Is Svartalfheim and the other Nine Realms what you expected them to look like?

You do an AMAZING job and you're going to hate me for saying this, BUT, those floating structures on the right of the Asgard picture don't float like a mobile, they rotate like a merry-go-round.

Oh thanks, but I didn't actually make those structures by hand, I just used a concept art.

Oh thanks, but I didn't actually make those structures by hand, I just used a concept art.

If you watch Thor, and find the scene with that structure in it. You can see them SLOWLY turning/spinning.
I wish I knew where the concept art was, but it shows a circular RING-LIKE pad or platform on the mountain top that the sections follow around. Some of us thought it MIGHT be a form a prison, or possibly barracks.

Last edited:
Yggrdasil Nebula graphic that I made for approximate locations of the nine realms/worlds
4wzj.png

This may have been discussed before, but did anyone have a guess as to which realm Bor hid the Aether in when he zapped it away in the prologue, and where Jane later encounters it?

It wan't Midgard (because when Jane was there Heimdall said he couldn't see her in realm or something like that), I don't think Bor would bury it in Svartalfheim, it didn't look like it could be Jotunheim at all.

There was some sort of abandoned subterranean city around it, it looked to me. Niffelheim maybe?

EDIT: Oh duh, it was being discussed on the last page.
I was thinking that perhaps the place where the Aether was hidden was Hel. It could have been Svartalfheim, but it wouldn't make sense to leave it there IMO.

This may have been discussed before, but did anyone have a guess as to which realm Bor hid the Aether in when he zapped it away in the prologue, and where Jane later encounters it?

It wan't Midgard (because when Jane was there Heimdall said he couldn't see her in realm or something like that), I don't think Bor would bury it in Svartalfheim, it didn't look like it could be Jotunheim at all.

There was some sort of abandoned subterranean city around it, it looked to me. Niffelheim maybe?

EDIT: Oh duh, it was being discussed on the last page.
I don't know if he'd hide it there. I'm sure even in Bor's time there were Unhonorable people. I'd like to find that little detail myself actually lol

You do an AMAZING job and you're going to hate me for saying this, BUT, those floating structures on the right of the Asgard picture don't float like a mobile, they rotate like a merry-go-round.

Better?

1dfm.png

I'm so happy that the Vanir are Asiatic. Makes my day, mutha****as!

So on the DVD commentary, Feige labels these as Vanaheim, Jotunheim, Asgard, and Hel. We all assumed that was Muspelheim, but he seems very sure, and not that he is misspeaking (which is what I first thought), because he says it several times. Tom asks him if we'll see it again, and he says "maybe..."

Thor-2-Dark-World-Muspelheim-Fire-Realm-Easter-Egg.jpg

I can see it being Muspelheim over Hel seeing as one is supposed to be a place where Demons live over a place where the Dead go.

So on the DVD commentary, Feige labels these as Vanaheim, Jotunheim, Asgard, and Hel. We all assumed that was Muspelheim, but he seems very sure, and not that he is misspeaking (which is what I first thought), because he says it several times. Tom asks him if we'll see it again, and he says "maybe..."

Thor-2-Dark-World-Muspelheim-Fire-Realm-Easter-Egg.jpg

Right, Feige said it several times. But that doesn't necessarily mean that this is really Hel.

Even if you say something several times, you could still have mixed something up.

A question to those that are familiar with the comics. It might have been answered, but is Svartalfheim nothing but what looks like a barren wasteland? In the movie, Thor and Loki are traveling around the realm, and we see destroyed Dark Elves ships, which I'm assuming is from the war that was shown as the intro. Do the Dark Elves have cities/towns like Asgard? I saw the picture in the OP, so they live like Elves of Mirkwood? I was under the assumption that we only saw a portion of their realm that the movie takes place in.

Apparently they DID have cities and many were destroyed. They deleted scenes that were supposed to show what happened to Malekith's family that he mentions in a deleted scene with Algrim

Apparently they DID have cities and many were destroyed. They deleted scenes that were supposed to show what happened to Malekith's family that he mentions in a deleted scene with Algrim

Thanks, good to know. Now that you mentioned it, I do remember reading or watching an interview with Alan Taylor that there was suppose to be more background and development for the Dark Elves. Sucks that it didn't make it in the theatrical cut... I think it would have helped the movie.

I too wish those had made it at least as deleted scenes. One of the things in the movie that indicates that Svartalfheim is a created wasteland, and not what it had been, is when Malekith awakes. He goes out, puts some of the black soil in his hands and says "look upon my legacy, Algrim", seeming sad and then turning it into anger towards Asgard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"