It’s hard to see racism, when you’re white

When did Germany or any German official ever say such a thing?

I'm tired of people blaming the Germans for the mistakes of a crazy bastard AND say that nowadays' Germans are reluctant to take the blame for it. They should not have to.

I'm not saying they ever did. I certainly don't blame Germans for Hitler's actions. I'm saying in a hypothetical situation if the Nazi Party had maintained power albeit with major progress, that would still be a disgusting statement (similar to those who say "I didn't own slaves! Slavery was such a long time ago. Segregation has been over for decades")

This thread title makes me think of:

[YT]xvgCvT9xX7A[/YT]

I agree with a lot of what you're saying but you can't say that some blacks being racist doesn't matter just because there aren't enough blacks in power to oppress white people. Racism isn't going to go away if racism is viewed as harmless coming from a minority.

It's getting better, no doubt, but I do notice white people get free passes for things minorities frequently don't. Particularly in more everyday life. Money has a lot to do with it as well, but that's still definitely slanted to "white" people, although it won't be forever.

Being attractive, white and somewhat well off does seem like a "do whatever I want and get away with it badge" sometimes.

I remember once I was going to court for a fairly significant traffic charge, and I got off by essentially acting like a good ole' boy, and giving the judge my best Bob Hope-esque stand up routine. I just can't imagine a black guy jaw-jacking informally with a white judge in a court room. In fact that day I could visibly witness how much more stern he was with black defendants versus white ones. My roommate (who is black) joked about how he could've never done what I did.

Like Louie CK observed, if white was a membership I'd re-up every year.

"I am able to drive a car in any neighborhood without being perceived as being in the wrong place or looking for trouble."

That's flat out untrue. There are many neighborhoods where, if you're white, you might as well just have a bulleyes on your chest.
I'm as lillywhite as it comes, and I live in a black neighborhood, I just don't see this. If anything they respect you for living there, unless you do something to pain a target on yourself, like act like a racist d***hole.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying but you can't say that some blacks being racist doesn't matter just because there aren't enough blacks in power to oppress white people. Racism isn't going to go away if racism is viewed as harmless coming from a minority.

Not saying it doesn't matter, but is it a problem big enough to even discuss?

I'm sure there are a few incestual flat-earthers out there too, but is it a big enough problem to have a discussion about? Maybe if flat-earthers had a history of practicing incest and there were some of those practices still lingering (like American white culture has a history of institutionalized racism), but seeing as I don't see a correlation between flat-earthers and incest (similar to how I don't see one between black people and institutionalized racism), I don't see it being a relevant talking point.

knowsbleed said:
are all the mods white?

Absolutely....and all male too.....and Republican to boot........

:lmao:

With regards to the topic, it's a very interesting vantage point they've taken. But why now? This could actually only exacerbate the racial tensions already surrounding this upcoming election. I applaud their effort but I question their timing. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"