• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

Is Svartalfheim and the other Nine Realms what you expected them to look like?

the only thing we've seen close to looking like Hel is the Portals in the sky. I'm Thinking since Hel is labeled on Erik's blackboard, that Muspelheim is PART of Hel, and maybe Alfheim and Nidavellir are planets in Asgard's Realm. Nobody's seen them yet tho.

Or they could be saving them in future Thor movies and Thor 2 showing a glimpse of Muspelheim could be a hint that it will be featured in the next Thor movie.

I was thinking that perhaps the place where the Aether was hidden was Hel. It could have been Svartalfheim, but it wouldn't make sense to leave it there IMO.

Or they could be saving them in future Thor movies and Thor 2 showing a glimpse of Muspelheim could be a hint that it will be featured in the next Thor movie.

Any one think those orbs of light at the funeral are the souls of the fallen Asgardians ascending to Hel?

Why would they "ascend" to Hel? Considering who they were, Valhalla seems more likely.

Why would they "ascend" to Hel? Considering who they were, Valhalla seems more likely.

I don't know if Valhalla is an after life in the MCU. I though it was just a training ground for Asgardian warriors in the MCU. Hel is just another realm that is away from Asgard so when I say when I say "ascend" I mean floating into Asgardian space towards Hel.

I know Thor maked the comment about Volstagg dieing and going to Valhalla in Thor 1 but i aslo remember reading some where they said that Valhalla was just a training ground in Thor the Dark World.

Last edited:
I don't know if Valhalla is an after life in the MCU. I though it was just a training ground for asgardian warriors in the MCU. Hel is just another relm that is away from asgard so when i say when i say ascend I mean floating into asgardian space towards Hel.
From the first film-

And, Volstagg, who introduced you to delicacies so succulent you thought you'd died and gone to Valhalla?

They seem to see it as their warrior heaven.

Svartalfheim looked good. Especially if you consider there have been no dark elves there for a millennium and that it's supposed to be a land without light and that's what Malekith was striving toward.

I don't know much about Vanaheim but it was pretty cool. I guess Hogun is Vanir? Interesting.

So we've seen 5/9 realms. I assume in the sequel we will see Muspelheim and Nidavellir and perhaps Niffleheim and Alfheim. Some or all of those at least.

Well technically Vahalla is the Warriors heaven Hel in the Viking terms isn't like Christians think of it. It's a place non-Warriors go.

The best way to see this is the Hulk vs Thor movie. Banner goes to hel BUT it is like a heaven for him. He has a wife, a child and a peaceful life.

Well technically Vahalla is the Warriors heaven Hel in the Viking terms isn't like Christians think of it. It's a place non-Warriors go.

The best way to see this is the Hulk vs Thor movie. Banner goes to hel BUT it is like a heaven for him. He has a wife, a child and a peaceful life.

So would [BLACKOUT]Frigga[/BLACKOUT] be going to Hel or Valhalla? I mean...[BLACKOUT]she is royalty AND she died in "battle" with Malekith and Kurse. But she wasn't technically a "warrior", right?[/BLACKOUT]

Yeah, but wasn't everyone who died a warrior?

Personally I thought Svartafleim should've been less 'digitized' looking, like how it looked in the first trailer. It's so CGIed that they could've just used green screen and a set instead.

So would [BLACKOUT]Frigga[/BLACKOUT] be going to Hel or Valhalla? I mean...[BLACKOUT]she is royalty AND she died in "battle" with Malekith and Kurse. But she wasn't technically a "warrior", right?[/BLACKOUT]
Frigga's a Shield Maiden in the Movies, so she'd be going to Valhalla. Tho she also Taught Loki MAGIC I kind of wonder where she would go now that you mention it. lol

Yeah, but wasn't everyone who died a warrior?
in Dark world? No, remember the very beginning Vanahaim was being attacked and children and farmers running around, not everyone is a warrior.

Last edited:
in Dark world? No, remember the very beginning Vanahaim was being attacked and children and farmers running around, not everyone is a warrior.
I meant during the funeral sequence. They even gave them a warriors burial.

My own guess: the distinction is moot, because *every* Asgardian is a warrior. */Asgardian philosophy*

the only thing we've seen close to looking like Hel is the Portals in the sky. I'm Thinking since Hel is labeled on Erik's blackboard, that Muspelheim is PART of Hel, and maybe Alfheim and Nidavellir are planets in Asgard's Realm. Nobody's seen them yet tho.

I realllllly hope we see Hel in Thor 3... and I've always thought hell should look like a dark world of caves, but the caverns be shiny like lava rock/glass, and the fire/lava in hel is all green.

I realllllly hope we see Hel in Thor 3... and I've always thought hell should look like a dark world of caves, but the caverns be shiny like lava rock/glass, and the fire/lava in hel is all green.
me too seeing Hel, Muspelheim and Niffleheim would be cool!

I was thinking that perhaps the place where the Aether was hidden was Hel. It could have been Svartalfheim, but it wouldn't make sense to leave it there IMO.

I was thinking the same thing.

nyf6.png

Now that... is very cool. Are the other realms concept art or are they fan depictions? We only got to see some (or should I say, a tease) of the realms, but not all of them.

You do an AMAZING job and you're going to hate me for saying this, BUT, those floating structures on the right of the Asgard picture don't float like a mobile, they rotate like a merry-go-round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"