely confuse the GA.

the movie could be set a couple of years into spidey's career. supervillians are being created and spidey doesn't know how or way. norman could be a 'kingpin' pulling strings from the shadows.

they should give me the script writing chores :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"