The Wrestling Thread is a team player - - - Part 186

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the last time Rollins was pinned? I don't recall.

I've yet to see a feud between Cena and wrestler x where wrestler x comes out looking better than what they did prior to heading in.

Sheamus is the only one that immediately comes to mind and that's only because he didn't have to eat a pin to Cena after that Tables Match. That was a weird feud looking back on it.

Thankfully with Rollins, he's been booked as the primary example of what the Chicken sh-t heel should be: The cocky guy who uses brutal tactics and has a reliable posse that SUCCESFULLY bails him out when things don't go his way.

He also doesn't job to guys that are "beneath him" on the card nor does he constantly eat the pin on free TV.

Its all in the booking of the cliche routine.

You can either be a success: Ric Flair, The Honky Tonk Man, The Rock, JBL, Edge

Or a failure: Chris Jericho (Undisputed), Jack Swagger, Miz

When was the last time Rollins was pinned? I don't recall.

Roman Reigns. Final RAW before NOC.

Paige and Natalya had a pretty decent match on Main Event last night. Made even better with Tyson Kidd on commentary. It's worth checking out.

Punk was doing the lame New Nexus angle and mostly jobbing before his 2011 feud with Cena, He got a one off win against Rey at Capital Punishment but he wasn't a top guy and had been jobbing since WrestleMania 26 until Capital Punishment. People seem to forget that. Punk was jobbing in the midcard for a long time before summer 2011. So yeah don't give me any crap about guys never looking good after facing Cena. Punk was being used to put over already established guys who didn't need it in the middle of the card before summer 2011.

I wasn't aware that going from jobbing to Rey, Show, and Orton in the midcard to being the #2 guy in the whole company didn't mean anything.

Last edited:
He only became a top guy because he was on his way out. That is the only reason. He had to play politics to get his push when he re-signed. Can't say I blame him either.

None of that changes the fact that when the time came Cena put Punk over at back to back PPV's, he wasn't the one stopping Punk getting the initial push, that was Vince and the brain trust he calls creative.

None of that changes the fact that when the time came Cena put Punk over at back to back PPV's, he wasn't the one stopping Punk getting the initial push, that was Vince and the brain trust he calls creative.

Not to mention if that feud wasn't as good as it was then Punk might not have reached the heights he did. Punk needed the WWE golden boy to cut that promo. Just like Austin needed the Bret Hart feud.

Lucha Underground is going to start tonight...anyone gonna watch it?

And where is Punk now? Sitting at home because Cena has to be The Face of the company.

[YT]1XX-3vzqslo[/YT]

Macho Man FTW!

And where is Punk now? Sitting at home because Cena has to be The Face of the company.

But that's not Cena's fault. Cena wants more guys on his level, and he said as much when he appeared on Austin's podcast.

John Morrison vs Ricochet a.k.a. Johnny Mundo vs Prince Puma tonight.

[YT]1XX-3vzqslo[/YT]

Macho Man FTW!

I really don't think John Cena had anything to do with Punk's decision to leave. You might forget but at the time Cena was in a mid-card feud with Bray Wyatt, nowhere near the top of the card.

Cena's gotta be the least egotistical and least political main eventer of all time, except maybe Austin. Us intersmarks should give him some credit for that.

Lucha Underground is going to start tonight...anyone gonna watch it?

I'm going to miss part of it due to the NYC MTA being complete ****. Hope there's start over our it's at least on demand. I really want to see this show.

Looks like Kevin Steen's WWE name will be Kevin Owens.

I really don't think John Cena had anything to do with Punk's decision to leave. You might forget but at the time Cena was in a mid-card feud with Bray Wyatt, nowhere near the top of the card.

Probably had a lot more to so with HHH and Bootista than Cena.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"