BvS It's always Darkest before The Dawn... Chris Terrio IS the Script Writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

John-An

Wonder Fingers!
Reaction score
Warner Bros. is bringing Argo writer Chris Terrio into the Batman-Superman universe.
The Oscar-winning writer, who recently changed agencies from CAA to WME, has been brought in to write a draft of the Man of Steel follow-up,the untitled Batman-Superman movie. Terrio has a strong relationship with the studio and the film's star Ben Affleck. Affleck directed and starred in Argo, which won last year's best picture Oscar for Warners.

chris_terrio.jpg

source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/batman-superman-chris-terrio-write-666735?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thr%2Fnews+%28The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Top+Stories%29

Last edited:
I really liked Argo, but it's strange for WB to hire this guy to work with Goyer considering he only has one feature credit to his name. Though he might have written dozens of spec scripts and Argo is the first one to be produced as is usually the case in Hollywood. Still when your first produced screenplay wins an Oscar the biz tends to take you a lot more seriously.

Either way I'm happy. MoS needed another set of eyes across the script and I was concerned that GOyer by himself would mean the same gripes I had with MoS (Which I really liked nonetheless) would be present once more.

^ Yep. If anything, I think Goyer's sense of freedom might allow him to "run wild." MOS was flawed as it was, and that's with Nolan trying to keep him in check.

I'm hyped for this.

I always thought Goyer has some strengths. He has great plot ideas and does write some good lines. But I think he needs help in some areas, like dialogue.

So, this is exactly what I wanted.

I really liked Argo, but it's strange for WB to hire this guy to work with Goyer considering he only has one feature credit to his name. Though he might have written dozens of spec scripts and Argo is the first one to be produced as is usually the case in Hollywood. Still when your first produced screenplay wins an Oscar the biz tends to take you a lot more seriously.

Either way I'm happy. MoS needed another set of eyes across the script and I was concerned that GOyer by himself would mean the same gripes I had with MoS (Which I really liked nonetheless) would be present once more.

I think he was recommended by Affleck and that "confirms" sort of that Affleck will have a little hand in the script development or improvement.

This is pretty much the ideal scenario I've been begging for for the past few months.

Needless to say I am pretty ****ing stoked.

This is pretty much the ideal scenario I've been begging for for the past few months.

I fully second that, this is what I had been hoping for all along and I'm excited to say this movie is on the right path.

I'm hyped for this.

I always thought Goyer has some strengths. He has great plot ideas and does write some good lines. But I think he needs help in some areas, like dialogue.

So, this is exactly what I wanted.

Yep and yep. I still maintain that a reworked MOS would have been the best superhero movie ever made, even WITH Zack in the directors chair. But alas, nobody thought there was anything wrong with "d!cksplash." :doh:

Yep and yep. I still maintain that a reworked MOS would have been the best superhero movie ever made, even WITH Zack in the directors chair. But alas, nobody thought there was anything wrong with "d!cksplash." :doh:

But now we have someone to tell Goyer to knock that **** off. It shall be glorious.

Yep. Pretty much like TDK: Chris and David create the story. Jonah writes the script.

MOS 2: Zack and David create the story. Chris writes the script.

Another Chris. :funny:

Yep. Pretty much like TDK: Chris and David create the story. Jonah writes the script.

MOS 2: Zack and David create the story. Chris writes the script.

Another Chris. :funny:

It is like TDK.

mother-of-god.jpg

I'm guessing that Chris Terrio being brought in with so little time before principal photography that he's focusing less on the story mechanics (Which Goyer is quite good at) and more on the dialogue and characterisation.

It really is a Cinderella tale for the guy. Goes from making shorts to an oscar win to writing for potentially the biggest blockbuster ever. A year can make a hell of a difference in Hollywood.

I think that Goyer is still writing the basic story. Terrio (and maybe Affleck himself) are likely polishing some things up and working on some of the dialogue.

I think that Goyer is still writing the basic story. Terrio (and maybe Affleck himself) are likely polishing some things up and working on some of the dialogue.

Good. That will do nicely.

2013 August:

The script is still being written, so nothing has been submitted formally to reps and actors.

One insider says that any talk of casting is premature since the script isn't yet written.

2013 November:

"We have a first draft, and we’re continuing to work with it. Those scripts are never fully finished until the movie is in the theaters."

2013 December:

David Goyer wrote the screenplay, which is based on characters created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster (Superman) and Bob Kane (Batman). But sources say Terrio has been brought in to get the script in shape before filming begins. Goyer has been tied up with a number of other DC Comics titles including Sandman.

I didn't know Terrio's screenplay for Argo was nominated for Academy Award. That pumps me up even more.

It seems like he's writing another draft which means that it'll be more than just a dialogue polish.

That brings some hope back into te movie. Then again they could have had a children's book writer come in and help as long as they tell Goyer to cut the stupid crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"