• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Is special effects technology finally ready for the Hulk?

-Starts a slow clap-

Agreed. -wipes tear away- simply agreed.

Continues slow clap :woot:!

I gotta ask a question though I'm sorry I just have to ask this. How can people complain that characters like Hulk & Spiderman etc doesnt look "REAL" onscreen.:hehe: Aren't they like... Comic book characters? :lmao: How can you make something look real onscreen when there origin is based on fiction in the first place. I understand you saying something like.. that Tornado they try to portray in the movie looks fake heck even that Dinosaur they try to portray looks fake. But the Hulk is fake in the first place so why complain that he doesnt look real. I'm sorry maybe I'm just old fashion but just give me a big green guy that looks something close to the comics as possible and I'm happy.
Peace! :cool:

Never said that. But they are undoubtedly the top 2 sfx houses right now, so for a big blockbuster film such as this, I would've preferred them. They've consistently surpassed expectations, so forgive me if I want the same treatment for Hulk.

It means it was good cg work. The likes of POTC2, TF, and Kong is what I'm talking about. Films whose fx they constantly reference and praise. Films that are used to see where the bar is currently at, so they may surpass it. When was the last time Narnia was mentioned among those leagues?

That's all good and well, if their human cgi on SR didn't looks outright obvious. There isn't one scene in that film where you couldn't tell if it was a cgi Superman or not.

Maybe you'd like to cite where I ever tried to state any facts about the film, hm?

I stated my worries and concerns. I do want this film to be a success, but the short timeframe and it's huge reliance on excellent cgi from a 2nd rate sfx house, have me a bit doubtful that they can pull it off.
sony imageworks modeled,animated and rendered CGI brandon routh :cwink:

Special effects technology was ready for the Hulk in 2003, considering how they made a very realistic looking Hulk back then.

there is no doubt that it can create things leaps and bounds ahead of what we had 5 years ago.
Weta Workshop made far more realistic CGI than Ang Lee's Hulk, already back in 2001. A lot depends on who's behind the controls.

Hulk 2k3 was extremely impressive, especially considering the skin and musculature physics, and the compositing of him in the real environments is just as impressive.

I think the things that didn't help, as somebody else mentioned, was the over saturated colors(green and purples) and relatively uniform skin texture, and the face(too human). Adding body hair to break up the skin surface and accentuating the face would have helped greatly.

Hulk should grow a Peter Griffin style mustache.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing the Hulk with a beard.

Beards make everything better. Except women. And fish.

See, the problem with this is that the whole argument the "general public" had about the Hulk was the cgi. Yes, people hated the slow pace, and I definitely disliked some of the liberties taken with the character (origin, size etc.), but far and away, most of the complaints I heard had something to do with the cgi. All the other films can get away with it because the whole main character isn't cgi, real actors still have to give real performances. There's nothing Norton can do once the Hulk is on the screen, its either gonna capture the minds and imaginations of the audience or it won't. Ang's film had some fantastic shots, all most of us want (I think) is more consistency throughout the whole movie, and everything will be fine...

Look at the stuff from Ghostbusters....you watch that knowing full well it's all prosthetics and claymation, but you still laugh and look at the non-human characters as more than just f/x. Those terror dogs animated like ****, but their design more than made up for it. Same with Hulk. What it boils down to is, comic books, as realistic as they get, have been nothing more than cartoons and paintings. No one knows how they would move or look in real life, because 95% of that stuff is impossible to do in the real world.

Look at the stuff from Ghostbusters....you watch that knowing full well it's all prosthetics and claymation, but you still laugh and look at the non-human characters as more than just f/x. Those terror dogs animated like ****, but their design more than made up for it. Same with Hulk. What it boils down to is, comic books, as realistic as they get, have been nothing more than cartoons and paintings. No one knows how they would move or look in real life, because 95% of that stuff is impossible to do in the real world.
This is kindah my point in a nutshell

This is true to a point, but you can definitely have a consistent look throughout the whole movie, which was the problem I had with the first film. It's not the fact that the Hulk didn't look ultra realistic, because to me at times he certainly looked darn close. The issue is that he should look darn close for the whole duration, not wildly different from scene to scene.

The technology was available and proven in 2003, now that we are in 2008, i only want to see improvement on the 2003 version.

The technology was available and proven in 2003, now that we are in 2008, i only want to see improvement on the 2003 version.

Then you should be happy, because from what we've seen so far, there has been an improvement in design.

They are leaps and bounds ahead of 2003 and depending on who is at the helm, we are in for a big surprise. The crew assembled to generate this franchise is Oscar caliber. I believe the bar is set higher than Iron Man's and we as a fan base expect a great product and storyline. I believe we will get both.

Is anyone else besides me a little worried that Rhythm and Hues is doing the effects, their stuff seems to always look fake.

Is anyone else besides me a little worried that Rhythm and Hues is doing the effects, their stuff seems to always look fake.

Explain.

The company is well known for its character animation. For "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe," the studio's work included the film's well-received CG lion Aslan. Earlier character work included "Babe," which won an Academy Award for achievement in visual effects. I'd say The Hulk is in good hands.

Rhythm and Hues can make things that shouldn't move fluid, move fluid. Their entire role in that Cats and Dogs flick was very well done for 2001, mostly the Russian cat that looked way too realistic.

russian.jpg

we will see.
when you render your hulk you have to also set him in the real enviorment(real footage).
plus dust,shadows,.....

bla bla bla
there is tons of stuff. we will see how it will look in summer.

we will see.
when you render your hulk you have to also set him in the real enviorment(real footage).
plus dust,shadows,.....

bla bla bla
there is tons of stuff. we will see how it will look in summer.
The Hulk will look fine. They are working overtime to get it right. hence, no trailer yet. Hint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"