It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Part 2

Looks like Dennis is indeed and out and doing the fatherhood thing.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-season-13-dennis-glenn-howerton-1202860689/

“The Gang Returns–mostly–in the 13th season of the FXX original comedy series ‘It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia.’ Mac (Rob McElhenney), Charlie (Charlie Day), Dee (Kaitlin Olson) and Frank (Danny DeVito) return to their duplicitous, scheming ways at Paddy’s Pub, while Dennis (Glenn Howerton) takes on the new role of father in North Dakota…

Even without Dennis Reynolds, the Gang has its hands full as Charlie hopes to have a child with The Waitress, Mac sets out to understand his newfound sexuality, Dee takes feminism to new heights, and Frank goes to great lengths for the Gang to experience the greatest moment in Philadelphia sports history – an Eagles Super Bowl victory.”

Makes sense from a story perspective, but a giant blow nonetheless. He's my favorite character.

always-sunny.png

That's awesome they're returning so soon. I wasn't expecting the new season until January. :up:

I think they’re just playing coy with the Dennis thing. He hasn’t been seeing in any of the gang’s Instagram posts, but I think he’s still a part of this season. I think that’s him dressed up like Jason in that picture.

Yeah, I don't completely buy that he's out of the picture.

Considering when the filming has taken place for this season, I don't think there would be conflicts with AP Bio.

So Dennis is still mostly there.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-glenn-howerton-season-13-1202894711/

During an appearance at the TCA summer press tour on Friday, “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” cast members Charlie Day, Danny DeVito, Rob McElhenney, and Kaitlin Olson revealed that Glenn Howerton will in fact appear in most of the episodes of the show’s upcoming thirteenth season.

“We went through all sorts of ideas before we knew that Glenn was coming back,” McElhenney said. “He’s in pretty much every episode.”

“He’s in the majority of them,” Day chimed in. Day also revealed that the team behind the show got creative with ways to shoot around Howerton’s absence, such as doing an all-female reboot of a past episode of the series.

FXX had previously announced that Howerton wouldn’t be as big a part of Season 13 of the series.

The winner. The legend. The five-star man.

2I22.gif

Last edited:
Prediction: The entire thing in the last finale ends up being a ploy Dennis cooked up so he could get a vacation without the rest of the gang tagging along.

The wording makes it appears he might have small role in each episode this season or that he might even miss 1 or 2.

I don't see that happening.

I just hope it doesn't turn into a situation like Nick Kroll on The League. His constant absence on that show (or his appearance for 5 minutes via Skype) is part of why that show started to go downhill in the later seasons.

I just hope it doesn't turn into a situation like Nick Kroll on The League. His constant absence on that show (or his appearance for 5 minutes via Skype) is part of why that show started to go downhill in the later seasons.

The League still had a few more good seasons left in it. :( But I understand the reason to quit while still on top.

I was a big fan of The League until they went overboard with Rafi and Dirty Randy. That one episode that was nothing but them was excruciating. I would have much rather had more episodes with minor characters like Shiva instead of those two asshats. And Ruxin's constant absence was annoying as hell because he was (IMO) the funniest character.

I was a big fan of The League until they went overboard with Rafi and Dirty Randy. That one episode that was nothing but them was excruciating. I would have much rather had more episodes with minor characters like Shiva instead of those two asshats. And Ruxin's constant absence was annoying as hell because he was (IMO) the funniest character.

Agreed

just watched the premiere... ****ing brilliant.

Premier was great, gonna upset all the people who thought Dennis was gone.

How the hell y'all see it already?

Will these new episodes be on Hulu a day after they premiere on TV, or does FXX not do that?

Moved to a new apartment and decided not to have cable. :csad:

I wastched it on my TV... OnDemand with xfinity... FX+

Mindy Kaling on Always Sunny.

Okay, didn't call that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"