Is there an Xbox360 game we can all agree on as being "good"?

WhatsHisFace

Avenger
Reaction score
The 360 has a lot of games, some of which are really quite amazing.

However, no one can seem to agree on what those are.

Halo 3 - I think it's a blast. Some people bashing claiming they "don't see what's so special about Halo" in general and just dislike it.

Gears of War - I think this game is fantastic. A lot of people claim it's "all graphics" and nothing new.

Bioshock - I can understand why this is a more "love it or hatee it" game, and I love it. But it's not something everyone can agree upon.

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Again, this game is a huge undertaking on Bethesda's part and I don't see any real problems with it.

Dead Rising - This is probably the first good 3D beat-em-up I ever played. So many people hate the save system and can't enjoy the game though.

Crackdown - This game is pure awesome. 100% manly justice. Many people scoff it's popularity by saying the Halo 3 Beta is what got it to sell.

These are just a few examples of great games that people can't allow themselves to like. But what, I ask, is a game that we can at least all allow ourselves to say is at least a "high quality" game? Is there anything out there?

Hmmm.Strange concept..Consensus amongst gamers.....
I'm with the group that would say "dont see whats so special about Halo"-Its just not my thing.But I can easily concede its a "high quality" game.
As I would agree with most all of your list(except for Crackdown,sorry)

Beyond "High Quality" Dead Rising might be the one you can get everyone on board with.Or RS6LV,I cant remember anyone saying a bad word on that title on these boards

I didnt like Rainbow 6: Vegas, but I dont like any Tom Clancy games really...

Unanimous agreement amongst gamers is a scientific impossiblity. And when you're talking about gamers on the freakin' INTERNET, you can take that quotient and multiply it with the power of infinity.

Halo 3 - I think it's a blast. Some people bashing claiming they "don't see what's so special about Halo" in general and just dislike it.

Gears of War - I think this game is fantastic. A lot of people claim it's "all graphics" and nothing new.

Bioshock - I can understand why this is a more "love it or hatee it" game, and I love it. But it's not something everyone can agree upon.

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Again, this game is a huge undertaking on Bethesda's part and I don't see any real problems with it.

Dead Rising
- This is probably the first good 3D beat-em-up I ever played. So many people hate the save system and can't enjoy the game though.

Crackdown - This game is pure awesome. 100% manly justice. Many people scoff it's popularity by saying the Halo 3 Beta is what got it to sell.

These are just a few examples of great games that people can't allow themselves to like. But what, I ask, is a game that we can at least all allow ourselves to say is at least a "high quality" game? Is there anything out there?

Bolds are what I like. Elder Scrolls, meh, I never got into it but thats just me.

Dead Rising, Saints Row, Gears of War, and skate are the games I have really enjoyed since buying my 360 last summer. I'm not into Halo at all and I'm sure I'd love Bioshock I just don't have the time for a serious story based game right now.

Gears of War was a pleasant suprise. I thought it was just going to be an overhyped shoot-em-up. But when I got it I was hooked. I don't do online, so I was hooked on the single player alone. It was fast and fun, can't wait for the sequel.

Dead Rising was the reason I bought a 360 last year. It was exactly the kind of game I had been waiting for, a fun beat-em-up zombie game. I bought my 360 like 2 weeks before DR's release and played it like crazy for 3 months until I found...

Saints Row, I know I know, it's a GTA rip-off, The story sucks, whatever. But the gameplay is fantastic. Improves apon GTA in every single way, the controls are perfect, the graphics are great, and rag-doll!! I spent many late nights last school year just blowing **** up and running people over. It has everything that I have wanted GTA to have since GTA3. I sincerely hope that Rockstar took notes and kicks Saints Rows ass, but as of now Saints Row is miles ahead of the GTA3 trilogy... In gameplay only, the story is still awful :cwink:

And finally skate, I just recently picked this up but it's a breath of fresh air and a nice light game to play while college picks up again. I'm having alot of fun with it.

Of the 360 games I own and have tried, these 4 are the tops.

Dead Rising was the reason I bought a 360 last year. It was exactly the kind of game I had been waiting for, a fun beat-em-up zombie game. I bought my 360 like 2 weeks before DR's release and played it like crazy for 3 months until I found...

Same man. DR was the one and only reason I honestly bought a 360

I think everyone will agree that COD2 was simply amazing:up:

Mines gotta be elder scrolls, but COD, DR, Bioshock, even Condemned.

Actually, best game is Earth Defense force. All other games are horrible.

No mention of Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter or Rainbow Six Vegas? Unsophisticated simpletons the lot of you. :o

Dead Rising - This is probably the first good 3D beat-em-up I ever played. So many people hate the save system and can't enjoy the game though.

Halo 3 is great, so is Bioshock. The rest are pretty crappy.

Halo 3 is fun. Not the greatest game in the world, but damn fun :up:

It is the greatest game in the world, and all naysayers are jealous infidels.

Im telling you guys.

Earth Defense Force. Buy it. Its like $20 now. Best Co Op on Xbox right now.

Well, for the record, I've never seen any gamer say a bad thing about Goldeneye.

It doesn't stand the test of time. Go back and play it now and it's terrrrrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"