Kevin Feige says no to another Hulk Movie.

Idk hulk has a theme of always being a misunderstood unpredictable monster. That's who the character is. Making him a legit hero shortly after his creation would have kinda destroyed what his character is about honestly. It wouldn't make sense for the avengers to keep such a destructive wild card on the team and it kinda screws with his solo book

Hulk did not have a solo book when the Avengers came out. His own book had been canceled 6 months before, and his solo series in Tales to Astonish was at least a year away - it was in that ToA series that Ditko laid the ground work for the Hulk we know and love today...

Hulk did not have a solo book when the Avengers came out. His own book had been canceled 6 months before, and his solo series in Tales to Astonish was at least a year away - it was in that ToA series that Ditko laid the ground work for the Hulk we know and love today...

I wasn't talking about a current hulk series... Im talking about a hulk series in general. The future of hulk would have been drastically different if he stayed with the avengers

While I support her Ruffalo enthusiasm; she makes some bold, and IMHO completely wrong, prouncements. She claims that TIH was a huge failure and that Iron Man 3 angered fans and is "suffering at the box office". These statements are ludicrous. IM3 is making a ton of money and nearly everyone enjoyed it. The "fans" who are upset are upset because its too different not because it's not a good film. I disagree wih her.
Iron Man 3 is going to be the second biggest Marvel movie of all time.

Interview with Leterrier on TIH, Norton, and Ruffalo over on CBM (originated at the Huffington Post) ....

No Script:

"I've started movies without screenplays both on "Clash" and on "Hulk" and that is tremendously stressful, because you have a tendency to overcompensate with effects. You haven't tested it in your head. You didn't run it over and over again and covered all of the plot holes and figure it out. It's a marathon that you sprint. "Now You See Me" was longer and it was a great script to start with."

As he points out, once he landed The Incredible Hulk gig and was told the film was set to be released in a year, he was surprised to find out that the Marvel didn't even have a script for him.

Another Incredible Hulk issue that was well-documented, was that Ed Norton and Louis were butting heads on how the film should be cut. According to Louis it's not as bad as the media has made it out to be. In fact the two hung out at the New York premiere of his new film, and Louis gushed about the love that the two have for each other.

So what was the issue on Hulk? Well, Louis says, "It literally was about one scene. It's one scene that still in the movie. It was either the long version of the scene or the short version of the scene. Edward wanted the longer version of the scene and I wanted the shorter version."

Which scene was this?

"It was the psychoanalysis scene. It was a very interesting character scene -- to go back to what we were talking about. It was analysis, going into the dark places of Bruce Banner -- very adult themes. It was a great scene and the scene is on the DVD. But also the start of the movie, something I did, which is Bruce Banner walking to the edge of the world to commit suicide, then the Hulk saves him. And the studio said, "There's no way we are starting this movie with a guy putting a gun into his mouth." Which I understand, but then it was informing who this character was and his relationship with his alter-ego. All of that stuff made it deeper, if you will."

Louis also reveals that Mark Ruffalo was his first choice for Banner, but Marvel, funny enough, fought with that casting choice, and he ended up with Ed Norton instead. Not too shabby.

"When people are asking me, because Mark Ruffalo is in this one, who's the better of the Bruce Banners -- both are great; both are fantastic -- but I actually wanted to cast Mark Ruffalo as Hulk and Marvel was like "No, you should get Edward Norton because he's more famous." So you see what I am saying? They are the ones who wanted Edward -- and I was thrilled to meet him and work with him. I wanted Mark Ruffalo. And they were like, "No, no, he just does smart, intellectual movies." Which makes sense, then and there in his career. But that's I how know him. We've stayed in touch and it's why he said "absolutely" when I offered him the part in this one."

Last edited:
If IM3 making $337 million domestic after 3 weekends, and over $1 billion worldwide is 'suffering' at the box office, I'd love to know what the hell they consider a hit to be, lol.

Youtube is a gold mine for mis-informed ignorant morons.

A hit is Batman Begins, a film that made about $350 million world wide, but satisfied their fanboy urges. Iron Man 3 was just fine and it's doing great, but because it wasn't what some people had expected they'll do everything in their power to say otherwise.

Not sure what Leterrier is talking about. That scene isn't in the movie.

Honestly, I could tell at Comic-Con in 2007 that Norton felt he was the "guy in charge." Leterrier IMHO was acting submissive to him during that panel.

A hit is Batman Begins, a film that made about $350 million world wide, but satisfied their fanboy urges. Iron Man 3 was just fine and it's doing great, but because it wasn't what some people had expected they'll do everything in their power to say otherwise.

I didn't like it much, but I wouldn't say it's underperforming at the BO. You gotta know to separate things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"