Is the world too obsessed with sex?

GoogleMe94

Sidekick
Reaction score
Serious question here. Do you agree that humans are too obsessed, or over-sexed? I believe that sex's main purpose is for reproduction. Perhaps some think differently? Im a Christian mind you, so im only speaking my thoughts.

Consider some of these facts:

1. A common response to a picture of an attractive women is "IWHI" or "She is hot".
2. Movies and TV programs are full of sexual themes, references, and dialog.
3. Ever watch Cops? Look at all of their prostitution stings.
4. Besides male and female attraction, we have bisexuals, homosexuals, lesbians, and pedophiles.
5. 97/90 percent of males and females, respectively, report of *********ing.
6. You hear reports all the time of rape, sexual abuse, and sexual assault.
7. There are ads, even on SSH, on how to increase your sexual attraction.
8. For decades, the main subject in most songs is about love and making love.

These are just some. What do you think? Why is sex abused all of the time? and why has it lost its innocense? Especially in the entertainment industry, they have really turned it into something very gross instead of something sweet and miraculous. Its become a commodity. That to me is just wrong, and sad.

Yes! However, I don't agree that its main purpose is reproduction as I'm not having kids. I enjoy a good cheek bustin for recreation myself :up:

Sex is like money in some ways: When you don't have any, it's all you can think about; when you have plenty, it isn't that important.

As for how it has been made a 'commodity': The entertainment industry is a business, and if they deem the 'product' to be salable, they will indeed sell it as much as possible.

It's human nature. Sex isn't just about reproduction. Deal with it.

Irony.

talk to a girl that works at borders, i actually WENT UP to her while she was reafing a book (off hours i guess). introduced myself, she knows me from when i get coffee, i happen to get her name last time, and we talked for maybe close to an hour, then she got up and said it was close to 9 and wanted to head home and get somethin to eat. i got up with her and walked her out to her car almost, then went my way. thing is, she was kinda stiff the whole time. she didnt mention a BF, which was good, but when she was sitting in the chair, she wasnt faceing me, she was faceing kinda to the side the oppisite way. we only talked about little stupid things, jobs, movies, etc. but nothing big. to tell you the truth, she didnt seem interested. this was a first for me, cuz every girl i ever talk to seems like they would be interested (IF they didnt already have a BF) but this girl did not. im not bad looking i dont think, so i can see why girls would show interest, but this one didnt even mention a BF and still seemed a little stand offish. i wasnt bein a creepy or anything, i was just bein normal nice guy. however, now that i think about it, she might, MIGHT have been lesbian. im not sure at all, but now that i think about it she kinda had that way about her, i dont know if its true but i told someone i know a similiar thing and they said she could have possibly been gay, and i thought about it and i can kinda see it now, maybe? i dunno, but hell i gave it the best try i could. im certainly proud of myself. guys out there, dont be afraid! if you see a chance, take it! i did, and if this girl wasnt so weird (or possibly gay) i would habve probably had her. she didnt tell me she was, but thats what i got from it.

While I agree that sex is more than for the sake of reproduction -- for the bonding between two monogomous parties --I do think it is in our faces a lot more than it needs to be in ads and in movies. I think it is possible to show that two people love each other in a film without taking it to the bedroom.

While I agree that sex is more than for the sake of reproduction -- for the bonding between two monogomous parties --I do think it is in our faces a lot more than it needs to be in ads and in movies. I think it is possible to show that two people love each other in a film without taking it to the bedroom.

why?
can't people have sex and bond without it having to be about staying together forever?:huh:
maybe if we made it less about a set of rules people would stop thinking about it so damned much.

why?
can't people have sex and bond without it having to be about staying together forever?:huh:
maybe if we made it less about a set of rules people would stop thinking about it so damned much.
I think -- and this is just my opinion -- that when we trivialize the act of sex, it makes it harder for someone to pair bond down the road. Somone who flits from one one night stand to the next will probably have a much harder time keeping a relationship solid than someone who waits. The sex will mean more to the one who waited, I think, because it is less common and therefore more treasured. He might give more of himself than the other guy. Just my thoughts.

I tell you who is too obesses with sex...the religous right.

Serious question here. Do you agree that humans are too obsessed, or over-sexed?
Absolutely not.
People are too obsessed with sex as a "taboo", or as some "sacred" thing, or as a "bad" thing, as evidenced by your thread.

I believe that sex's main purpose is for reproduction.
The main purpose of eating is to keep the body alive and fueled.
Does that mean that we should only eat gruel and protein pills and look down upon people who go into the culinary arts to learn how to make delicious food?
Do you only eat solely to fuel your body and never to enjoy the taste of what you're eating?
What a miserable existence that would be.

Consider some of these facts:

1. A common response to a picture of an attractive women is "IWHI" or "She is hot".
So what? Perfectly human nature.

2. Movies and TV programs are full of sexual themes, references, and dialog.
Yes. I don't know if you noticed, but people really like sex. They're very, very interested in it. And do you know why? Because of what you said. It's main purpose is to perpetuate our species, so we're hard-wired to desire the opportunity to do it.
Morality has nothing to do with it. It's our nature.

3. Ever watch Cops? Look at all of their prostitution stings.
Yes. That is because our government has stupidly made prostitution illegal.
How freaking ******ed is it that you can pay a woman (who is a licensed masseuse) to rub your head, neck, back, buttocks, thighs, calves, feet, arms and hands.....but if you pay her to rub this one particular little area of YOUR body, in fact, the one place that will provide the most pleasure...suddenly you're a criminal.
Obscenely stupid Puritanical nonsense.

4. Besides male and female attraction, we have bisexuals, homosexuals, lesbians, and pedophiles.
:whatever:
Pedophiles are bad because they're victimizing someone.
bisexuals and homosexuals are not victimizing anyone, just by their definition.
You also have a TON of straight, white, male rapists.
Does that mean straight male sexual urges are bad?
What is your point there?

5. 97/90 percent of males and females, respectively, report of *********ing.
and the other 3/10 percent are ****ing liars.

6. You hear reports all the time of rape, sexual abuse, and sexual assault.
Yeah, read your Bible. There was MORE sexual assault going on back then, before they had TV, movies and dirty magazines. *sigh*

7. There are ads, even on SSH, on how to increase your sexual attraction.
Yes. That's because too few Hype users are nearly sexually attractive enough.

8. For decades, the main subject in most songs is about love and making love.
Yes. I wish there were more songs about LSD trips and Black Magic and war and stuff. :(

why has it lost its innocense?
Sex doesn't have innocence. People do.

Especially in the entertainment industry, they have really turned it into something very gross instead of something sweet and miraculous.
Sex is not one thing or the other. It's super-complex.
It is sweet, miraculous AND gross.

Its become a commodity.
Nope. It's always been one.
Aren't you familiar with the term "The world's oldest profession" ? :huh:

That to me is just wrong, and sad.
To me the sad and wrong thing is that people are out there who want to stick their noses into other people's lives and impose their own sense of morality and values on other people.

no, now shut the **** up and stop wasting my time I'm trying to watch videos on xtube dammit.

We obsess about sex, alcohol and money. Those three things are usually the main focus of any discussion at any given time usually.

Maybe we are obssessed with money because we want to get drunk and laid?

What the world really needs is Love, Sex & Sunshine

[YT]gYsjzga-VZw[/YT]

It's called Human Nature. If fact, have you ever seen Dogs in heat? They kind of obsess a little too. Animals have shown to have Homosexual/Bisexual tendancies too. Look it up. Apes have have been recorded of having Male/Male, Female/Female relationships. It's not just people. If we are not supposed to like it, then why does it feel good?

It's called Human Nature. If fact, have you ever seen Dogs in heat? They kind of obsess a little too. Animals have shown to have Homosexual/Bisexual tendancies too. Look it up. Apes have have been recorded of having Male/Male, Female/Female relationships. It's not just people. If we are not supposed to like it, then why does it feel good?

I've got to gay dogs. But they still love the p-ssy if it walks by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"