Have gamers ever had it as good as us?

AshtonFoster

Sidekick
Reaction score
I look at the Xbox 360's game line-up over the last few months or so, and I cant think of another time when so many Blockbusters that have been critically acclaimed, have all been released so close together.
We've had Bioshock, Halo 3, The Orange Box, Call of Duty 4....and the up-coming Assassins Creed, and Mass Effect....Just to name the main headliners.
I keep checking GameRankings.com and just keep being amazed by the amount of highly score games there are around.

Whether or not you like the games I've mentioned, take in to account the average review score of each game is basically 9.2 our of 10 or above...which is an achivement.

Can you think of line-up of games, released over a period of a few months (on any console), that has bettered this?? Or even when if we've ever had such a flux of A-graded FPS?

I would like to know!!!!!

Also...
Is anyone else as happy as I am out there!!?? In all my 22 years of gaming, I've never felt so spoilt! Is this gamings finest few months?? If not, then when would you say it was??

Nope. You forgot GOW, though released last year that should count.

Yea dude, this upcoming holiday season will be fantastic. Its already begun for me with Call of Duty 4 and pretty much will be topped off with Assassins Creed. I cant put into words how excited i am for Creed, iv NEVER followed a game as closely or as intensely as i have for Creed. But yea, wev got it reall good at the moment. :up:

悪魔天;13198720 said:
For sure a great time to be a gamer:) Especially when you own an XBOX 360.

Well its always great to be a gamer when you own a 360 :up:

Yea dude, this upcoming holiday season will be fantastic. Its already begun for me with Call of Duty 4 and pretty much will be topped off with Assassins Creed. I cant put into words how excited i am for Creed, iv NEVER followed a game as closely or as intensely as i have for Creed. But yea, wev got it reall good at the moment. :up:

Ha...Im the same, but for Mass Effect.
Thing is, I've got Orange Box, and It'll take me a while to complete it all.....
I havent got the time to play all CoD4, Assassins Creed, Mass Effect, AND complete Orange Box. I dont know what to do...I like to complete games before I move on to another in a similar genre....but I cant wait anymore longer than I have to for Ass Creed and Mass Effect!!! TOO MANY GAMES RELEASED TOO CLOSE TOGETHER IS MAKING ME CRAZY!!!

I thought 2004 was a great year with Ninja Gaiden, Thief 3, Riddick, Fable and Halo 2.

But I find that 2007 was even better with Crackdown, The Darkness, Project Gotham Racing 4, Bioshock, Halo 3, The Orange Box, Call of Duty 4, Assassin's Creed, Kane and Lynch and Mass Effect.

I thought 2004 was a great year with Ninja Gaiden, Thief 3, Riddick, Fable and Halo 2.

But I find that 2007 was even better with Crackdown, The Darkness, Project Gotham Racing 4, Bioshock, Halo 3, The Orange Box, Call of Duty 4, Assassin's Creed, Kane and Lynch and Mass Effect.

I can't wait for Fable 2. :csad:

And yeah, Thief 3 is an amazing game.. I still play it everyone once and a while because it is BC on my 360. Xbox-brand owners have had it good most of their console days because the console always has a solid line-up.

Most games out there thesedays aren't too fun, it's more designed for challenging and pushing this limit and that one, forgetting about good old fasion fun. Most online play is becoming more pointless due to people over playing etc.

What happened to Donkey Kong, that game far surpasses most current games in terms of pure entertainment value.

Warhawk is on eof the few newer releases that I find to be actually FUN!

Most games out there thesedays aren't too fun, it's more designed for challenging and pushing this limit and that one, forgetting about good old fasion fun. Most online play is becoming more pointless due to people over playing etc.

What happened to Donkey Kong, that game far surpasses most current games in terms of pure entertainment value.

Warhawk is on eof the few newer releases that I find to be actually FUN!

If you don't find challenging gameplay and a story that actually makes you think and entertains your mind "fun", then you're a lost cause. I guess most gamers would rather just have a game that has some sort of substance.

If you don't find challenging gameplay and a story that actually makes you think and entertains your mind "fun", then you're a lost cause. I guess most gamers would rather just have a game that has some sort of substance.

A lot of the games that try 'substance' are actually far worse, they claim to be some great compelling story, yet don't deliver, If I want a story etc, I watch a film, and the gameplay of a lot of these games aren't too great.

Primal for example, on ps2, a decent story, yet the gameplay was jarring with it all and didn't do much.

R: FOM has a decent story for a computer game, but it's still not too great really, it's more of a shell of a narrative like all games, try to focus on the gameplay is a much better idea.

There are alot of good games out there that do have a decent story and fun gameplay. I'd say Fable fits that description. The story's actually there, there's substance, and the gameplay is also fun. May not be the most deep system ever, but it's fun and it keeps you entertained.

That's just personal opinion, but yeah. I much prefer games with substance AND gameplay rather than the shallower days of Super Mario Bros. and etc.

A lot of the games that try 'substance' are actually far worse, they claim to be some great compelling story, yet don't deliver, If I want a story etc, I watch a film, and the gameplay of a lot of these games aren't too great.

Primal for example, on ps2, a decent story, yet the gameplay was jarring with it all and didn't do much.

R: FOM has a decent story for a computer game, but it's still not too great really, it's more of a shell of a narrative like all games, try to focus on the gameplay is a much better idea.

You're not talking about Xbox games. You're talking about very mediocre PS2/3 games. :dry:

Haven't played a game on xbox that makes me go WOW for........a very long time really. :(

Oblivion, Gears of War, Bioshock and Halo 3 must have a hard time "wowing" someone who's accustomed to the inconceivable genius of Donkey Kong.
lol.gif

Bioshock especially. :(

If games these days shot for Donkey Kong's bar, we'd be having some of the worst, most shallow games ever made. Not that Donkey Kong is a bad game, but a game on DK's level made in this era is pretty terrible.

I'm saying make games as fun now, as DK was then.

Oblivion is a good game, but gets hugely repetititve quite quickly, it's not so much fun, but more of a "let's see how tough my character is" rather than enjoying what you can do with them etc.

Halo 3 was quite a dissapointment to be honest, they haven't advanced too much from the first in terms of the gameplay's fun level.

Have you played Deadrising? Everytime someone says there isn't anything fun and original I recommend they play Deadrising. It has one of the best stories of any game ever.

Have you played Deadrising? Everytime someone says there isn't anything fun and original I recommend they play Deadrising. It has one of the best stories of any game ever.

You know, Dead Rising actually did have a really good story. A lot of people don't realize that.

Because it was always interrupted by Otis, who would radio in to inform us that he had scratched his balls, and other equally important facts.

I can't ignore anything. Especially Otis.

悪魔天;13198720 said:
For sure a great time to be a gamer:) Especially when you own an XBOX 360.
Thats true, and its going to be hard to see which game I ant for Christmas.:D

Very true.I am getting COD4 tonight,and yet there are so many other games coming out this year that I want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"