The Avengers Is The Incredible Hulk still in the same continuity?

LightningFlash

Sidekick
Reaction score
Now, granted, the Hulk will be appearing in The Avengers, but I was just wondering about the 2008 film. So far, we have a new Bruce Banner, we have heard nothing about General Ross appearing in the film when he seemed like he'll be a big player when Tony Stark spoke to him at the end of TIH, and also for the fact that, any further Hulk film will feel like a reboot with a new main player such as Ruffalo. So, will The Incredible Hulk still be included in the same timeline for The Avengers? If not, I have a feeling TIH will feel like Bryan Singer's Superman Returns.

And If that's the case, then what we saw of the reporter at the wreckage of the Hulk's rage during the ending of Iron Man 2 could just be an easter egg of sorts for the Hulk to be appearing in the Avengers, and we could be given a different origin for the Hulk, as well as, we wouldn't need General Ross to be a big player in that movie as well, and HOPEFULLY, a new Betty Ross.

Thoughts?

Again, I'm not trying to start an argument, but more of a debate as changing characters for a secondary character such as Rhodey is much different than a main character such as Banner.

after seeing iron man 2 i assume stark at the end of TIH was speaking on shields behalf. so basically shield and stark were taking over for the military so ross would be out either way. its still a part of the continuity. they may even try to tie thor into the hulk movie. they have that one scene that was speculated over alot. people say thor was there during the thunderstorm that caused the miltary to stop their search for the hulk.

Yes. It would be stupid if it wasn't. Just because we have a new Banner doesn't mean they should forget about everything that happened in TIH and recast everyone else, too. In fact, I'm still hoping for Tim Blake Nelson as the Leader to show up sometime ( I would rather want him in a TIH sequel, but Marvel doesn't seem too keen on future Hulk movies at the moment).

Last edited:
So no one would really have a problem with a sequel to TIH with an entirely new Banner?

A new Bannner is irritating. But "a problem"?

Nyaaaaahhh!

(No RDJ for Stark is a "problem")

of course not. its still the same hulk and banner, just different actor. like the dark knight or iron man 2 recast, granted they werent the leads but still noticable.

i hope marvel does a tih2 and promotes it the right way. like Ive said before id love to see newcomer niell blomkamp step up to the plate and direct it with peter jackson producing. :D

i really think its unfair that iron man did get an immediate sequel, as im sure thor probably will as well, but marvel is crazy if they dont consider a hulk sequel. imo

of course not. its still the same hulk and banner, just different actor. like the dark knight or iron man 2 recast, granted they werent the leads but still noticable.

Recasting the leads, imo, is VERY noticeable.

I would not mind if they just reboot the Hulk with a new film after The Avengers, but having his "first" appearance in The Avengers with a whole new cast for Betty Ross, General Ross, and anyone else they desire.

I would not mind if they just reboot the Hulk with a new film after The Avengers, but having his "first" appearance in The Avengers with a whole new cast for Betty Ross, General Ross, and anyone else they desire.

that's what i said they would be very noticable but you can look past it if the hulk has a more prominent role. if the hulk actually spoke with people. im tired of waiting for banner to get angry the whole film.

its a bit confusing because banner had alot of story in the first one and we got used to it. i think if it was more about the hulk himself it woulndt hurt so much that norton isnt banner anymore, but now we will have more hulk screen time, if that is a fact, so i dont really care who is going to transform. it would have beeen a hell of cast with norton who gets people wanting to see such a movie even more but its ok the way it is....i hope

Eh, just think of it as the bastard child of the series.

All the Bond movies were the same continuity more or less. Same with the first series of Batman movies.

A new Bannner is irritating. But "a problem"?

Nyaaaaahhh!

(No RDJ for Stark is a "problem")

^^^^ In a nutshell.

I'd rather not have yet another Hulk reboot, thank you very much.

We've yet to see a Hulk movie that builds on the events of the movie that preceded it and so as yet there's absolutely ziltch Hulk continuity and there never will be if they 'just reboot' everytime one aspect of the production changes.

I worry about the continuity not because of the recast, but because of Whedon's comments on his approach to Banner (Bill Bixby-ish). It sounded like Joss won't approach the character in quite the same way as he was in TIH.

Even if Ruffalo does a great job, and I completely believe he will, if the character is being presented different in Avengers than in TIH, it won't seem cohesive at all.

Depends on whether they use the same Hulk design. If the Hulk design is different, then people probably wont make the connection. And the Hulk movie franchise will become a joke with so many recasts and so many hulks.

Depends on whether they use the same Hulk design. If the Hulk design is different, then people probably wont make the connection. And the Hulk movie franchise will become a joke with so many recasts and so many hulks.

Good point. I hope they don't change the design. For one I thought it was good, and for two, Ruffalo looks enough like it where you can buy that being the same person.

14576l.jpg

Last edited:
Exactly...
If you look at all the different posts and confusion made by comic book movie fans, think of how the general public is going to act.

THAT'S WHY, we ~need~ to keep the same Hulk design in order to have some semblance of continuity!

Just read my signature!

O.K, does TIH Hulk take place before or after Iron Man 2? In other words, are the Marvel films released in the same sequence that they happen in the universe....

All the Bond movies were the same continuity more or less. Same with the first series of Batman movies.

That doesn't make sense, lol. Especially comparing the first series of Batman films to Nolan's series.

O.K, does TIH Hulk take place before or after Iron Man 2? In other words, are the Marvel films released in the same sequence that they happen in the universe....

As of right now, it's: during Captain America, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk/Thor(both could be happening at the same time), the beginning and ending of Captain America, The Avengers

After.

The ending of The Incredible Hulk showed Stark proposing the plan of the Avengers (?).. and Iron Man 2 ended with Fury telling Stark about the Avengers Initiative.

Soo it's basically; Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk.

That's.. right, yeah?

Exactly...
If you look at all the different posts and confusion made by comic book movie fans, think of how the general public is going to act.

THAT'S WHY, we ~need~ to keep the same Hulk design in order to have some semblance of continuity!

Just read my signature!

Comic book movie fans are notorious for overexaggerating things like this. There was once a thread wondering if the general public needs to see why Lex Luthor is bald.

That doesn't make sense, lol. Especially comparing the first series of Batman films to Nolan's series.

It doesn't?

So you're saying that people had a hard time accepting that Bond and Batman were played by multiple actors? And when did I compare the first series to Nolan's movies (or even mention Nolan)?

they way i see it now, bruce banner might as well be marvels james bond or batman in terms of casting the role.

They better stick with Ruffalo & the cast of TIH. Thunderbolt in that movie was pretty damn good, if not perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"