It's Clobbering Time! The Ben Grimm/ Thing moments we want to see in the MCU

It’s his voice that does not match. I would make a petition to not have Sandler lol. He is better suited as that character from Excalibur who looks like a struck match

If he wasn’t already in the MCU Mickey Rourke would have made an interesting Ben. His portrayal of Marv in Sin City gave me Ben Grimm vibes…

sincityhartigangallery.jpg

So on Reddit someone claims that

Thing will appear in She Hulk, played by Jason Segel

Jason Segel?! A friend of Seth Rogan, interestingly. I like Segel, but I can't see him as Ben Grimm. Not enough of a tough guy. Mickey Rourke is a tough guy, but doesn't have Ben's warmth, he's not nice and personable enough I'd love to see the Thing in She-Hulk though. I wonder how they would explain that?

I am not only fine with this, i think this may work out even better than Seth Rogen. Just not sure how his voice will sound as Thing. Also him with Krasinski would work well on screen, they have similar height and build and could have on screen chemistry

so

the Four are potentially

Krasinski
Blunt
Butler
Segal

and

Coster Waldau as Doom

I hope we see characters showing up soon, but I’m a little skeptical of that one. Have there been any rumors that actor has been involved in any way?

I’d think if it were real we’d at least know he was playing a mystery character.

And I think Sue would make more sense if any characters are going to show up.

If it’s post transformation, I can see that, but pre-transformation, I don’t see much connection between the two.

Okay, I just read the reddit post.

The way the details are stated seem somewhat credible (bits and pieces that someone might have caught from being involved in parts of the production as opposed to too much information that we often get from people completely making something up).

But what loses some credibility for me is it would be too good. I think he’d steal the show if they do what the redditer claims.

The only thing that bugs me is his voice isnt as good as Rogen

from the reddit thread

Campea mentioned way back when he accidentally leaked that NWH stuff that he saw a Mocap photo for a character that he assumed was for NWH. Perhaps this is legit man

you know what though ? Willie mentioned in the past that She Hulk has ties to Fantastic Four so this actually makes sense - to me anyway

more from reddit
I mean she hulk is a character that is very very linked to the fantastic four I mean she literally took the things spot for a good hunk of the 80s So it’s really not that random

Last edited:
The only thing that bugs me is his voice isnt as good as Rogen

from the reddit thread

Campea mentioned way back when he accidentally leaked that NWH stuff that he saw a Mocap photo for a character that he assumed was for NWH. Perhaps this is legit man

you know what though ? Willie mentioned in the past that She Hulk has ties to Fantastic Four so this actually makes sense - to me anyway

more from reddit
I mean she hulk is a character that is very very linked to the fantastic four I mean she literally took the things spot for a good hunk of the 80s So it’s really not that random

Yeah, I think the concept is absolutely amazing.

I want it to be true, but the fact that it would be so great makes me skeptical.

Sadly, fans seem to come up with better ideas than the people making these shows.

Throughout all the Marvel shows, we’ve had rumors of things that would have been Luke Skywalker in Mandalorian good. And this is one of those.

But to date, all of them have been rumors and none of them have actually happened.

A couple details that fit what we know:

In the trailer, the talk about Jennifer leading their Superhuman Law division, so it fits Jen would work with Ben’s case if it came in.

And we got a glimpse of what looked like the Wrecking Crew in the trailer.

Of course those things are public knowledge, so it would be more impressive if the scooper had come out with the rumor before the trailer.

But it shows if it is complete BS, it’s at least well thought-out BS.

I don't buy it myself, though I'd be perfectly fine with the casting.

I don't think we'll get a hint of Ben Grimm, or the rest of the F4, until we see them on the big screen, not on She Hulk first.
Season 2 of She Hulk ? I could buy it.

Can our rumoured Ben Grimm act?

NFSW due to profanity

im reading through the Ben Grimm thread, its over 500 comments so far

Holy Cheeseballs Batman! from reddit

It’s actually very intriguing because he very clearly stated that he (Campea) assumed that it (Jason Segel’s mocap as Thing) was for NWH. Could it be because the mo cap character was with Matt Murdock? This is actually very interesting now.

“It looks like you have a little pain behind those eyes.”

This is a very apt description of Grimm imo
Our new potential Ben meeting Ant Man

Someone pointed out how
John Krasinski and
Jason Segel
Are the same age and it makes sense because:

Exact same age. Makes sense since Reed and Ben go to college together.

If it is legit, I knew Marvel would go with You Know Who.

He was one of my fan casting picks lol.

I read all 658 comments on reddit. The general consensus approximately 95-98% like and want Jason Segel as Ben Grimm

I don't buy them introducing a character like this in She-Hulk.

Jason Segel?! A friend of Seth Rogan, interestingly. I like Segel, but I can't see him as Ben Grimm. Not enough of a tough guy. Mickey Rourke is a tough guy, but doesn't have Ben's warmth, he's not nice and personable enough I'd love to see the Thing in She-Hulk though. I wonder how they would explain that?

they explain it this way

Jennifer has a mystery client who only communicates with her via a different lawyer (which makes sense to me if it is Matt Murdock since he is blind and therefore cannot see Thing - Stark Bauer). (lots of jokes about this, "who has a lawyer just to talk to lawyers")

The character is being done in a mocap suit by Jason Segel. Similar set up to how they did Thanos.

The Thing is fighting a defamation case.

He shows up in Episode 8, has fight scenes in 9 and 10. Mainly fights the Wrecking Crew.

There's a moment where She-Hulk, The Thing, and Daredevil share the screen.

Has a moment with Daredevil about being from New York and their respective areas. More jabby version of Cap and Spider-Man in Civil War

Last edited:
If it is legit, I knew Marvel would go with You Know Who.

He was one of my fan casting picks lol.

you mean John Krasinski as Reed Richards of the Fantastic Four? The whole internet knows now and we can use that name without spoiler tags

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"