World It's Electric!!! The Official Electro Thread

Reaction score
Electrocloseup.jpg

Welcome to the Official Thread of Electro. Certainly another ''colorful'' nemesis of Spideys, and I do mean colorful.

I searched, but couldn't find his thread, and I'm surprised he didn't have his own. So, come on now, let's show some love for him.

Out of Spidey's Rogue Gallery, he most certainly is in my top 5.

Electro, aka Max Dillion. Created by Steve and Stan, he made his first glamourous appearance in "Amazing Spider-Man issue 9.

Here's a quick little synopsis on Electro, his origin, and his first run in with the Webbed Wonder...

While he was repairing a power line, a freak lighting accident resulted in a mutagenic change in his nervous system, transforming Dillon into a living electrical capacitor. Taking the nameElectro, he turned to a life of a professional criminal, his first victim being J. J. Jameson.

Electro broke into the Daily Bugle Building and stole Jameson's safe right in front of him. Jameson accused Spider-Man of being an alternate identity of Electro, prompting Spider-Man to prove the publisher wrong. During his confrontation with Electro, Spider-Man was nearly killed when he touched the electrically charged supervillain. Spider-Man eventually used a fire hose to short-circuit Electro. Later hired by J.J. his first assignment, kill Spider-Man on national television. He's also been in numerous incarnations of the Sinister Six.

His powers are simple...I mean, his name is Electro, not much of a stretch on what he can do right?:woot: Electro can generate massive quantities of electricity, up to or around 1 million volts. (that would kill you 3 times). Electro can override any electrically-powered device and manipulate it according to his mental commands. He's also been known to fly on numerous occasions.....often seen as "riding the lighting".

So go ahead, discuss and or post pics of this "Electrifying Villian"

electro.jpg

Amazingspiderman9electro.jpg

Electro03.jpg

00_SMElectro__scaled_600.jpg

Seriously? No love for Electro??:csad:

The man had his own Spider-Man game. Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro.

I know of him only in USM (perharps you should post a pic of him in USM too), TAS and I have a very flouted memory of him in the TAS show...

In USM, I kinda like his look : bald man that HAS to remain bald because apparently his powers got the best of his hair, blue/white guy that literally sparks, etc. His personnality his amusing too : the guy doesn't care about revenge or anything, the only thing he wants is money, preferably earning it with a long-time job as an enforcer. Even if he seems to be aware of how powerful he is, he doesn't want much.

As for his powers... in USM, I especially liked the way he broke into the Triskelion (the Ultimate Six storyline), destroying everything, stopping the bullets aimed at him with some magnetic aspect of his powers, etc. Fury telling that he would certainly be the hardest one to bring down (something that is confirmed later), even if "thug's mentality is still thug's mentality".

As I remember him in TAS, he seemed to have been changed quite a lot, but hit me as one of a kind of a dangerous guy :wow: Nearly presented as some kind od "god", angry, powerful, dangerous!

Electro is one of my favorite Spidey villains! In fact, I was just reading his origin issue today! It's always a blast. I'm hoping he'll appear in one the Spidey movies at some point (as the main villain of course).

Electro kicks ass! I've always thought he was great and I really want to see him in a Spidey film. :up:

It's Electric. Haha!:woot:

Not a big fan of his starfish costume in 616 but I do like the character. Love him in TSSM big time.

The amount of depth they added to Electro in TSSM was so great!
I agree. They gave him a lot of character, and made him a great villain.

Also, although they completely altered his origin, I always liked the MTV Spider-Man series Electro. They actually made you show sympathy for him in that series.

Hum Electro appeared in two episodes of The Spectacular Spider-Man : episode 2 and episode 11 (Group Therapy).

The fact that he is just a young adult that is driven crazy angry by his loss of a normal life, and his strange relation with Octopus actually adds a lot more depth to him (I think so at least). I would like for him to still be in the surrounding of the good doctor in his next apparitions. For things to be "right", it would actually be a good thing to have him cured one way or another.

... what's TSSM? I missed that.

EDIT: Oh, I get it. Which issues are we talking about here?

Actually its the new cartoon on the WB. Season 1 is done, but many episodes are on youtube.

My favorite Electro cover:
amspider-man423.jpg

Anyone remember the 3-part comic series in "Spider-Man" called "Light the Night"? That was an awesome rendition of Electro, in my opinion.

I agree. They gave him a lot of character, and made him a great villain.

Also, although they completely altered his origin, I always liked the MTV Spider-Man series Electro. They actually made you show sympathy for him in that series.
here's my top 5 electro
5(best)-the MTV Spider-Man series Electro
Spectacular Spider-man animated series electro
ultimate electro
616 electro
1(worst)-90s animated series electro

In all honesty, if Electro were to make it into the films, I wouldn't mind seeing it as the rendition on the MTV Series. Maybe alter it a bit to make it fresh, but the tragedy of him being outcasted by peers and then being driven to murder and insanity would just be amazing!

440px-UltimateElectro442.jpg

Here's the Ultimate Electro pic you were requesting Don YoYo.

Personally, I've always been a fan of the yellow/green-lighting star costume. Something about villians and flashy outfits always get me.:o:woot:

I liked the creativity in the Ultimate Costume, the way they were able to put the lightning bolt in without making it a mask or something. However, it's definitly not my favorite design, but it's okay.

Even though Electro ( for my knowledge ) is the first of his kind, electricity based characters have become so big cliche that I don't enjoy Electro-stories as much as other stories.

Anyway, too bad Stan only used Electro twice.

Even though Electro ( for my knowledge ) is the first of his kind, electricity based characters have become so big cliche that I don't enjoy Electro-stories as much as other stories.

Anyway, too bad Stan only used Electro twice.

Come to think of it,he didnt use Electro much. Same for Scorpion and Chameleon. He seemed to like Kraven, Lizard and Vulture more. Well, he has taste anyway.

Spekaing of Electro, I'll be writing a Spider-Man story soon involving Ock and Electro. :word:

Anyone remember the 3-part comic series in "Spider-Man" called "Light the Night"? That was an awesome rendition of Electro, in my opinion.
Oh yeah, most definately. Probably one of the, if not the first, Electro stories I read when I began collecting comics on a reg basis.

spiderman40be7.jpg

if you were mto make a spider-man movie with electro how would you do it
me a mixture of ultimate, ssm as and mtv electro

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back