Is there a sequel to Hush Returns?

Mr. Socko

Avenger
Reaction score
I read Batman: Hush Returns a few days ago and loved it. Great seeing some of the old elements of The Killing Joke return. But it got real good in the end then all of a sudden it turns into a cliffhanger? I want to know what happens next. Is there another part to it, if so what is it called, or are they making another?

Read Gotham Knights from Hush Returns on.. that's about it.

Mr. Socko said:
I read Batman: Hush Returns a few days ago and loved it. Great seeing some of the old elements of The Killing Joke return. But it got real good in the end then all of a sudden it turns into a cliffhanger? I want to know what happens next. Is there another part to it, if so what is it called, or are they making another?

Huh...I have not read it yet but my brother has had it since it came out but I have not bothered with it cause I have not been too eager to read it cause he said it was not good. Also a lot of people in this forum think that Hush Returns was the downfall of the Hush character...ruining him from being a good villain or something? I don't remember exactly..I just remember nasty comments about Hush Returns.

I will check it out sometime though.

I thought it was pretty good, but Hush was overdone. He was just whooping everyone and it made me mad. Batman is the only one allowed to beat The Joker to a bloody pulp. They made him nearly invincible except when he was attacked by 20 people in one scene.

But at the end of the book Joker goes back to the carnival from TJK and then it says "The End...For Now" So I was thinking it would be continued. If not then it's a really sucky ending. It's like Back To The Future Part II without Part III.

Matter a fact, I am going to go read it right now. My brother has it in his room.

O crap nevermind. He doesn't have it..but he did read it...he said what he didn't like was that it was boring to him or something.

What he does have is sort of a sequel to Hush Returns? If you have read Gotham Knights 73 and 74 you would know what I am talking about. It happens after Hush Returns but technically not its sequel. I read it and I must say I was greatly disgusted...the story sucked...and I did not like the way the artist drew Hush either..having the bandages with loose ends and crap...

What? The plot and everything was a huge let down. Hush is like not even a real villain...it just felt wierd too when they tried to make him act more like one if you know what I mean? Especially the fact that when they confront eachother Bats calls him Hush instead of Tommy or something since they know eachothers' identities.

Hush never acted like a "real" villain...his entire motivation for the entire plot line (if you continue reading gotham knights after that arc, it continued till the very end) was just to f**k with Bruce more

So, Hush returns is worth money? I was thinking of buying Superman: For All Seasons over it...

Yeah. Very few books can beat anything done by Loeb and Sale. Hush Returns is definitely not one of them, IMO.

CConn said:
Yeah. Very few books can beat anything done by Loeb and Sale. Hush Returns is definitely not one of them, IMO.

Yea, I love their work together. But I also loved Hush when it came out...I wish Loeb wrote more Bat stories in continuity again.

warren_sparta27 said:
get Superman, Leob and Sale together kicks several kinds of ass

Woah woah woah...they did some Superman comics together? I would really like to read those..especially see how Sale draws Supes.

O wow. I found a picture of Tim Sale's Superman and man do I want to read that issue now lol. I am sorry to go off topic but could somebody tell me the name of the Graphic Novel or something?

tim-sale1.jpg

Superman For All Seasons.

There is a Hush Returns? **** I didn't know I got to check this out.

I am not trying to bash Hush Returns...although the somewhat story continuing it sucked in Gotham Knights but I heard that Hush Returns storywise is somewhat boring with not much action. Maybe I can stop by the bookstore and if they got it glance at it.

That is the thing...this part I am about to say is a spoiler for Batman: Gotham Knights #73 and #74...so do not highlight it unless you want to read it.

Beginning of issue 73 starts with mysterious deaths of people with pacemakers. Something about their frequencies going too high thus causing heart failure. Later you discover it is the work of the Clown Prince of Crime; The Joker.

During part of issue 74 Joker with use of some birds knocks out Hush with a gas thing. Hush wakes up later and starts looking for Joker and finds him at some night club. They talk and Joker brings up that while Hush was knocked out he inserted a pacemaker into Hush. Later on Hush turns to Bruce because he is the only one he trusts to have surgery done to remove that pacemaker. Bruce claims he refuses but ends up doing it for him but as Batman (stupid..I know..). So Elliot gets the surgery and escapes the facility and is on some rooftop screaming out for the Joker. Then he and Bruce have a huge chat about Bruce's career and basically Hush blames him in detail for everything in Gotham for not killing the Joker when he first started out. Batman then like "bluffs" about not removing the pacemaker and at first Hush thinks he is bluffing. Then Joker finally comes and they are about to fight it seems and Hush is all like "BATMAN, YOU CAN NOT LEAVE ME HERE!!!" (cause obviously Bruce did not have his pacemaker removed ) and boom...issue 74 ends.

That is basically a summary of Hush Vs. Joker.

I read Hush Returns today at Barnes and Noble and after making connections from that and Gotham Knights #73,74 I feel safe to say it is the unofficial sequel.

After reading Hush Returns only a few things bothered me...Penguin and Riddler and even Batman seemed to think that Hush was such a huge threat. I felt that he should have been a big one but not so big that made Batman literally scared. Riddler I guess since he is no fighter...Penguin meh go figure..but Bats? Plus the whole part with Talia wanted Prometheus was confusing.

Hush Returns not only killed the awesome character brought upon us by Loeb known as Hush, but also killed the Gotham Knights book. God damn you Lieberman, I worry about the Martian Manhunter mini.

Well I think Hush Returns sort of hurt the character too but not that badly. Gotham Knights is what really killed the character. :/

hippie_hunter said:
Hush Returns not only killed the awesome character brought upon us by Loeb known as Hush

Hush was done horribly. That whole story line was awful. And curing Dent was the stupidest move and did nothing to the story.

The first Hush story was the most dissapointing thing I have ever read. I have no interest in reading anything else with Hush in it.

Spidey-Bat said:
Hush was done horribly. That whole story line was awful. And curing Dent was the stupidest move and did nothing to the story.

Well, it made it so that good would prevail. If Harvey was not cured he would have never double-crossed the other villains. I think it was cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"