Is there a new Supergirl film in the works?

The last I heard was that Akiva Goldsman was producing it.

Yeah, there have been rumors, and Akiva Goldsman is is gonna send WB a short script. If released it'll be in 2011 or 2010. Maybe even later, no one really, besides Akiva, has come up with some really good ideas. We might see a Supergirl movie, and its said that if so, that WB will put Superman in as a minor character (WB justice league superman). But yeah if this happens it'll be a good movie.

Could be stuck in development for all we know. Akiva does have leverage now with I Am Legend being one of the biggest hits last year.

Could be stuck in development for all we know. Akiva does have leverage now with I Am Legend being one of the biggest hits last year.

I honestly am not sure if that's a good thing or a bad one. I mean, this is the same guy who wrote Batman Forever and Batman & Robin...

I honestly am not sure if that's a good thing or a bad one. I mean, this is the same guy who wrote Batman Forever and Batman & Robin...

And he also won an Oscar for his writing. I'm no longer hesitant with him attached to a film.

And he also won an Oscar for his writing. I'm no longer hesitant with him attached to a film.

Halle Berry won an Oscar for acting and still did Catwoman. Just cause Goldsman can write one type of movie very, very well, doesnt mean he can write superhero movies for crap. Just like there are some guys who can write comedy but cant write serious movies. And Goldsman has proven he's possibly the worst comic book movie writer alive.

I dont suppose I would mind a new Supergirl film. Never really thought much about it, but I certainly wouldnt automatically oppose it.

Just not with Mischa Barton.

Halle Berry won an Oscar for acting and still did Catwoman. Just cause Goldsman can write one type of movie very, very well, doesnt mean he can write superhero movies for crap. Just like there are some guys who can write comedy but cant write serious movies. And Goldsman has proven he's possibly the worst comic book movie writer alive.

Exactly. :applaud

Theres no plans for one.

There isnt even going to be a solo Wonder Woman film.

Alan Horn said NO films with women leads.

Theres no plans for one.

Yeah, well, maybe if Horn hired a director and writers who could treat a female superhero as a strong character with depth and some semblance of her comic-book roots, as opposed to a faithless piece of eye candy, we wouldn't have that problem.

The 'no female leads' thing is highly offensive. I love that they blame awful movies on the fact that it was a female character instead of blaming the writers and director.

I think that if they are going to try one, it should be with WW not Supergirl. WW will bring in more people (esp with how awful the Supergirl book currently is and how amazing WW currently is)

If JLA is a hit, I imagine they would try a WW movie. Then again they did that with Elektra and didn't work (but Daredevil wasn't that great to begin with and they totally screwed with Elektra's story)

I doubt that.

Theyre still trying to get Flash and GL solo films going.

WB is slow.

WW is dead in development hell.

Currently it is dead (or as far as we know) but if JLA works out, it could open a lot of doors.

Theres no plans for one.

Alan retracted that statement almost immediately after making it, actually.

Who cares DC is STILL relying on superman and batman and various spinoffs associated with them wheres the flash movie, booster gold, wonder woman ect? DC has zero faith in them making any money thats why we havent seen them in the 30 years since Superman the movie came out.

30 years? what about the 4 batman movies?

30 years? what about the 4 batman movies?

I think that post was with regard to everybody BUT Batman and Superman. And I agree with it - slapping :gl: on :ww: on every licensed product in sight doesn't have quite the same marketing pizzazz for Warner Brothers as :super: or :batty:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"