It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Part 2

I don't know if it's just me, the length of time since last season, or just the show showing its age, but I'm not sure I'm feeling the new season just yet. A couple funny bits here and there, but I don't know... something's off.

Then again, it's not like there haven't been occasional weak spots over the years, so all it'll take is just one great episode to lock me back in.

This last episode picked up a lot, I thought it was hilarious...

I do wonder though, if Glenn and Kaitlins shows being cancelled caused them to quickly change up things cause the time between cancellations and the Sunny premiere was pretty tight

I do wonder though, if Glenn and Kaitlins shows being cancelled caused them to quickly change up things cause the time between cancellations and the Sunny premiere was pretty tight
AP Bio was cancelled too? I thought that had been renewed for a second season.

Maybe it was? Last I saw back when Brooklyn 99 got cancelled, it had the Mick and AP on the list. I never finished the first season

the 4th episode was amazing. The 3rd was really horrendous. The 2nd was so-so. Episode 1 was quite funny.

AP BIO really sucked. Not sure how that got a season 2

Maybe it was? Last I saw back when Brooklyn 99 got cancelled, it had the Mick and AP on the list. I never finished the first season
All I'm seeing is that AP Bio was renewed. I haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't make it past a second season, since it really isn't anything special.

good for glenn i guess.. its ratings were terrible. i dont know why it got renewed :lmao:

That whole last act just felt like classic Sunny- Dee banging the kid and not the father (Time's Up, Dee?), Mac and Charlie beating up the kids that stole Mac's bike, Dennis being the golden god savior by rescuing everyone in his new ride and then jamming out to Rick Astley?

Brilliant. And I love how virtually no one had questions regarding Dennis' absence.

Couldn't agree more the fight at the end was classic and made even better when Dennis showed up and at the end of it all they didn't even get the bike back.

The last two episodes were classic Sunny

I wanted Dennis to end up banging that fantasy football girl after he got the Range Rover haha

That fight with the kids was great. Now...

BE GONE.

Thinking about it this episode should have taken place right after Dennis came back and I mean right after Mindy left and they had their drinks.

Also need a gif of the be gone to use on the forums haha.

Thinking about it this episode should have taken place right after Dennis came back and I mean right after Mindy left and they had their drinks.
Yeah, it did seem a little strange that Dennis only asked about the Range Rover now after he's been back for some time.

I could never imagine Always Sunny tackling social issues with such biting satire on a weekly basis with stuff that's all too relevant. I mean, I don't know who is still talking about the whole bathroom stuff, but between the talk about the Constitution, Charlie being a cross-dresser, Frank having a gun while he's in the bathroom, the fact that Mac as a gay man feels more comfortable using the women's room.

I mean, I can comfortably say that I enjoy every season of Always Sunny, but they have been on fire this season so far not just with the humor, but with the relevant issues they're tackling and turning them on their sides. The only way this could possibly be more relevant is if that gun episode from a few seasons back- when Mac wanted to use a sword- had been used here, too.

Last edited:
I mean, I can comfortable say that I enjoy every season of Always Sunny, but they have been on fire this season so far not just with the humor, but with the relevant issues they're tackling and turning them on their sides.
I have to agree, they're doing an even better job of it than South Park's current season.

Okay, so the decision to do a clip show for an episode isn't beyond this show, but I sort of wish that there'd been a bit more meta commentary about it, like Community did. Though it was nice to see "A Very Sunny Christmas" in all its uncensored glory on TV. It picked up when we got to the second half.

Last edited:
Something really weird is going on with FXX for me. It says that the new Sunny is on, but they're broadcasting American Horror Story. Is anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: It looks like it's just a Verizon FIOS thing. :cmad:

Saw a bunch of folks saying that on Twitter...but I have Comcast, so I never noticed that.

I recorded the 2AM rerun and that seemed to be the new Sunny episode but it’s still annoying because I can’t watch it until later tonight. I don’t know what the bad place that was all about.

I loved that this started as a usual run of the mill clip show, then completely went into disarray.

So...Charlie left in the bar is Home Alone+Saw. Yeah, I loved it and all of Charlie's traps. If only he was that creative when Mac and Dennis made him a dating profile.

So basically, if you were in Philly when the Eagles won the Super Bowl, you might have been lucky enough to end up on tonight's Always Sunny. That montage at the end was pretty fun. Made me look up Rob McElhenney's original tweet from that day:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"