The Avengers Is The Incredible Hulk still in the same continuity?

Meaning you're all worrying over something that ultimately isn't an issue.

Comic book movie fans are notorious for overexaggerating things like this. There was once a thread wondering if the general public needs to see why Lex Luthor is bald.

I wouldn't call this over-exaggerating at all. I'm just stating that the non-fanboy audience will think that Norton's film will just be rebooted since he was Banner then, but not Banner now.

It doesn't?

So you're saying that people had a hard time accepting that Bond and Batman were played by multiple actors? And when did I compare the first series to Nolan's movies (or even mention Nolan)?

No, I believe people accepted it, sure, but Daniel Craig as Bond was a reboot and there should be no comparisons to the other Bond films.

And you just made it sound like all the Batman films is in the same continuity, but my apologies on that one, lol.

i really think its unfair that iron man did get an immediate sequel, as im sure thor probably will as well, but marvel is crazy if they dont consider a hulk sequel. imo

I totally agree, seeing as how IM2 (while still a pretty good movie IMO) definitely wasn't as good as it could have been. In fact, I'm pretty sure I remember reading something about Favreau originally wanting to follow the 3-year release pattern of X-Men/X2 and Batman Begins/Dark Knight in order to have more time to guarantee a better movie. Seems to me like he should have gone with that feeling.

Or maybe hiring the Tropic Thunder writer (and I enjoyed that movie as well) was the mistake...

Did Fav really say that?

Yep, on his MySpace back in '08.

Jon Favreau said:
I am concerned, however, about the announced release date of April 2010. Neither Robert nor I were consulted about this and we are both concerned about how realistic the date is in light of the fact that we have no script, story or even writers hired yet. This genre of movie is best when it is done thoughtfully and with plenty of preparation. It might be better to follow the BB/DK, X/X2 three year release pattern than to scramble for a date. It is difficult because there are no Marvel 09 releases and they need product, but I also think we owe it to the fans to have a great version of IM2 and, at this point, we would have less time to make it than the first one.

Here's the link. Scroll down a ways and you'll see it:
http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?...viewThread&entryID=65391631&groupID=102795074

Meaning you're all worrying over something that ultimately isn't an issue.

Are you saying it isn't an issue because they're not going to redesign the Hulk or are you saying it isn't an issue because no one cares what the Hulk looks like?

They better stick with Ruffalo & the cast of TIH. Thunderbolt in that movie was pretty damn good, if not perfect.

I doubt this will happen. And Thunderbolt was way too soft.

They probably will stick with the same continuity, though. They can't be restarting everything every year. (but I sort of wish one day to see the Gamma Bomb origin on screen)

(but I sort of wish one day to see the Gamma Bomb origin on screen)

See, if we were to be given a new origin on Hulk, and if they were to call the TIH film the black sheep of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, then I'd prefer us hear some snippets regarding Dr. Banner throughout the Thor film and possibly as an after credits ending for Captain America(where they find Banner's cabin), but then showing off a new origin such as the gamma bomb during The Avengers. Have everyone inside the Helicarrier and Fury showing off some footage of when Dr. Banner was working for them on a new power source, but it erupted in his face, causing him to mutant into the Hulk the very first time. Have the Avengers' first mission to be securing the Hulk and finding out if he'll be an ally or an enemy(have the Hulk flee the scene during the after credits scene from Captain America).

:csad:

Actually, I wish they had the gamma bomb as his main origin with this continuity instead of him using the super soldier serum mixed with gamma rays.

Not a good idea to toss in a new origin. It's a really good way to completely screw up the continuity more so than recasting the lead. Imo.

i was wondering about the origin too...not having the bomb thing was like oh ok so they took the series route...no problem with that.
i also see that the stories can be and were rewritten( not meaning they should rewrite after any new film)
but there is continuity for the character itself...
like how he develops throughout the many stories.
it's going different directions each time but its always about a man trying to get rid of or trying to control the monster inside him.....
how to deal with such a curse ...
that it can be helpful even if it causes so many problem....
is it even a metaphor for war itself?

totally agreed with how the hulk should look from most of the posts in here...
tweak a few little things but let the main concept being more brute in there, also his movements were superb imo.

Not a good idea to toss in a new origin. It's a really good way to completely screw up the continuity more so than recasting the lead. Imo.

Maybe after this then, we'll finally get someone who'll bring in the gamma bomb in a next Hulk movie.

i dont want another reboot for a long time, but when the time comes, yes i want the gamma bomb origin.

well I saw a case in Smallville..where they had two actors play "Morgan Edge" and actually gave an explanation as to why the character looked different the second time we saw him (with a new actor playing the role) and that was because he had plastic surgery to protect him from his enemies.

Couldn't they perhaps go for some attempt and say that Bruce somehow found the means to get plastic surgery done on him so that he would be harder to find from anyone working for the government?

gosh i hope not. why not just act like nothing happened? worked for rhody and rachel in IM and tdk.

gosh i hope not. why not just act like nothing happened? worked for rhody and rachel in IM and tdk.

well none of them were the lead characters of their own films..

1. Rachel: The less said about Katie Holmes portrayal in the BB film..the better.lol

2. Rhody: Well...truth be told..i would have liked to have seen the original actor return for the second film..and while his recasting bothered me a bit...at least he wasn't the main character of the film

But Edward Norton was the main star of the Hulk and well..it just feels weirder for no explanation story wise being given for the change of his appearance.

It'll be fine, I don't think they'll need to explain why banner looks different. People will catch on....hopefully lol.

Exactly.

People in the real world (i.e. the general audience) will of course be only all too aware that the lead actor has been replaced but to the characters in the movie, the person will just be the same guy. As such, absolutely no explanation is needed imo and I really cant beleive that there are some people who think that there is one required.

The role has been recast and the guy on screen is going to look a tad different from the last fella; but so what?

I have a feeling we may get Joss Whedon version of the Hulk because Marvel seems to let directors have to much freedom & doesn't force them to follow a continuity guideline or Marvel movie bible of do & don't. Until we have that anyones guess is valid. I'm of the opinion that we may see some tweeking of Hulk but not much. A kind of making Hulk Ruffalos & I don't mean a major overhaul but an upgrade in effects and a slightly different look. Like maybe the hair or something. Kind of how Marvel lets the cb artist do. We also could see the exact same Hulk with updated effects just to keep the fans quite. And make a more seemless transition.

There is no way they got Ruff to sign for one apperance in the Avengers. I'm sure he got a 3 or 4 picture deal to star in his own Hulk movies. Marvel knows if they finally get the Hulk right it will make tons of money.

I have a feeling we may get Joss Whedon version of the Hulk because Marvel seems to let directors have to much freedom & doesn't force them to follow a continuity guideline or Marvel movie bible of do & don't. Until we have that anyones guess is valid. I'm of the opinion that we may see some tweeking of Hulk but not much. A kind of making Hulk Ruffalos & I don't mean a major overhaul but an upgrade in effects and a slightly different look. Like maybe the hair or something. Kind of how Marvel lets the cb artist do. We also could see the exact same Hulk with updated effects just to keep the fans quite. And make a more seemless transition.

That's not what this article says:
http://cinemablend.com/new/How-Iron-Man-2-Ruined-Jon-Favreau-s-Relationship-With-Marvel-20003.html

I read that but it doesn't really prove it. Look at what the Heck Ang Lee did to the Hulk? Daredevil etc. Maybe Marvel is waking up a little, but in the wrong way. I want them to make directors follow a marvel do not alter guidline. Not a please advertise our next movie or else!

Ang's Hulk and Daredevil were the property of Universal and Fox (I think). Marvel was more or less consultants on these jobs.

But Marvel now has its own studio and can do whatever they want. Just ask Terrence, Edward and Favs (if that article is true). I

I don't think they will change the Hulk model now. If you can believe him, Feige has said that they have a Hulk that they really like. Like others have said, better CGI but no changes to his look.

I agree Feige did say that. But you never know judging by past marvel actions. Like the Pyms should be a part of this movie even if it a small role after all they were original members.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"