Is this Wrestling Thread a Hybrid? - Part 176

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm gonna meet Ho Kogan, AmDrag, and Paul E. Dangerously tomorrow. Excited. :D

Watching an old Saturday Night's Main Event episode... Decent match with Hogan and Hercules and a pretty good match between Macho Man and Jake The Snake.

P.S. LOL, Jesse "The Body" Ventura and Vince Mcmahon were a rather funny commentating team. I'd even take them over Cole, King, and JBL right now.

LOL. Roddy Piper must have been Dean Ambrose's father in a past life

The Hart Foundation vs The Killer Bees was a good match and even though Hart foundation were heels at the time, Killer Bees ended up being the ones to cheat :funny:

Pretty good episode of"Riveting Feuds"on the wwe network's Countdown show

It's not the least bit inexplicable. He bashed Orton last year around Summerslam in an interview and got buried because that's Triple H's guy.

But all he said about Orton was that if someone as tall as him came after him in an alley way, he wouldnt be scared.

If THAT is considered disparaging or offensive to HHH and Orton then they need to get themselves a pair of tampons. Orton has not only gotten people fired and or buried but he disparaged Kelly Kelly on the radio and she didnt get ******** nor did anyone get him in trouble.

It makes no sense whatsoever that WWE cuts a push short because a current star gets his feelings hurt. That has never been WWE's MO in the past. Flair didn't think Bret was a main event draw, but Vince made Flair put him over. Bret didn't like Shawn in '96, but Shawn went over. Hulk wanted a revenge win over Lesnar, but Vince said "no". Much of the locker room reportedly didn't care for Rock beating Punk for the title and main eventing two Wrestlemanias, but it happened. So why does Orton throw fits only to get placated?

It makes no sense whatsoever that WWE cuts a push short because a current star gets his feelings hurt. That has never been WWE's MO in the past. Flair didn't think Bret was a main event draw, but Vince made Flair put him over. Bret didn't like Shawn in '96, but Shawn went over. Hulk wanted a revenge win over Lesnar, but Vince said "no". Much of the locker room reportedly didn't care for Rock beating Punk for the title and main eventing two Wrestlemanias, but it happened. So why does Orton throw fits only to get placated?

More than likely because he'll hide behind HHH when it's convenient....Something Cena alluded to in the "Go Home" Raw for TLC

I saw a comment on a previous page about this likely being Cena's last title reign. I strongly disagree with this. I doubt they are going to make Cena's last run with the belt a throwaway transitional run that only lasts two months. When the time comes, it will seem much more "epic" (at least WWE will try to portray it that way).

SOME of my ideas:

I would go on a tirade to whoever booked Bryan in those ******, drawn out beat downs and double/triple duty that put him on the sidelines to being with

Miz would be released

Ziggler would be I-C Champ

Cesaro would be in Reigns' position

20 Counts in matches

Just to name a few.

To respond point by point:

- I think Bryan pulling double/triple duty throughout the summer of 2013 was actually key to his success & while it looks bad in retrospect due to injury, it built his character of heart & determination far better than it would have otherwise. Bryan is a master storyteller in the ring, and you get far more mileage out of him there than long promo segments. For the most part, since his rise to the top from summer 2013 on he's had very few memorable promo segments. His face to face promo with Cena comes to mind, as does the Occupy Raw segment. I love Bryan to death, but he's not the guy to deliver 10 minute promo segments on a regular basis.

- I get why Miz gets the hate he does, but I think a lot of it is undeserved at this point. He was pushed to the top when he wasn't fully ready, then there was an ill-advised face turn and that's a role he just isn't meant to play. I've enjoyed him immensely since his return with his 'Hollywood' gimmick and he's finally putting all the pieces together in the ring (for me at least). He's probably not main event material, but he's really good as a top midcard heel and there's certainly a place for that.

- I don't disagree with your idea on Ziggler at all, he'd make a perfect IC champ.

- More than anyone else on the roster, Cesaro is hampered most of all by "sports entertainment" and I think it's one of the reasons he's had a lot of problems staying relevant at times. Which sounds odd because it's largely dependent on the program & push, but by that I mean this - with the obsessive focus on authority figures & overcoming the odds, Cesaro is on the outside looking in. Within that framework, he's probably best as the Authority's hired gun.

But in a different context, where WWE is more focused on promoting wrestling as an athletic contest, that's where Cesaro shines. WWE overthinks their product a lot of the time... in a simpler pro wrestling environment, Cesaro is a main event fixture. But since WWE is a sports entertainment company, I can't blame them for giving Reigns a lot of the spotlight. With all that said, I think there is a balance to it all, but they have to realize that homogenizing the product will always leave a few guys behind since not everyone has the same strengths.

- I think the argument of 20 count vs. 10 count is really splitting hairs to be honest. 10 counts tend to be slower and time-wise last about the same as a 20 count anyway, so the difference is negligible in my opinion. What's the argument for it though? I'm curious on your thought process here.

To respond point by point:

- I think Bryan pulling double/triple duty throughout the summer of 2013 was actually key to his success & while it looks bad in retrospect due to injury, it built his character of heart & determination far better than it would have otherwise. Bryan is a master storyteller in the ring, and you get far more mileage out of him there than long promo segments. For the most part, since his rise to the top from summer 2013 on he's had very few memorable promo segments. His face to face promo with Cena comes to mind, as does the Occupy Raw segment. I love Bryan to death, but he's not the guy to deliver 10 minute promo segments on a regular basis.

- I get why Miz gets the hate he does, but I think a lot of it is undeserved at this point. He was pushed to the top when he wasn't fully ready, then there was an ill-advised face turn and that's a role he just isn't meant to play. I've enjoyed him immensely since his return with his 'Hollywood' gimmick and he's finally putting all the pieces together in the ring (for me at least). He's probably not main event material, but he's really good as a top midcard heel and there's certainly a place for that.

- I don't disagree with your idea on Ziggler at all, he'd make a perfect IC champ.

- More than anyone else on the roster, Cesaro is hampered most of all by "sports entertainment" and I think it's one of the reasons he's had a lot of problems staying relevant at times. Which sounds odd because it's largely dependent on the program & push, but by that I mean this - with the obsessive focus on authority figures & overcoming the odds, Cesaro is on the outside looking in. Within that framework, he's probably best as the Authority's hired gun.

But in a different context, where WWE is more focused on promoting wrestling as an athletic contest, that's where Cesaro shines. WWE overthinks their product a lot of the time... in a simpler pro wrestling environment, Cesaro is a main event fixture. But since WWE is a sports entertainment company, I can't blame them for giving Reigns a lot of the spotlight. With all that said, I think there is a balance to it all, but they have to realize that homogenizing the product will always leave a few guys behind since not everyone has the same strengths.

- I think the argument of 20 count vs. 10 count is really splitting hairs to be honest. 10 counts tend to be slower and time-wise last about the same as a 20 count anyway, so the difference is negligible in my opinion. What's the argument for it though? I'm curious on your thought process here.

I agree with all of this. While hindsight is 20/20, we were all marking hard when Bryan wrestled both Real Americans back to back and when he beat HHH and Orton/Batista in the same night. We were also all REALLY pissed when he did NOT pull double duty at a Royal Rumble.

There is a certain WWE character that has aspects to him that have seemed familiar to me but that I can't place. It's been bugging me for a while, but then I recently saw a play where I said, "yeah, that's it."

Listen to the parts from the beginning to 1:40 and tell me if you agree.

John Cena should team up with Mark Wahlberg as bros in a movie

Wahlberg was once asked what he thought of Cena and his replay was " he could be my bigger younger brother".

I think it is time for Cena to venture into movies and wind down his wrestling career. He's a somewhat decent actor and even though The Marine was terrible , some people still enjoyed it. I'd also like to see CM Punk take a shot at acting.

I think people forget that the Miz has value outside the ring to the company. He does well with media appearances, tv, and radio interviews, charity events, mtv events, promotional tours etc. He's a good ambassador and employee even if he is not the most skilled in the ring. I am his biggest fan in the thread other than Nell and I loved IC heel champ Miz before, and think that's a perfect role for him. Hopefully they let him and Ziggler have a nice little feud.

Personally I believe tat once Ziggler's contract is up he's done, ditto for Sandow.

I think people forget that the Miz has value outside the ring to the company. He does well with media appearances, tv, and radio interviews, charity events, mtv events, promotional tours etc. He's a good ambassador and employee even if he is not the most skilled in the ring. I am his biggest fan in the thread other than Nell and I loved IC heel champ Miz before, and think that's a perfect role for him. Hopefully they let him and Ziggler have a nice little feud.

Personally I believe tat once Ziggler's contract is up he's done, ditto for Sandow.

Maybe if they stopped treating Ziggler like crap then they wouldn't have to worry about him leaving

I'm worried about him leaving, I don't think they care at this point. It's their loss, he could have been a huge draw. The HBK to Bryan's Bret. Rollins seems destined for that role, now.

I know I'm the only one that cares But I hope the current story line Lead to the return of crazy “Let’s Get Weird”.Johnny Curtis from NXT Redemption

I'm worried about him leaving, I don't think they care at this point. It's their loss, he could have been a huge draw. The HBK to Bryan's Bret. Rollins seems destined for that role, now.

Though I'm not sure Ziggler will leave unless Global Force Wrestling gets a lot of momentum and TNA keeps their house in order and gain more steam.

I do have to give that to Miz. Apparently he did more charity/public/media work and appearances when he was WWE Champion than Cena did during the times he was.

Wahlberg was once asked what he thought of Cena and his replay was " he could be my bigger younger brother".

I think it is time for Cena to venture into movies and wind down his wrestling career. He's a somewhat decent actor and even though The Marine was terrible , some people still enjoyed it. I'd also like to see CM Punk take a shot at acting.

Brazzers offered him a job when he left the company. :oldrazz:

Punk on a TV show would be great. Something like a sarcastic, *****ey cop.

Maybe Punk could start in a smaller, lower level villain in a Marvel movie (like Georges St. Pierre as Batroc the Leaper in Captain America 2).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"